Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: KY governor Bevin INTENTIONALLY made sure his 9 kids got chicken pox

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default KY governor Bevin INTENTIONALLY made sure his 9 kids got chicken pox

Kentucky Gov. Matt Bevin intentionally made his children sick and miserable because he hates science. There’s a vaccine for chicken pox, a disease that can be dangerous and even fatal, and which puts people at risk of painful shingles later in life—but Bevin rejected it, instead exposing his nine children to the disease.

“Every single one of my kids had the chickenpox,” Bevin said in a radio interview. “They got the chickenpox on purpose because we found a neighbor that had it and I went and made sure every one of my kids was exposed to it, and they got it. They had it as children. They were miserable for a few days, and they all turned out fine.” Sure, you know now that they all turned out fine … but it didn’t have to turn out that way. That’s like saying “hey, I drove home drunk the other night and it all turned out fine.”

Bevin’s move went against guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control, and the state of Kentucky, which mandates a vaccine for kids entering kindergarten. Bevin is more interested in FREEEDOOOOMMMMM than in science or keeping his kids healthy, though, saying that ”This is America. The federal government should not be forcing this upon people. They just shouldn’t.” Instead, people should be forcing their unvaccinated kids on everyone around them, spreading disease and increasing healthcare costs. That’s much more freedomy!

~Laura Clawson

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,740 Times in 14,334 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    Kentucky Gov. Matt Bevin intentionally made his children sick and miserable because he hates science. There’s a vaccine for chicken pox, a disease that can be dangerous and even fatal, and which puts people at risk of painful shingles later in life—but Bevin rejected it, instead exposing his nine children to the disease.

“Every single one of my kids had the chickenpox,” Bevin said in a radio interview. “They got the chickenpox on purpose because we found a neighbor that had it and I went and made sure every one of my kids was exposed to it, and they got it. They had it as children. They were miserable for a few days, and they all turned out fine.” Sure, you know now that they all turned out fine … but it didn’t have to turn out that way. That’s like saying “hey, I drove home drunk the other night and it all turned out fine.”

Bevin’s move went against guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control, and the state of Kentucky, which mandates a vaccine for kids entering kindergarten. Bevin is more interested in FREEEDOOOOMMMMM than in science or keeping his kids healthy, though, saying that ”This is America. The federal government should not be forcing this upon people. They just shouldn’t.” Instead, people should be forcing their unvaccinated kids on everyone around them, spreading disease and increasing healthcare costs. That’s much more freedomy!

~Laura Clawson
    That was the norm when I was growing up. Get it when you're young, or it's a bitch when you're older. Vaccine is interesting. I wonder if it prevents shingles later in life?
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Althea For This Post:

Aimée (03-21-2019), PostmodernProphet (03-21-2019), ThatOwlWoman (03-21-2019)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,511 Times in 4,834 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,798 Times in 1,605 Posts
    Blog Entries

~Laura Clawson

I didn't believe this and wanted a LINK. I found it. It's all over the fucking place!

Does the MFUCKER now realize that he has set all of his children up for potential SHINGLES later in life? And that if adults they get those, they can infect children, maybe THEIR GRANDCHILDREN, if they are as stupid or as this stupid father?

How many kids did his kids come in contact with?

WHERE IS THE KENTUCKY CHILD FAMILY PROTECTIVE SERVICES. They need to go interview him and the FAMILY and conduct a matrix for exposure to others! He went and FOUND a family which chickenpox--sent them to a chickenpox party?

Did any of his little science experiments come in contact with ANY PREGNANT WOMEN?

Chickenpox Can Be Serious. Most children who get chickenpox recover completely. But chickenpox can be serious, even deadly, especially for babies, adolescents, adults, pregnant women, and/or people with a weakened immune system.Sep 24, 2018 - CDC

Kentucky governor says he exposed his children to chickenpox instead of getting them vaccinated

BY CAITLIN O'KANE
    MARCH 21, 2019 / 10:04 AM / CBS NEWS

Kentucky Governor Matt Bevin said he deliberately exposed his kids to chickenpox, instead of vaccinating them against the common childhood illness. Speaking to local radio station WKCT on Tuesday, Bevin said all nine of his children had chickenpox.

"They got the chickenpox on purpose," Bevin said, "because we found a neighbor that had it and I went and made sure every one of my kids was exposed to it, and they got it." Bevin and his wife, Glenna, have five biological children and four adopted children.

So called chickenpox parties have been popping up across the U.S. for years. Parents sometimes deliberately expose their children to other kids with chickenpox, hoping they catch the virus and therefore become immune. The thinking is that most kids recover quickly, and the illness can be far more serious if they catch it in adulthood. But experts say a better, safer way to become immune to chickenpox is to get vaccinated...

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/kentucky-governor-matt-bevin-exposed-his-children-to-chickenpox-instead-of-getting-them-vaccinated/
    Last edited by Centerleftfl; 03-22-2019 at 06:55 AM.
    WK1 3/28-/4 _Cases 301k--Dead 18.1k Lethality 2.72%
    WK2 4/5-/13 _Cases 555k--Dead 22.1K Lethality 3.9%
    WK3 4/20-/21 Cases 774k -Dead 37.2K Lethality 4.8%
    WK4 4/22-/29 Cases 1M --Dead 58.8K Lethality 5.9%
    WK5 5/1-/8__ Cases 1.3M -Dead 75.7K Lethality 6.1%
    WK6 5/9-16__Cases 1.4M --Dead 85.8K Lethality 6.1%
    WK7 5/17-24_Cases 1.7M - Dead 97.6K Lethality 5.9%
    WK8 5/28 Cases 1.7M - DEAD 101.2K - Same

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Centerleftfl For This Post:

Aimée (03-21-2019), CharacterAssassin (03-21-2019), christiefan915 (03-21-2019), domer76 (03-21-2019), Guno צְבִי (03-21-2019), reagansghost (03-21-2019)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 5 Times in 5 Posts

shingles is like a roll of the dice few catch it , if you do it's hell for a good time . just prey you don't get it !!
    Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    That was the norm when I was growing up. Get it when you're young, or it's a bitch when you're older. Vaccine is interesting. I wonder if it prevents shingles later in life?
    Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,529 Times in 52,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Yeah, moms did expose their kids to chicken pox back in the day before the vaccine was available, in hopes that they'd get it when it wasn't such a big deal, and not when they were older. All my kids had it when young, except for my youngest daughter. She got it at age 17. She was miserable, and missed a week of work and school.

As for the shingles and the chicken pox vaccine, it's not a certainty but it may. According to current knowledge, the vaccine may also make a case of the shingles milder.

http://www.nfid.org/publications/fac...cellaadult.pdf

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Stretch (03-21-2019)

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BillyB View Post
    shingles is like a roll of the dice few catch it , if you do it's hell for a good time . just prey you don't get it !!

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk
    Technically you don't catch shingles; once you've had chickenpox the virus lives forever in your body. Sometimes something reactivates it and that's what causes shingles. You're right; it's horrible. My oldest brother got it when he was 65, on his face. He had to continue seeing an eye doc for a year to make sure that it hadn't damaged his eye on that side.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Stretch (03-21-2019)

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Technically you don't catch shingles; once you've had chickenpox the virus lives forever in your body. Sometimes something reactivates it and that's what causes shingles. You're right; it's horrible. My oldest brother got it when he was 65, on his face. He had to continue seeing an eye doc for a year to make sure that it hadn't damaged his eye on that side.
    Yes...it lies dormant until you either have a compromised immune system (chemo, etc), or just stress. I got a case when I was younger...prob. in my forties. I thought it was poison ivy at first...a rash that itched. It ran across my ribs. Time passed, and it eventually felt like someone was hitting my ribs with a baseball bat. I finally consulted a friend who used to get shingles. He confirmed it.

I was indeed under a lot of stress at work. I happened to have a 1940s era Merk manual that I found in a basement years earlier. I looked up shingles, and it said high doses of vitamin B12, and Lysine will help.

I'll be damned if it didn't work like a charm. I was already taking B12 along with other vitamins almost every day. I upped the dose, and added Lysine. Worked like magic.

A few years later, I lost a cat that was way too young to die. The stress brought a hint of that rash again. I immediately started the regimen, and it never developed into the full rash.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (03-21-2019)

13. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

bottom line is you don't get shingles if you've never had chicken pox, right?

plus some people die from the disease

Bevin is one fucked up hick, CPS should take those 9 kids away while they're still halfway healthy

14. The Following User Says Thank You to reagansghost For This Post:

Rune (03-22-2019)

15. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Yes...it lies dormant until you either have a compromised immune system (chemo, etc), or just stress. I got a case when I was younger...prob. in my forties. I thought it was poison ivy at first...a rash that itched. It ran across my ribs. Time passed, and it eventually felt like someone was hitting my ribs with a baseball bat. I finally consulted a friend who used to get shingles. He confirmed it.

I was indeed under a lot of stress at work. I happened to have a 1940s era Merk manual that I found in a basement years earlier. I looked up shingles, and it said high doses of vitamin B12, and Lysine will help.

I'll be damned if it didn't work like a charm. I was already taking B12 along with other vitamins almost every day. I upped the dose, and added Lysine. Worked like magic.

A few years later, I lost a cat that was way too young to die. The stress brought a hint of that rash again. I immediately started the regimen, and it never developed into the full rash.
    Good for you! They have antivirals now as well, that can help considerably. The only caveat I would give you is please don't self-treat if it pops up on your face, head, or private area. Hopefully it will never come back!

16. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Bevin is one fucked up hick, CPS should take those 9 kids away while they're still halfway healthy
    If you never had it, you can catch it from a kid who does.

17. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

If you never had it, you can catch it from a kid who does.
    shingles or chicken pox?

18. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

He should make sure his kids are vaxxed against all preventable stuff, like all responsible loving parents do.

I don't know the answer to your question. It's of interest to me too because I never had any of the childhood diseases yet have antibodies against them. Plus all of my kids had CP but they didn't infect me.

From WebMD:

"What if you have never had chickenpox or have already had a case of shingles? You should still get vaccinated because studies show that nearly all adults 40 years and older have had chickenpox whether they remember having it or not. Also, if you’ve already had shingles, the vaccine can help protect against recurrence."

https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/featu...s-chickenpox#1

19. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Good for you! They have antivirals now as well, that can help considerably. The only caveat I would give you is please don't self-treat if it pops up on your face, head, or private area. Hopefully it will never come back!
    It's always along a nerve meridian. I know most elderly people seem to get it across the forehead. Hopefully, I'm done for the rest of my life!

20. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

shingles or chicken pox?
    If you are not immune to chickenpox, you can catch them from a person who has shingles.

21. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

shingles or chicken pox?
    Chicken pox. Not sure about this vaccine. I know a few people who never got it as a kid, but got it from their kids. It was a near death experience for them when they were older.