Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Didn't Conservatives staple teabags to their faces because of this very thing?

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,761 Times in 4,510 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    CsnservativeS, PLURAL, not one Conservative columnist.
    Another deflection. The original post asked for conservatives, period. It did not mention columnist.

2. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

tea baggers threaten to teabag lib'ruls

homey don't play dat

https://townsquare.media/site/622/fi.../02/teabag.jpg

3. The Following User Says Thank You to reagansghost For This Post:

LV426 (03-27-2019)

4. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

5. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,422 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    It was stupid then also. You make it look like a lot of conservatives stapled bags to their faces.
    That's because they did.

It was the fashion of the time; to posture concern over the debt and deficit, caused by the policies of Bush the Dumber who they all voted for and supported, by stapling a teabag to your face.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

6. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

All of your comments are bad faith because you are deflecting from the original issue of finding links to conservatives who criticized the deficits.
    Only one of the links you posted actually had a Conservative opposing the deficits created by the tax cut.

Only one.

7. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I posted several links
    No, what you did was a quick Google search that turned up a few links, but you didn't actually read any of the links.

If you had, you would have known that only one of them actually had a Conservative speaking out about the deficit caused by the tax cut.

A couple of the links didn't even mention the deficit!

So how could you say the links were Conservatives criticizing the deficit when some of the links didn't even mention it?

Bad faith. That's how.

8. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

No, what you did was a quick Google search that turned up a few links, but you didn't actually read any of the links.
    Why don't you do a more thorough search? I'm sure you can find many more conservatives critical of the debt. Of course, they probably won't count unless they are an elected official, mention deficit more than once, and staple a tea bag to their face.

9. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

you have completely ignored the main issue by talking about tea bags
    Why were Conservatives stapling teabags to their faces 10 years ago? Because of fake concerns over the deficit.

Those same Conservatives today are silent as they expand the deficit by voting for and supporting the Russia Tax Cut.

Even Rand Paul, who postures over the deficit and did so in 2010 to win his Senate seat, voted for the Russia Tax Cut that caused the deficit to expand.

So you can't be genuine in saying you oppose deficits when you vote to expand the deficit by cutting taxes.

not holding public office
    Pretty significant, right? You have elected Conservatives who were elected because of their posturing over the debt and deficit, who are voting to expand debts and deficits today.

That doesn't strike you as weird and disingenuous? Be honest, now.

only mentioning debt once
    Yes! You were supposed to provide evidence showing Conservatives railing about the debt and deficit their tax cuts caused, and a couple of your links don't even mention either!

So you posted links that you said showed Conservatives opposing the deficits and debt their tax cuts caused, where they don't actually talk about the debt or deficit, or it's mentioned in passing like in the Steele link where he said they used to oppose deficits, or in the other link where they said the deficit was "ripe for discussion".

So...no opposition to the deficit. No railing about the policies that caused the deficit. Just a passing mention of it, and you think that satisfies the request? If so, you have an incredibly low bar for yourself.

and other irrelevant diversions without acknowledging the conservatives who are critical of the debt.
    So, this is you shifting the goalposts.

I wanted to see where Conservatives were railing against the deficit that has expanded because of their tax cut.

You are now shifting the bar to show Conservatives who oppose debt. Well, they already said that ten years ago. What they are not on record opposing are the debts and deficits created by their tax cut today.

10. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Another deflection. The original post asked for conservatives, period. It did not mention columnist.
    Conservatives, PLURAL, not one Conservative and a few links of you trying to stretch the definition of "railing".

11. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Why don't you do a more thorough search?
    No way, why the fuck should I do your work for you?

12. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I'm sure you can find many more conservatives critical of the debt
    Yeah, if I widen my parameters to 10 years ago when they all postured about it.

Try and find Conservatives today who oppose the tax cut that expanded the deficit to a record high last month.

The only one you could find was Samuelson.

And now you're demanding I accommodate your bad faith point by requiring me to do a thorough job researching your argument?

Who the fuck do you think you are?

13. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Of course, they probably won't count unless they are an elected official, mention deficit more than once, and staple a tea bag to their face.
    Yes, how dare I expect Conservatives who oppose the deficit to actually mention the deficit more than just in passing...

The only critic of the tax cut and resulting deficit you could find was Samuelson, and he made that opposition known before the tax cut was passed.

Nothing since then.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

Bill (03-26-2019)

15. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Only one of the links you posted actually had a Conservative opposing the deficits created by the tax cut.

Only one.
    You missed a few--Rand Paul, Daniel Horowitz, Justin Amash, Barbara Boland.

"Conservatives irate over GOP’s spending hypocrisy"
    https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...blicans-512463

"The GOP’s Laughable Call for a Balanced Budget Amendment"
    https://www.theamericanconservative....get-amendment/

Are liberals now concerned about budget deficits? Were there a lot of liberals who railed against deficits under Obama?

16. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Why were Conservatives stapling teabags to their faces 10 years ago? Because of fake concerns over the deficit.

Those same Conservatives today are silent as they expand the deficit by voting for and supporting the Russia Tax Cut.

Even Rand Paul, who postures over the deficit and did so in 2010 to win his Senate seat, voted for the Russia Tax Cut that caused the deficit to expand.

So you can't be genuine in saying you oppose deficits when you vote to expand the deficit by cutting taxes.

Pretty significant, right? You have elected Conservatives who were elected because of their posturing over the debt and deficit, who are voting to expand debts and deficits today.

That doesn't strike you as weird and disingenuous? Be honest, now.

Yes! You were supposed to provide evidence showing Conservatives railing about the debt and deficit their tax cuts caused, and a couple of your links don't even mention either!

So you posted links that you said showed Conservatives opposing the deficits and debt their tax cuts caused, where they don't actually talk about the debt or deficit, or it's mentioned in passing like in the Steele link where he said they used to oppose deficits, or in the other link where they said the deficit was "ripe for discussion".

So...no opposition to the deficit. No railing about the policies that caused the deficit. Just a passing mention of it, and you think that satisfies the request? If so, you have an incredibly low bar for yourself.

So, this is you shifting the goalposts.

I wanted to see where Conservatives were railing against the deficit that has expanded because of their tax cut.

You are now shifting the bar to show Conservatives who oppose debt. Well, they already said that ten years ago. What they are not on record opposing are the debts and deficits created by their tax cut today.
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

17. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

"Conservatives irate over GOP’s spending hypocrisy"
    No mention of the tax cuts, which caused the deficit to grow. Only four mentions of the deficit and none by a Republican quoted in the article.

Here's the context for each of the mentions:

Walker added, though, that most members pushing hard for deficit-reduction votes right now personally opposed the spending bill, as he did.
    So they voted for a tax cut first, which expanded the deficit, and now they are pushing for deficit reduction votes over spending. But it wasn't spending that caused the deficit to grow, it was the tax cut that did that. So this is just fiscal terrorism; deliberately manufacture deficits by flying planes of tax cuts into the budget, then posture over those deficits to force through the spending cuts they really wanted.

2. Here's the other part where Conservatives supposedly rail about the deficit, only no Conservative did so:
    Rather, it’s a result of a combination of GOP-approved bills: tax cuts that CBO now expects to add $1.9 trillion to the deficit over 10 years; a newly passed bipartisan deal to raise strict spending caps by $320 billion for two years; and a recent $100 billion infusion of cash into emergency disaster coffers — almost entirely unpaid for.
    How is that showing Conservatives railing about deficits?

3. Here's the other part:
    But with Republicans swimming in red ink — the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office projected regular trillion-dollar annual deficits starting in 2020, despite a growing economy — the party feels pressure to do something.
    So how is that showing Conservatives railing about deficits?

4. Here, again:
    The CBO’s deficit forecast hasn’t been that bleak since the Great Recession. And this time, Republicans can’t blame Barack Obama and the Democrats.
    So how is that showing Conservatives railing about deficits?

Why are you arguing so dishonestly??

18. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

Bill (03-26-2019)