Members banned from this thread: Hermes Thoth, SmarterthanYou, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Granule, canceled.2021.1, Boris The Animal, canceled.2021.2, MAGA MAN, canceled.2021.3, iewitness, Irish, CFM, Ralph, Wolverine, Sailor, Life is Golden, Bigdog, TTQ64, Getin the ring, zymurgy, Evmetro, Superfreak, CharacterAssassin, PraiseKek, Eagle_Eye, katzgar, Joe Capitalist, countryboy, Tommatthews, volsrock, The Ugly Truth, BodyDouble, coolzone, rhym3pays, LV426, Loving91390, Yurt, Into the Night, Tkaffen, Enlightened One, Anarchon, artichoke, Bobb, Earl and lisasanders1964

Thread: Kirstjen Nielsen: The Kindly Female Voice Of Xenophobia And Border Family Separation.

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Kirstjen Nielsen: The Kindly Female Voice Of Xenophobia And Border Family Separation.

Ya gotta be tough to work as a woman in Trump's world. What you need to do is forget about any feelings of caring or sympathy for families ripped apart by crazy policy. Put a happy face on it!

Kirstjen Nielsen: Walking a tightrope working for Trump

"During a House homeland security hearing on 6 March, Ms Nielsen said that border agents do not put children in cages in detention facilities. She explained: "If you mean a cage like this." She raised her hands above her head and drew an outline of a small, rectangular-shaped dog kennel.

Democrats disagreed. Regardless of the size of the wire-enclosed areas where children were held, the contraptions were still cages, said Bonnie Watson Coleman of New Jersey.

Ms Nielsen acted as an unwavering advocate for the president's "zero tolerance" border policy and for other measures during the hearing. She expressed staunch support for his national emergency and his wall and said she was working to ensure that the nation's borders were fully secure."

PoliTalker anti-troll thread thief disclaimer: If this thread is stolen, plagiarized, will the thief have the nerve to use the entire OP, word for word? Including this disclaimer? If you want my take on it, you'll have to post to this original PoliTalker thread. I refuse to be an enabler for online bullies, so I won't post to a stolen thread. I won't even read it. If you don't see me, PoliTalker, posting in this thread check the author. This might be a hijacked thread, not the original.

"The US homeland security secretary has steadfastly defended a border policy that has provoked condemnation because of its impact on children and families. But why has Kirstjen Nielsen's style also irked her critics?"

Good question. What's your take on it?
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

I'll VOTE for WHOEVER and WHATEVER is against Trump ... period ... end of story.
    ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Bourbon,

Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon View Post
    I'll VOTE for WHOEVER and WHATEVER is against Trump ... period ... end of story.
    Whomever Trump goes up against, I think he will have a more formidable candidate this time.

Let's face it. He got elected on a fluke. The Democratic Party had it in for Hillary, but they weren't listening to the people. She had issues.

I think the Democrats got the lesson. They need to run a charismatic candidate with little baggage. Sure, the policy is going to swing left, and that's what the nation wants.

Trump had it easy last time. I don't think the Democratic Party is going to give him another set-up like that.

On the other hand, Trump will be the incumbent. That is usually a huge advantage.

However, that effect is likely to be diminished by the fact that Trump motivates voters on the idea of going in and shaking up the status quo, drain the swamp. Resist against those scurrilous corrupt DC power players. That was fine when he was the outsider. Now he is the insider. Couple that with the number of Republican Senate races which are vulnerable and will be turning out large voter participation, and it strongly suggests Trump is in trouble for 2020.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.