Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: KY governor Bevin INTENTIONALLY made sure his 9 kids got chicken pox

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 8 Times in 8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Erythromycin is my kryptonite. A careful pharmacist a couple years ago saved my bacon. Doc had prescribe Z-Pak (azithromycin) for a sinus infection. Went to the pharmacy to pick it up; had to come back because the pharmacist had caught my allergy to E-mycin and called the doc for a different script. 14 years ago, my husband's doc prescribed the same thing for an upper respiratory infection. He took the first dose shortly before bedtime. Woke up an hour later gasping for breath. I called 911. By the time they got him to the ER he was in full respiratory arrest. The drug-addicted (we found out later) ER doc on duty didn't get an airway established for 50 minutes. By then he was also in cardiac arrest, and then he died.
    Owl, I am so sorry.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Aimée For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (03-22-2019)

3. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,511 Times in 4,834 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,798 Times in 1,605 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf_Twitler View Post
    I knew one guy, when he was just a small child, who caught the chickenpox along with a strep throat that complicated him into having a dangerous heart condition for the rest of his life and one of his eyes has no muscle control and he was also wall-eyed for the rest of his life. He's 60 now and has already had a stroke and a heart attack that almost killed him.

If Chicken Pox is complicated with other common illnesses and diseases, it can be deadly, dangerous, and disfiguring!
    I've mentioned HERE before (and of course was challenged by the board assholes) that I got measles as a kid, then pneumonia. Spent 30 days in 2 hospitals, being shipped off to a large AirForce hospital out in CA, where it was discussed whether to remove 1/2 of my lung. Those 2ndary 'diseases' will kill yah!

So I would NOT go looking for CHICKENPOX if I were any parent or a GOVERNOR. But that's just me.
    WK1 3/28-/4 _Cases 301k--Dead 18.1k Lethality 2.72%
    WK2 4/5-/13 _Cases 555k--Dead 22.1K Lethality 3.9%
    WK3 4/20-/21 Cases 774k -Dead 37.2K Lethality 4.8%
    WK4 4/22-/29 Cases 1M --Dead 58.8K Lethality 5.9%
    WK5 5/1-/8__ Cases 1.3M -Dead 75.7K Lethality 6.1%
    WK6 5/9-16__Cases 1.4M --Dead 85.8K Lethality 6.1%
    WK7 5/17-24_Cases 1.7M - Dead 97.6K Lethality 5.9%
    WK8 5/28 Cases 1.7M - DEAD 101.2K - Same

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Centerleftfl For This Post:

Aimée (03-22-2019), ThatOwlWoman (03-22-2019)

5. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,492 Times in 52,722 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aimée View Post
    Owl, I am so sorry.
    Thanks, Aimee.

6. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 8 Times in 8 Posts

Thanks, Aimee.
    You're welcome.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Aimée For This Post:

8. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Erythromycin is my kryptonite. A careful pharmacist a couple years ago saved my bacon. Doc had prescribe Z-Pak (azithromycin) for a sinus infection. Went to the pharmacy to pick it up; had to come back because the pharmacist had caught my allergy to E-mycin and called the doc for a different script. 14 years ago, my husband's doc prescribed the same thing for an upper respiratory infection. He took the first dose shortly before bedtime. Woke up an hour later gasping for breath. I called 911. By the time they got him to the ER he was in full respiratory arrest. The drug-addicted (we found out later) ER doc on duty didn't get an airway established for 50 minutes. By then he was also in cardiac arrest, and then he died.
    Ooooooooh my gosh. I'm so very sorry OwlWoman.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

9. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

Natrual Selection ...
    ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

10. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    Ooooooooh my gosh. I'm so very sorry OwlWoman.
    Thanks, Stretch.

11. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

OK, I'm digging deeper.

First here's that list again:
    Although there are well over 100 antibiotics, the majority come from only a few types of drugs. These are the main classes of antibiotics.

Penicillins such as penicillin and amoxicillin
    Cephalosporins such as cephalexin (Keflex)
    Macrolides such as erythromycin (E-Mycin), clarithromycin (Biaxin), and azithromycin (Zithromax)
    Fluoroquinolones such as ciprofolxacin (Cipro), levofloxacin (Levaquin), and ofloxacin (Floxin)
    Sulfonamides such as co-trimoxazole (Bactrim) and trimethoprim (Proloprim)
    Tetracyclines such as tetracycline (Sumycin, Panmycin) and doxycycline (Vibramycin)
    Aminoglycosides such as gentamicin (Garamycin) and tobramycin (Tobrex)

Next there's this from a Dr. Roach (YourGoodHealth@med.cornell.edu)

Reaction to neomycin means no shingles vaccine
    By Dr. Keith Roach , Herald-Tribune
    / Friday, July 11, 2014

DEAR DR. ROACH: I am 61 years old, and was anxious to get a shingles vaccine shot. I was upset to learn that, because I am allergic to neomycin, an ingredient in the vaccine, I cannot get vaccinated. I have talked to my doctor and also to a pharmacist about other options, but they don't know of any. Do you know of other options I could use to protect myself against shingles? -- B.G.P.

ANSWER: If it's a severe (the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says "life-threatening") reaction to neomycin, then you cannot get the vaccine. There is no other way to reliably prevent getting shingles. Keeping your immune system healthy (good diet, regular exercise, good sleep) may help. However, the most important thing for you and others who haven't been vaccinated will be to recognize shingles early and get treated immediately. Being treated early, preferably within 24 hours of the rash, can reduce the duration of symptoms.

Shingles usually starts with pain, burning or itching on one side of the body in a particular location, called a dermatome. This might be a band around the torso, the top of the arm or part of the face. The classic description of the rash is a clear, fluid-filled blister on reddened skin ("dewdrop on a rose petal"), but it does not always look so classic. See your doctor immediately after any painful rash shows up in a single area of the body.

Next I looked up neomycins to see what class they fall in. I found:
    Neomycin is an antibiotic that's used to prevent or treat bacterial infections. It belongs to a class of antibiotics called aminoglycosides, which work by stopping the production of proteins that bacteria need to survive.

Looking back up to our list:

So, I'm bringing this with me to my Doc at my next visit in July.
    I want to know if a person has had bad reactions to the Macrolides group (which includes Z-Pak) or the Tetracycline group would automatically react badly to those mycins found in the Aminoglycosides group.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

13. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Thanks, Stretch.
    You're welcome.
    pain in abortion.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

15. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

OK, I'm digging deeper.

Although there are well over 100 antibiotics, the majority come from only a few types of drugs. These are the main classes of antibiotics.

Macrolides such as erythromycin (E-Mycin), clarithromycin (Biaxin), and azithromycin (Zithromax)
    Fluoroquinolones such as ciprofolxacin (Cipro), levofloxacin (Levaquin), and ofloxacin (Floxin)
    Tetracyclines such as tetracycline (Sumycin, Panmycin) and doxycycline (Vibramycin)

/ Friday, July 11, 2014

DEAR DR. ROACH: I am 61 years old, and was anxious to get a shingles vaccine shot. I was upset to learn that, because I am allergic to neomycin, an ingredient in the vaccine, I cannot get vaccinated. I have talked to my doctor and also to a pharmacist about other options, but they don't know of any. Do you know of other options I could use to protect myself against shingles? -- B.G.P.

ANSWER: If it's a severe (the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says "life-threatening") reaction to neomycin, then you cannot get the vaccine. There is no other way to reliably prevent getting shingles. Keeping your immune system healthy (good diet, regular exercise, good sleep) may help. However, the most important thing for you and others who haven't been vaccinated will be to recognize shingles early and get treated immediately. Being treated early, preferably within 24 hours of the rash, can reduce the duration of symptoms.

Shingles usually starts with pain, burning or itching on one side of the body in a particular location, called a dermatome. This might be a band around the torso, the top of the arm or part of the face. The classic description of the rash is a clear, fluid-filled blister on reddened skin ("dewdrop on a rose petal"), but it does not always look so classic. See your doctor immediately after any painful rash shows up in a single area of the body.

Neomycin is an antibiotic that's used to prevent or treat bacterial infections. It belongs to a class of antibiotics called aminoglycosides, which work by stopping the production of proteins that bacteria need to survive.

I want to know if a person has had bad reactions to the Macrolides group (which includes Z-Pak) or the Tetracycline group would automatically react badly to those mycins found in the Aminoglycosides group.
    Thanks.... great research. Most of us health care professionals dearly love well-informed patients as health partners! I'm saving it myself for my own semi-annual scolding in May.

16. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

Didn't everyone do this back then?

17. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Thanks.... great research. Most of us health care professionals dearly love well-informed patients as health partners! I'm saving it myself for my own semi-annual scolding in May.
    No problem. I think it's a legit question for both of us to ask our Docs. For instance I've always requested Cipro and/or Amoxicillin when a mycin was needed and never had problems with those. My big reactions came with the Tetracyline and a Z-Pak.
    Who knows, maybe the Neomycin from the Aminoglycosides group might agree with me. I'll let you know what my Doc says. And, please let me know what yours says? Thanks!
    pain in abortion.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

19. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,520 Times in 5,217 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,477 Times in 2,299 Posts

OK, I'm digging deeper.

/ Friday, July 11, 2014

Define bad reactions to macrolides and tetracycline?

The simple answer is that there isn’t a simple answer.

There isn’t cross reactivity between macrolides, tetracyclines and aminoycosides so that isn’t a concern. But that in and of itself doesn’t mean you won’t be allergic to neomycin.

The key is knowing the severity of the allergy

Disclaimer: don’t take medical advice from a yahoo on the inter webs that doesn’t know your full medical history no matter how smart I am. The information provided above is for educational purposes only and should not be construed as medical advice. Please seek counsel from a licensed physician and/or pharmacist.

20. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,520 Times in 5,217 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,477 Times in 2,299 Posts

Being a ward clerk does not qualify as a healthcare professional

21. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by I Love America View Post
    Define bad reactions to macrolides and tetracycline?

The simple answer is that there isn’t a simple answer.

There isn’t cross reactivity between macrolides, tetracyclines and aminoycosides so that isn’t a concern. But that in and of itself doesn’t mean you won’t be allergic to neomycin.

The key is knowing the severity of the allergy

Disclaimer: don’t take medical advice from a yahoo on the inter webs that doesn’t know your full medical history no matter how smart I am. The information provided above is for educational purposes only and should not be construed as medical advice. Please seek counsel from a licensed physician and/or pharmacist.
    Yeah. Like I said. I'll be bringing this up with my Doc.
    pain in abortion.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretch For This Post: