Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Americans Under The Crushing Boot Of New York City

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 51 Times in 48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by philly rabbit View Post
    That's the kind of government we'll have like the one that runs New York City, totalitarian and communist, almost no individual freedom, an unbelievable high tax rate on everything that moves or doesn't move - or like the ones in Chicago or Los Angeles if the left succeeds in getting rid of their arch nemesis, the electoral college.

Getting rid of the college means the votes of myself and millions of my fellow americans will become irrelevant. It would mean that the states in middle america located between the the coasts will no longer be able to decide national elections which is the goal of the left with all this.

And it also means that Donald Trump cannot be reelected in 2020 or that anybody like Trump could never be elected again.

The left's popular vote mob rule will be the death of individual liberty and free democratic elections.

Very clever and evil are always the left's intentions.
    It's the other way around silly. When you're told 3,000,000 votes didn't matter, then you can complain like us. What you're afraid of that could happen to you, is our reality. so suck it up, daffodil.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,597 Times in 1,209 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 96 Times in 94 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    The Electoral College was created to satisfy slave holders.

So why are we still accommodating that?

Why? No other democratic, first world country does it this way.
    We are a Republic.

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,626 Times in 7,127 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,985 Times in 2,707 Posts
    Blog Entries

That's the kind of government we'll have like the one that runs New York City, totalitarian and communist, almost no individual freedom, an unbelievable high tax rate on everything that moves or doesn't move - or like the ones in Chicago or Los Angeles if the left succeeds in getting rid of their arch nemesis, the electoral college.

Getting rid of the college means the votes of myself and millions of my fellow americans will become irrelevant. It would mean that the states in middle america located between the the coasts will no longer be able to decide national elections which is the goal of the left with all this.

And it also means that Donald Trump cannot be reelected in 2020 or that anybody like Trump could never be elected again.

The left's popular vote mob rule will be the death of individual liberty and free democratic elections.

trying to assert that New York City has a communist government makes you look like a drunken moron.

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,406 Times in 10,036 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    We are a Republic.
    A distinction that means nothing here.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 552 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    The founders didn't create the EC so "people like Trump" could be elected. We should keep the EC but the argument above is strictly from a partisan perspective, no different than why liberals want to eliminate it.
    How so cwacko?

What's partisan about it?

If you understand that we are supposed to live in a constitutional republic and not a democracy which you do, what makes you think I would call for the end of the college if my candidate won a popular majority but lost on the college?

You're the one who's being partisan here because you are a never Trumper, not I.

You're speculating incorrectly my friend.
    MAGA IS ALIVE AND WELL.

6. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 552 Times in 487 Posts

Bump for cawacko.
    MAGA IS ALIVE AND WELL.

7. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,456 Times in 2,386 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 941 Times in 861 Posts

I know that the USA is a Federation, and that the rights of all the States have to be accommodated. The problem is that your parties and your elections are national, not, as in the EU, those of the individual states, so that the result of observing the rights of the states is to deny the right of the electorate to a government of its choosing. I can see why the Republican Party supports a system that allows it undemocratic power, but it seems to me that this system is hardy a stable one, particularly when the result is a not-desperately honest or sensible President who puts the world off America without really representing it.

8. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,519 Times in 11,562 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    Philly bunny is right about a couple of things.
    First, I would indeed love to see Middle America irrelevant in choosing our national government.
    Two, bunny and all the other Trumpanzees are certainly deplorable to any person of quality.
    There you have it liberalisms idea of a patriotic American. Gee I would swear Numb nuts Niblick is calling for liberal land to secede from the Union and form the Forth Reich. Seig Heil you Nazi bastard.

9. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,780 Times in 32,146 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

lib'ruls are so strange.......the old adage is "don't fix something that isn't broken".......they want it to be "fix something BECAUSE it isn't broken".........

10. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,760 Times in 7,264 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,060 Times in 1,005 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    There you have it liberalisms idea of a patriotic American. Gee I would swear Numb nuts Niblick is calling for liberal land to secede from the Union and form the Forth Reich. Seig Heil you Nazi bastard.
    I'm a realist, Grumpfuck.

Coastal America and Middle America will NEVER be happy living under the same government.
    Our differences are sincere and real. Both sides truly believe what they're saying.

Coming together is a fucking pipe dream.
    Our respective values are totally repugnant to one another.
    You hate liberals.
    I hate shitkicker rubes who hunt and go to church and vote Republican.

That's forever, fuckface, so any of your solutions better take that into account.
    Otherwise you're just sitting on your thumb--as usual.

11. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,036 Times in 13,846 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

That's weird, I always thought democracy was based upon popular vote, the guy who gets the most votes wins (and please no comments about being a republic not democracy)

What you want is to preserve an antiquated system where elections are based upon geography rather than people. A state as Wyomimg, which isn't much bigger than metro Buffalo, gets three electoral votes, cities, where the majority of Americans live, is disproportionately underrepresented

As far as becoming irrelevant, you are correct, but America has ceased being an agricultural nation a century ago if not earlier

12. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

LV426 (03-26-2019)

13. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,519 Times in 11,562 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    I'm a realist, Grumpfuck.

Coastal America and Middle America will NEVER be happy living under the same government.
    Our differences are sincere and real. Both sides truly believe what they're saying.

Coming together is a fucking pipe dream.
    Our respective values are totally repugnant to one another.
    You hate liberals.
    I hate shitkicker rubes who hunt and go to church and vote Republican.

That's forever, fuckface, so any of your solutions better take that into account.
    Otherwise you're just sitting on your thumb--as usual.
    The above is do mindlessly asinine that I am speechless. The only repugnant thing in this country is you! Along with your pastime of hanging out in men's public restrooms looking for love.

14. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,626 Times in 7,127 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,985 Times in 2,707 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Why is it dumb fuck progressives can never support that statement?

Because they're educated

15. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,760 Times in 7,264 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,060 Times in 1,005 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    The above is do mindlessly asinine that I am speechless. The only repugnant thing in this country is you! Along with your pastime of hanging out in men's public restrooms looking for love.
    If only you were speechless, you ridiculous cracker. Instead, you pollute the cybersphere with your mindless, ignorant bullshit.

16. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,036 Times in 13,846 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

How so cwacko?

What's partisan about it?

If you understand that we are supposed to live in a constitutional republic and not a democracy which you do, what makes you think I would call for the end of the college if my candidate won a popular majority but lost on the college?

You're the one who's being partisan here because you are a never Trumper, not I.

You're speculating incorrectly my friend.
    We live in a democratic republic, we elect democratically candidates to represent us. It is not a straight democracy, but a representative democracy

A Constitutional Republic refers to the manner inwhich we have created our framework of government not the manner in which we elected our representatives