Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Elite College Worth It? Maybe Not

1. #106 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    "ACCOMMODATE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

Fuck you and fuck your dependency on accommodation.

Here's what you said:

And I responded to that by saying Psych majors have an average income that is tracks the national average, and that one of the four top employers for Psych Majors was Bank of America.

So that information completely contradicts what was obviously a preconceived and prejudicial notion about the value and employability of certain majors.

Then you walked that shit back by saying it was a "metaphor" (how?) and any major would fit there like History or English, both of which have average incomes at or above the national average, and both of which see Wall Street banks as top employers of people with those degrees.

So you see how fucking wrong you are about shit? How your inherent bias ends up fucking your argument up? Do you see that? No. Because you're a coddled crybaby who demands accommodation of your bad faith.
    So your argument for a kid who wants to go into the business world is study psychology at Harvard over business at State U. You are free to that opinion. You had a fit and a melt down because you thought I was putting down your major instead of understanding the question of should one major in the field they want to go into. And you choose not to read the article posted which went along with my comments because you melted down and continue to do so. That's a personal issue.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

Earl (03-21-2019)

3. #107 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello CO,

Quote Originally Posted by Controlled Opposition View Post
    I believe that your recollection is faulty. Several people were interviewed. Some potential witnessed refused to talk to the FBI.
    Riiiight. Yes. A complete investigation of the allegations against Kav was conducted. And Republicans were fine with the results of one short Benghazi investigation, too.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. #108 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

How did an article on whether elite colleges return the desired result end up a discussion about Kavanaugh?

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

anonymoose (03-20-2019), Callinectes (03-21-2019), Earl (03-21-2019), Mott the Hoople (03-21-2019)

6. #109 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello TOP,

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    Well, she's not president... and Judge Kavanaugh‘ is a judge forever. So...*‘ Sometimes things just work out the way they should...
    ... not.

This is how things should not work out:

Our President is a racist, he is a conman, and he is a cheat.

And at least one of our SCOTUS Judges is a drunken rapist.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

7. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (03-21-2019)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

christiefan915 (03-21-2019)

9. #110 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello cawacko,

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    How did an article on whether elite colleges return the desired result end up a discussion about Kavanaugh?
    My bad.

I brought up that a drunken rapist on the SCOTUS came from Yale.

That completely displaced what I also said about all the very famous people who didn't even HAVE a college degree, much less one from an elite school. People such as Henry Ford, William Shakespeare, Winston Churchill, Thomas Edison, Abraham Lincoln, Albert Einstein, etc. I also pointed out that George Washington Carver DID get a college degree, but not from an elite school. He was accepted at one school, but when he presented himself he was rejected for being black. So he went to another school where he was allowed to enter.

10. #111 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 9,824 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    This is an outstanding and accurate insight.
    its what I do. lol.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Blackwater Lunchbreak For This Post:

Sailor (03-20-2019)

12. #112 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,628 Times in 16,561 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,435 Times in 1,357 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello TOP,

... not.

You're entitled to your opinion....

13. #113 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Democrats never let something inconvenient like the truth get in their way.

14. #114 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,313 Times in 53,224 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

No, I'm fine...kind of impossible for me to be a racist "moron", though
    I'll verify this. To be a moron you have to have an IQ higher than 19 but less than 59. Sadly, you don't qualify. Racist, though? All the way, every day, KKK!

15. #115 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 9,824 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

globalists dominate academia with their paid for lies. of course they want everyone exposed to it.

16. #116 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,733 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 707 Times in 647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    "ACCOMMODATE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

Fuck you and fuck your dependency on accommodation.

Here's what you said:

And I responded to that by saying Psych majors have an average income that is tracks the national average, and that one of the four top employers for Psych Majors was Bank of America.

So that information completely contradicts what was obviously a preconceived and prejudicial notion about the value and employability of certain majors.

Then you walked that shit back by saying it was a "metaphor" (how?) and any major would fit there like History or English, both of which have average incomes at or above the national average, and both of which see Wall Street banks as top employers of people with those degrees.

So you see how fucking wrong you are about shit? How your inherent bias ends up fucking your argument up? Do you see that? No. Because you're a coddled crybaby who demands accommodation of your bad faith.
    Standing Ovation!

17. #117 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,626 Times in 9,294 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

How leftwing of you
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

18. #118 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello TOP,

And so are you. I have held my opinion that Donald Trump is a racist, a conman, and a cheat since before the election, which is why I could not vote for him. I dug and learned all I could about him before the election of 2016. Michael Cohen simply voiced and confirmed what I already understood. I was not a fan of Trump. I did not watch 'The Apprentice.' I learned that he has been screwing people over his entire life. I felt he would not make a good President, and it appears I was correct. It is deplorable that he is supportive of white nationalism. It is deplorable that he stiffed so many hard working contractors, some of whom were devastated and forced out of business, their workers going unpaid. It is deplorable that he is such a misogynist and sicko, walking in on the teen age girls dressing room because he owned the pageant and there was nobody to stop him, boasting of how he could take unlimited liberties with women because 'when you're a big star they let you,' and it was deplorable that he has cheated on every wife he has ever had. I was truly saddened to learn that he has been able to fool so many people in this nation that he was able to barely get elected. My opinion is that this is a failure of our system, and I am waiting for it to correct itself either by bringing him to justice or in the ballot box in November next year.

Let me just guess. You watched 'The Apprentice,' and you have been a fan of his every since. Am I correct? f that's the case, I can understand. People also had a very hard time giving up their adoration for Bill Cosby, too.

19. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (03-21-2019)

20. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

christiefan915 (03-21-2019)

21. #119 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,654 Times in 17,915 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello TOP,

... not.

Prove your allegations against President Trump and the Supreme Court Justice.

22. #120 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,628 Times in 16,561 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,435 Times in 1,357 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello TOP,

And so are you. I have held my opinion that Donald Trump is a racist, a conman, and a cheat since before the election, which is why I could not vote for him. I dug and learned all I could about him before the election of 2016. Michael Cohen simply voiced and confirmed what I already understood. I was not a fan of Trump. I did not watch 'The Apprentice.' I learned that he has been screwing people over his entire life. I felt he would not make a good President, and it appears I was correct. It is deplorable that he is supportive of white nationalism. It is deplorable that he stiffed so many hard working contractors, some of whom were devastated and forced out of business, their workers going unpaid. It is deplorable that he is such a misogynist and sicko, walking in on the teen age girls dressing room because he owned the pageant and there was nobody to stop him, boasting of how he could take unlimited liberties with women because 'when you're a big star they let you,' and it was deplorable that he has cheated on every wife he has ever had. I was truly saddened to learn that he has been able to fool so many people in this nation that he was able to barely get elected. My opinion is that this is a failure of our system, and I am waiting for it to correct itself either by bringing him to justice or in the ballot box in November next year.

Let me just guess. You watched 'The Apprentice,' and you have been a fan of his every since. Am I correct? f that's the case, I can understand. People also had a very hard time giving up their adoration for Bill Cosby, too.
    You are still entitled to your opinion this morning You would be*guessing incorrectly, however and I didn't follow the Bill Cosby case.
    Today is World Down's Syndrome Day....go buy a couple of pairs of https://johnscrazysocks.com/?_ke=eyJ...SAAEgLXsfD_BwE
    You'll feel better Guaranteed