Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Will the media ever recover?

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,410 Times in 10,039 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Evmetro View Post
    You may be a lefty, but you are smart enough to see that I never said I believed the Mueller report said anything at all.
    So it's confusing that you would rely on Barr's summary, then, if you don't believe the Mueller report says anything at all.

If you believe it doesn't say anything, then you must believe Barr is lying about what it says, right?
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,041 Times in 13,848 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Beto Omar View Post
    Yes and no.

Unfortunately, there’s a segment of voters who refuse to learn. But one has to think there’s a segment even in the anti-Trump group that feels betrayed after this. I know I learned my hard lesson about trusting institutions with Iraq and WMD. Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

But it’s my opinion that there’s a large segment of the media that will never fully recover after this. That is, Fake News Branch.

They basically branded themselves. Trump just enunciates it.

And they aren’t alone. How can trust in the IC and justice Department to do anything but erode after this debacle. They *falsely accused* a president of a heinous crime and were proved wrong by a multimillion dollar investigation team that desperately tried to prove them right.

How can we trust them in the future?
    Recover from what?

Yesterday's news, three weeks from now nobody but the Trumpkins will be echoing the Barr report

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Evmetro View Post
    I don't blame you for trying this though, since you are backed into a corner.
    I'm not the one resisting full disclosure.

I'm not the one defending obstruction.

I'm not the one accepting Barr's summary of a report without seeing the report for myself.

What are you so afraid of?

4. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 10 Times in 10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    GOP: The Mueller Report clears Trump!

All: Can we see the report?

GOP: No.
    The release of the Mueller report is subjective under privacy, classification, and executive privilege rules regulations.

https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/...f/99-17327.pdf

If releasing the report is such an urgent issue, why haven't the Dems subpoena Mr. Mueller’s testimony or seek litigation?
    When you want to help people, you tell them the truth. When you want to help yourself, you tell them what they want to hear. -Thomas Sowell

The most controversial thing I've ever done was to decide to think with my brain instead of my skin color. - Candace Owens

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Southern Chicken For This Post:

Truth Detector (03-26-2019)

6. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 603 Times in 570 Posts

Yes and no.

Unfortunately, there’s a segment of voters who refuse to learn. But one has to think there’s a segment even in the anti-Trump group that feels betrayed after this. I know I learned my hard lesson about trusting institutions with Iraq and WMD. Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

But it’s my opinion that there’s a large segment of the media that will never fully recover after this. That is, Fake News Branch.

And they aren’t alone. How can trust in the IC and justice Department to do anything but erode after this debacle. They *falsely accused* a president of a heinous crime and were proved wrong by a multimillion dollar investigation team that desperately tried to prove them right.

You have been fooled twice- so shame on you!

And you will continue to be fooled if all you do is believe everything you hear on Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, or the words coming out of people's mouths like Donald Trump, Russians, Giuliani, or any number of Trump supporting pundits!

People like you are fooled for a lifetime- because you will only listen to a preacher preaching to his own choir!

You will only listen to what you want to hear!

You are limited in your thinking because of it!

Sometimes you actually have to listen to people that do not agree with you!

That is unless you think you are a God incapable of making an error in judgement!

If you are a God! My apologies! LOL!

7. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Chicken View Post
    The release of the Mueller report is subjective under privacy, classification, and executive privilege rules regulations.
    So no law is compelling this, just a subjective determination by the very people who stand to lose if full disclosure occurs.

Got it.

8. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

So it's confusing that you would rely on Barr's summary, then, if you don't believe the Mueller report says anything at all.

If you believe it doesn't say anything, then you must believe Barr is lying about what it says, right?
    Conversely, Lawmakers have a few options to try to make public details of the investigation. For example, They could start issuing subpoenas to Mr. Barr or They could also subpoena Mr. Mueller’s testimony. Lawmakers could also sue to try to force the Trump administration to hand over the requested material. Why do you think they haven't done this?
    When you want to help people, you tell them the truth. When you want to help yourself, you tell them what they want to hear. -Thomas Sowell

The most controversial thing I've ever done was to decide to think with my brain instead of my skin color. - Candace Owens

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Southern Chicken For This Post:

10. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

If releasing the report is such an urgent issue, why haven't the Dems subpoena Mr. Mueller’s testimony or seek litigation?
    Isn't that what they're doing right now?

House Democrats want Attorney General Bill Barr to testify on the Mueller report
    https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...mueller-report

Adam Schiff Says Democrats Prepared to Ask Robert Mueller to Testify
    House Intelligence chairman threatens lawsuit if coming report isn’t made public
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/adam-sc...fy-11551034171

11. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Conversely, Lawmakers have a few options to try to make public details of the investigation. For example, They could start issuing subpoenas to Mr. Barr or They could also subpoena Mr. Mueller’s testimony. Lawmakers could also sue to try to force the Trump administration to hand over the requested material. Why do you think they haven't done this?
    They are doing it as we speak. Maybe do a quick Google search before posting something like this.

Also, is this another anatta/noise ID? Feels like another ID.

Adam Schiff Says Democrats Prepared to Ask Robert Mueller to Testify
    House Intelligence chairman threatens lawsuit if coming report isn’t made public
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/adam-sc...fy-11551034171

12. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

Status of the Department's Review

The relevant regulations contemplate that the Special Counsel's report will be a "confidential report" to the Attorney General. See Office of Special Counsel, 64 Fed. Reg. 37,038, 37,040-41 (July 9, 1999). As I have previously stated, however, I am mindful of the public interest in this matter. For that reason, my goal and intent is to release as much of the Special Counsel's report as I can consistent with applicable law, regulations, and Departmental policies.

Based on my discussions with the Special Counsel and my initial review, it is apparent that the report contains material that is or could be subject to Federal Rule of Criminal Procedure 6( e ), which imposes restrictions on the use and disclosure of information relating to "matter[ s] occurring before [a] grand jury." Fed. R. Crim. P. 6(e)(2)(B). Rule 6(e) generally limits disclosure of certain grand jury information in a criminal investigation and prosecution. Id. Disclosure of 6( e) material beyond the strict limits set forth in the rule is a crime in certain circumstances. See, e.g., 18 U.S.C. § 401(3). This restriction protects the integrity of grand jury proceedings and ensures that the unique and invaluable investigative powers of a grand jury are used strictly for their intended criminal justice function.

Given these restrictions, the schedule for processing the report depends in part on how quickly the Department can identify the 6( e) material that by law cannot be made public. I have requested the assistance of the Special Counsel in identifying all 6( e) information contained in the report as quickly as possible. Separately, I also must identify any information that could impact other ongoing matters, including those that the Special Counsel has referred to other offices. As soon as that process is complete, I will be in a position to move forward expeditiously in determining what can be released in light of applicable law, regulations, and Departmental policies.

As I observed in my initial notification, the Special Counsel regulations provide that "the Attorney General may determine that public release of' notifications to your respective Committees "would be in the public interest." 28 C.F.R. § 600.9(c). I have so determined, and I will disclose this letter to the public after delivering it to you.

Sincerely,
    William P. Barr Attorney General"

https://judiciary.house.gov/sites/de...Committees.pdf

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

14. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

So no law is compelling this, just a subjective determination by the very people who stand to lose if full disclosure occurs.

Got it.
    But also the people who want to REALLY see it have methods to get it released to the public which they haven't chosen to Initiate

15. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    Status of the Department's Review

The relevant regulations contemplate that the Special Counsel's report will be a "confidential report" to the Attorney General. See Office of Special Counsel, 64 Fed. Reg. 37,038, 37,040-41 (July 9, 1999). As I have previously stated, however, I am mindful of the public interest in this matter. For that reason, my goal and intent is to release as much of the Special Counsel's report as I can consistent with applicable law, regulations, and Departmental policies.

Based on my discussions with the Special Counsel and my initial review, it is apparent that the report contains material that is or could be subject to Federal Rule of Criminal Procedure 6( e ), which imposes restrictions on the use and disclosure of information relating to "matter[ s] occurring before [a] grand jury." Fed. R. Crim. P. 6(e)(2)(B). Rule 6(e) generally limits disclosure of certain grand jury information in a criminal investigation and prosecution. Id. Disclosure of 6( e) material beyond the strict limits set forth in the rule is a crime in certain circumstances. See, e.g., 18 U.S.C. § 401(3). This restriction protects the integrity of grand jury proceedings and ensures that the unique and invaluable investigative powers of a grand jury are used strictly for their intended criminal justice function.

Given these restrictions, the schedule for processing the report depends in part on how quickly the Department can identify the 6( e) material that by law cannot be made public. I have requested the assistance of the Special Counsel in identifying all 6( e) information contained in the report as quickly as possible. Separately, I also must identify any information that could impact other ongoing matters, including those that the Special Counsel has referred to other offices. As soon as that process is complete, I will be in a position to move forward expeditiously in determining what can be released in light of applicable law, regulations, and Departmental policies.

As I observed in my initial notification, the Special Counsel regulations provide that "the Attorney General may determine that public release of' notifications to your respective Committees "would be in the public interest." 28 C.F.R. § 600.9(c). I have so determined, and I will disclose this letter to the public after delivering it to you.

Sincerely,
    William P. Barr Attorney General"

https://judiciary.house.gov/sites/de...Committees.pdf
    Who cares what Barr determines?

Release the report.

16. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

But also the people who want to REALLY see it have methods to get it released to the public which they haven't chosen to Initiate
    House committee chairs demand full Mueller report by April 2 deadline
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/con...pril-2-n987241

Again, a simple Google search would have answered this for you, which would mean you wouldn't need to post this.

So is this just another ID from anatta/noise? Feels like another anatta/noise ID.

17. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Welcome back Southern Chicken,

https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/...f/99-17327.pdf

That may happen. Give it time.

I see you have been a member for quite some time. But you don't like to get involved in flame wars.

If so, then we share that.

If you've been lurking much, then you know I am liberal and I am also into civil discourse.

Please know that no matter what we discuss, your right to be respected will not be violated by me.

We can freely discuss any subject of interest to both of us and you can 'drop your guard' with me. I will not attack you personally.

Your ideas, on the other hand, those are fair game.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

18. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

Yes and no.

You got this wrong. Nothing was proved. You're taking biased liberties with your conclusions.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

19. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (03-26-2019)