1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello cawacko,

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    While I appreciate the support I've made comments I regret and said things I wish I hadn't so I'm no better than most. However considering we generally don't see eye to eye politically I appreciate what you wrote.
    We've all said things we later wish we hadn't said. That's how we learn.

Kudos to you for actually being receptive to the lessons.

It seems not all lessons in life are taught at an elite school.

Some are learned the old fashioned way. By being a human, and approaching things with an open mind, willing to learn.

And, as I have shown, some whom have attended elite colleges, apparently have not learned some of the most basic lessons in the bigger education called life.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,647 Times in 16,577 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,435 Times in 1,357 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    What do you think of our newest SCOTUS?

He is accused of sexual assault.

'Kav' is a Yale man.

What the guy.

She feared for her life, afraid that he would accidentally suffocate her as he laughed in his drunkenness and covered her mouth to keep her quiet as he held her down against her will.

That's the sworn testimony.
    I guess it depends on who you believe... * "Chrissy" is a Stanford Med/Pepperdine etc. gal...whose "sworn testimony"? 'Just "stories"..pretty flimsy "stories", at that...

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,676 Times in 27,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    I graduated from LSU dental school and I can tell you for a fact where someone went for undergrad was meaningless .
    I also worked with a Harvard dental school grad and he was pretty worthless. Lazy. But he sure let everybody know where he went to dental school.
    But maybe I'm being too harsh.
    LSU is the top ranked dental school in the country.
    https://schools.studentdoctor.net/sc...ool-rankings/0
    I agree that on a case-by-case basis, and for certain specialties, garden variety public universities can blow the doors off Ivy League, Stanford, or MIT.

UC Davis arguably has the best vet school in the country. I am pretty sure the med school at UC Davis and UC San Francisco blow away most anything in the Ivy League.

As a general rule of thumb, I am speaking to my personal experience - which is that the research scientific elite are not generally coming from University of Utah, or Montana State - they are coming from elite private universities and elite top tier public research universities.

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,320 Times in 9,828 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

the bastions of faux elitism crumble as jesus institutes his hierarchy of the heart.

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

LV, for all your ranting and raving in this thread you never actually answered the question that set you off. If your goal is to work in the business world would you be better off being a psychology (pick any non business major if it makes you happy) major at a place like Harvard or studying business as a major at State U.

It goes to the premise of the article I posted which is why I asked the question. Does one necessarily have to attend an elite school.

If this discussion is too upsetting for you feel free not to respond.

(And USC has been in the top 25 for over a decade. It's an elite school. Fight On LV)

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

leaningright (03-21-2019), Mott the Hoople (03-21-2019), Sailor (03-20-2019)

7. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,490 Times in 7,581 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Montana State - they are coming from elite private universities and elite top tier public research universities.
    I'd go to Montana State for the location alone! Beautiful setting, Bozeman.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

Cypress (03-20-2019), Mott the Hoople (03-21-2019)

9. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,320 Times in 9,828 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

the fall of baseless elitism scares fraudsters.

10. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello TOP,

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    I guess it depends on who you believe... * "Chrissy" is a Stanford Med/Pepperdine etc. gal...whose "sworn testimony"? 'Just "stories"..pretty flimsy "stories", at that...
    IF the stories were so flimsy then why was the FBI prevented from conducting a thorough investigation?
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

christiefan915 (03-21-2019), Mason Melchizedek (03-20-2019)

12. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello TOP,

IF the stories were so flimsy then why was the FBI prevented from conducting a thorough investigation?
    What were they prevented from doing?
    If her stories weren't flimsy, wouldn't the outcome have been significantly different than it was?
    ‘I understand that you believe her. I don't. Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. (Doubt the degrees, or where they came from) of either one had much to do with it...unless you look at her research projects...then maybe‘

13. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello TOP,

If her stories weren't flimsy, wouldn't the outcome have been significantly different than it was?
    ‘I understand that you believe her. I don't. Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. (Doubt the degrees, or where they came from) of either one had much to do with it...unless you look at her research projects...then maybe‘
    Yeah, you do know there was more than one accuser. A thorough FBI investigation could not possibly have been conducted in the limited time allotted. Also, the FBI was prevented from even CONSIDERING investigating the stories of all but ONE accuser.

I personally found her testimony to be highly credible and authentic. Anyone who did not take her for her word was prejudiced. She had no reason to lie. He DID.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

christiefan915 (03-21-2019), Phantasmal (03-20-2019)

15. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello TOP,

Yeah, you do know there was more than one accuser. A thorough FBI investigation could not possibly have been conducted in the limited time allotted. Also, the FBI was prevented from even CONSIDERING investigating the stories of all but ONE accuser.

I personally found her testimony to be highly credible and authentic. Anyone who did not take her for her word was prejudiced. She had no reason to lie. He DID.
    There was nothing "credible" to investigate. *I'm sure you found her to be credible. I did not. She had plenty of opportunity to bring her story up before she did...but she did not.*You're welcome to believe "anyone who believed her was prejudiced". Many would agree with you. Many would not. Turns out the majority did not....

16. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,733 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 707 Times in 647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    No, you're a piece of shit because you draw false conclusions from bullshit Op-Eds, and then you appeal to the authority of the OP-Ed instead of defending your position on the matter and/or answering for why you do what you do here.

You're a phony.
    Not only that, he always claims the op ed is written by a "liberal" so when it agrees/disagrees with his same narrative he can say well I didn't write it a liberal did...…..he's full of it.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to TTQ64 For This Post:

LV426 (03-20-2019)

18. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,733 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 707 Times in 647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Once again, you are appealing to the authority of the Op-Ed while not defending the bad conclusions you've reached through preconceived notions and ignorance.

Literally the first sentences of your post were inaccurate, and had you done the research and/or put in the bare minimum effort, you would have come to a much different conclusion than the one you came to that preceded the Op-ED.

That is a bad habit of yours. You do that frequently.

You literally singled out Psychology and now you're trying to shift the goalposts.

Had you done the bare minimum research you would have come to a different conclusion than the one you came to. But your problem is that you have an inherent bias that has been informed by 40 years of Conservative propaganda and bullshit, that has so warped your twisted mind that you cannot differentiate between opinion and fact. Nor have you put in the effort to defend the bullshit you spew forth here on a daily basis, appealing to the authority of the OP-ED instead of defending the conclusions you drew from it.

You're a lightweight.

Did you check those majors in Payscale?

English Language Majors make an average of $56K a year, and guess which one of the top 4 employers of English majors is? You ready for this? BANK OF AMERICA.

History Majors make an average of $62K a year, and guess who two of the top 4 employers of History majors are? You ready for this? BANK OF AMERICA and JP MORGAN CHASE.

You have preconcieved notions that are completely wrong, and they're completely wrong because you substitute your bias for fact. You do that because you are lazy as fuck.
    LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO

19. The Following User Says Thank You to TTQ64 For This Post:

LV426 (03-20-2019)

20. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,440 Times in 2,013 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 611 Times in 582 Posts

You don't believe her because she has a vagina.
    Tie Your 'roo down Mate

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Mason Melchizedek For This Post:

PoliTalker (03-20-2019)

22. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,440 Times in 2,013 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 611 Times in 582 Posts

There was nothing "credible" to investigate. *I'm sure you found her to be credible. I did not. She had plenty of opportunity to bring her story up before she did...but she did not.*You're welcome to believe "anyone who believed her was prejudiced". Many would agree with you. Many would not. Turns out the majority did not....
    Majority of people use to believe the earth was flat.
    Tie Your 'roo down Mate