Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Mueller report given to Bar

1. #226 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    Saying it's not even debatable is your opinion that we didn't happen to agree with. The JD, FBI etc. are supposed to be above partisan politics. Mueller ran an excellent, tight investigation with no leaks or lies coming out of it. If you still think there was a conflict of interest you have to admit it didn't hurt the outcome.
    I don’t ‘think’ there was a conflict lol.

Mullet is constrained by the law: he can’t charge a crime in absence of a crime regardless of how conflicted the investigation is—it would only get dismissed in court and he would look like a fool.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

2. #227 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,094 Times in 25,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Beto Omar View Post
    I don’t ‘think’ there was a conflict lol.

Mullet is constrained by the law: he can’t charge a crime in absence of a crime regardless of how conflicted the investigation is—it would only get dismissed in court and he would look like a fool.
    All of the people involved in this are repubs... Comey, McCabe, Mueller and Rosenstein. If anybody shouldn't trust them it would be liberals. Yet we supported the investigation while cons didn't.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

3. #228 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

All of the people involved in this are repubs... Comey, McCabe, Mueller and Rosenstein. If anybody shouldn't trust them it would be liberals. Yet we supported the investigation while cons didn't.
    Some of Trump’s worst enemies have been ‘republicans’.

The last two years have been illuminating, to put it mildly.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

4. #229 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,512 Times in 16,974 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Do you think a liberal backed investigation would be investigating liberals? They were going after Trump.
    You pinned your hopes that wrongdoing by Trump would be brought out by this investigation...and...N O T H I N G.
    I'm sure after Nadler changes his diaper, he'll try to find something else.

As for involvement, don't you think the rich from both sides know and deal with some "shady" businessmen?
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

5. #230 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    Do you think a liberal backed investigation would be investigating liberals? They were going after Trump.
    You pinned your hopes that wrongdoing by Trump would be brought out by this investigation...and...N O T H I N G.

As for involvement, don't you think the rich from both sides know and deal with some "shady" businessmen?
    Manafort was bipartisan lol.

6. #231 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Those four men aren't in Congress, their job is to investigate people no matter the politics.

I personally said I'd accept Mueller's findings, even if I didn't like them, because I believed he would run a fair investigation.

Cons on this site claimed that Mueller would run a biased investigation even though they had no cause to believe it, because Mueller has a clean reputation.

I am not going to say there is NOTHING until the actual report is made public.

― Charles Dickens

7. #232 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Since shady characters are a topic and you’re a Mullet supporter maybe you can explain why Mullet didn’t indict Tony Podesta?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Stretch (03-24-2019)

9. #233 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Those four men aren't in Congress, their job is to investigate people no matter the politics.

I personally said I'd accept Mueller's findings, even if I didn't like them, because I believed he would run a fair investigation.

Cons on this site claimed that Mueller would run a biased investigation even though they had no cause to believe it, because Mueller has a clean reputation.

Wasn't he investigating Trump and his "supposed" dealings with Russia? Isn't that what you hoped would be found?
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

10. #234 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Wasn't he investigating Trump and his "supposed" dealings with Russia? Isn't that what you hoped would be found?
    I never thought there was out and out collusion between trump himself and Putin.

I didn't trust his surrogates, though. I thought there was a possibility they would do the dirty work to make it look like trump's hands were clean. Maybe you forgot how trump wrote Don Jr.'s misleading statement after the kid met with the Russian lawyer. It sure looked (and still looks) like they had something to hide by cooking up that story.

― Charles Dickens

11. #235 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Didn't it look "fishy" when Bill Clinton met with Lynch on a private plane to discuss his...grandchildren?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

Stretch (03-24-2019)

13. #236 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,959 Times in 6,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 483 Times in 453 Posts

Didn't it look "fishy" when Bill Clinton met with Lynch on a private plane to discuss his...grandchildren?
    That was "different".

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Life is Golden For This Post:

Stretch (03-24-2019)

15. #237 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I never thought there was out and out collusion between trump himself and Putin.

I didn't trust his surrogates, though. I thought there was a possibility they would do the dirty work to make it look like trump's hands were clean. Maybe you forgot how trump wrote Don Jr.'s misleading statement after the kid met with the Russian lawyer. It sure looked (and still looks) like they had something to hide by cooking up that story.
    The Russians aren’t going to collude with US citizens in an election because they would get slammed with sanctions if they get caught. And get this part: the Russians can’t affect an outcome in the electoral college. It’s lunacy.

The Risk/benefit ratio is way out of wack and the Russians aren’t stupid.
    Last edited by Darth Omar; 03-24-2019 at 04:14 AM.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

dukkha (03-23-2019), Stretch (03-24-2019)

17. #238 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Beto Omar View Post
    The Russians aren’t going to collude with US citizens in an election because they would get slammed with sanctions if they get caught. And get this part: the Russians can’t affect an outcome in the the electoral college. It’s lunacy.

The Risk/benefit ratio is way out of wack and the Russians aren’t stupid.
    right.. just what could da Russians to to effectively modify the election? They did what they did FB ads and trolls -
    big damn deal we do the same- all countries do

So why would Putin put himself at risk for something that wasn't going to do much? it's silly

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Darth Omar (03-24-2019), Stretch (03-24-2019)

19. #239 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Then why was this an earlier comment of yours??:

"Both the WH and Barr say they want to release as much as possible." "As much as possible" could mean none. They can say it's all classified.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

20. #240 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicRocker View Post
    right.. just what could da Russians to to effectively modify the election? They did what they did FB ads and trolls -
    big damn deal we do the same- all countries do

So why would Putin put himself at risk for something that wasn't going to do much? it's silly
    When you stop and think about it, it is pretty goofy lol.

A much more efficient way to affect an outcome would be to float a Dossier full of propaganda. Entice the media to run with it. That could have all sorts of downstream effects. It could get an SC appointed and perhaps even effectively undo the election results.

That’s definitely the way I’d go if wanted to affect an election outcome. Does anyone even read FB ads?

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

dukkha (03-24-2019)