Members banned from this thread: Legion, Truth Detector, MAGA MAN, CFM and Getin the ring

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: New book exposes Jared and Ivanka as the clueless, entitled phonies they are.

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    I don't think they got much national scrutiny before trump ran. Once they entered the political sphere their lives became open books.
    more like fiction books

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 166 Times in 142 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Centerleftfl View Post
    You know I actually thought they had 'something'. Boy was I dumbass! I should've known.

PS REMEMBER, GIRLS MARRY THEIR FATHERS!
    Ivanka can't marry her father! She can suck his cock and take it up the arse - but she can't marry him.

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,005 Times in 8,032 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,672 Times in 1,550 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lisasanders1964 View Post
    Ivanka can't marry her father! She can suck his cock and take it up the arse - but she can't marry him.
    At least not until Trump changes the law and the Republicans follow along just to make him and his Trumptardian base happy.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Kushner is a life long Democrat. These are people dude
    It's obvious as hell that the two of them are, above all else, opportunists. When it was expedient for them to be Democrats, that's what they were. When it advanced their personal self interest, they became Republicans. I seriously doubt they were ever "real" Democrats who had any real ideological connection to the Democratic Party.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

PoliTalker (03-20-2019)

6. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    It's obvious as hell that the two of them are, above all else, opportunists. When it was expedient for them to be Democrats, that's what they were. When it advanced their personal self interest, they became Republicans. I seriously doubt they were ever "real" Democrats who had any real ideological connection to the Democratic Party.
    What I've read is he's a life long Democrat. Whether that means he rides and dies everyday with the party I don't know nor do I care. There are plenty of opportunists in the world. Not everyone places political parties at the top of their being.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

PoliTalker (03-20-2019)

8. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    What I've read is he's a life long Democrat. Whether that means he rides and dies everyday with the party I don't know nor do I care. There are plenty of opportunists in the world. Not everyone places political parties at the top of their being.
    Whatever.

All I know is that you seem to be trying to impugn all Democrats via his association with them, or turn the left's criticism of him around and point it back at us by saying in effect "...as bad as you say he is, he was one of you, so you all must be just as bad".

I'm just saying that I seriously doubt he was ever a real Democrat at heart.

Kind of like what you guys would call a "RINO", he was probably a "DINO".
    C'MON MAN!!!!

9. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,753 Times in 27,230 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,587 Times in 18,176 Posts
    Blog Entries

Who Do Jared and Ivanka Think They Are?

A new book probes the Kushner family’s secrets.

By Michelle Goldberg
    March 18, 2019

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/18/o...orruption.html

Many high achievers, particularly women and people of color, suffer from impostor syndrome, the fear that they don’t belong in the rarefied realm to which they’ve ascended and that they will soon be found out. Even Michelle Obama, who is, according to a Gallup poll conducted last year, the most admired woman in America, has said that she feels it. “I share that with you because we all have doubts in our abilities, about our power and what that power is,” she told students in London in December.

Well, maybe not*all*of us. I’ve just finished Vicky Ward’s “Kushner, Inc.,” a scintillating investigation of Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump’s White House sojourn, which comes out on Tuesday. It’s full of damning details: contempt for the entitled, venal couple may be the one thing that unites all of D.C.’s warring factions. Still, the first daughter and her husband remain psychologically mysterious, at least to me. Why don’t they have impostor syndrome, given that their total lack of qualifications for the jobs they are doing makes them actual impostors?

According to “Kushner, Inc.,” Gary Cohn, former director of the National Economic Council, has told people that Ivanka Trump thinks she could someday be president. “Her father’s reign in Washington, D.C., is, she believes, the beginning of a great American dynasty,” writes Ward. Kushner, whose pre-White House experience included owning a boutique newspaper and helming a catastrophically ill-timed real estate deal, has arrogated to himself substantial parts of American foreign policy. According to Ward, shortly after Rex Tillerson was confirmed as secretary of state, Kushner told him “to leave Mexico to him because he’d have Nafta wrapped up by October.”

As political actors, the couple are*living exemplars of the Dunning-Kruger effect, a psychological phenomenon which leads incompetent people to overestimate their ability because they can’t grasp how much they don’t know.

Partly, the Jared and Ivanka story is about the “reality distortion field” — a term one of Ward’s sources uses about Kushner — created by great family wealth. She quotes a member of Trump’s legal team saying that the two “have no idea how normal people perceive, understand, intuit.” Privilege, in them, has been raised to the level of near sociopathy.

Ward, the author of two previous books about the worlds of high finance and real estate, has known Kushner slightly for a long time; she told me that when he bought The New York Observer newspaper in 2006, he tried to hire her. She knocks down the idea that either he or his wife is a stabilizing force or moral compass in the Trump administration. Multiple White House sources told her they think it was Kushner who ordered the closing of White House visitor logs in April 2017, because he “didn’t want his frenetic networking exposed.” Ward reports that Cohn was stunned by their blasé reaction to Trump’s defense of the white-nationalist marchers in Charlottesville, Va.: “He was upset that they were not sufficiently upset.”

Still, even if you assume that the couple are amoral climbers, their behavior still doesn’t quite make sense. Ward writes that Ivanka’s chief concern is her personal brand, but that brand has been trashed. The book cites an October 2017 survey measuring consumer approval of more than 1,600 brands. Ivanka’s fashion line was in the bottom 10. A leading real estate developer tells Ward that Kushner, now caught up in multiple state and federal investigations, has become radioactive: “No one will want to do business with him.” (Kushner resigned as C.E.O. of Kushner Companies in 2017, but has kept most of his stake in the business.)

To truly make sense of their motivations, Ward told me, you have to understand the gravitational pull of their fathers. Husband and wife are both “really extraordinarily orientated and identified through their respective fathers in a way that most fully formed adults are not,” she said.

Among the most interesting parts of “Kushner, Inc.,” are the chapters about the business history of Charles Kushner, Jared’s felonious father, and his plan to restore his reputation, with Jared’s help, after getting out of prison in 2006. Part of that rehabilitation project was the purchase of a flagship building in Manhattan — 666 Fifth Avenue, an absurdly on-the-nose address — for which the family paid a record amount at the very height of the real estate market in 2007. When the Great Recession hit, the building became a white elephant, its debt threatening the family fortune.

Ward’s book suggests that the search for someone who would bail out 666 Fifth Avenue has played a significant role in American foreign policy during the Trump administration. And since the completion of her book, we’ve learned that Trump overrode intelligence officials, who were concerned about Kushner and his family’s ties to foreign investors, to give Kushner a security clearance.

In the end, the Kushner family seems to have gotten what it wanted. Last year, Brookfield Asset Management, which has substantial investment from the government of Qatar’s sovereign wealth fund, came to the Kushners’ rescue. (The Qataris have denied any advance knowledge of the deal.)

“You’ll notice that the U.S. position toward Qatar changes when the Qataris bail out 666 Fifth Avenue,” said Ward, adding, “We look like a banana republic.” Maybe that’s why Jared and Ivanka appear so blithely confident. As public servants, they’re obviously way out of their depth. But as self-dealing scions of a gaudy autocracy? They’re naturals.
    sociopathy is brain wiring or lack there of

there is likely an genetic component to it also

they were very likely born and raised to be sociopaths

them going to prison for a long time is likely the BEST thing that could happen to their children

10. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Whatever.

All I know is that you seem to be trying to impugn all Democrats via his association with them, or turn the left's criticism of him around and point it back at us by saying in effect "...as bad as you say he is, he was one of you, so you all must be just as bad".

I'm just saying that I seriously doubt he was ever a real Democrat at heart.

Kind of like what you guys would call a "RINO", he was probably a "DINO".
    I'm not impugning all Democrats because he's one. I'm pointing out the political irony of tribalism and the team concept.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

PoliTalker (03-20-2019)

12. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,151 Times in 33,855 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,083 Times in 4,699 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tinfoil View Post
    Liberals would treat me like a worm and then call me a racist
    Ohhh, poor victim.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

evince (03-20-2019)

14. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,151 Times in 33,855 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,083 Times in 4,699 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    I don't think they got much national scrutiny before trump ran. Once they entered the political sphere their lives became open books.
    I, personally, didn’t think about them at all, until Trump appointed them to “volunteers with security clearance”, status.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

evince (03-20-2019), PoliTalker (03-20-2019)

16. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,753 Times in 27,230 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,587 Times in 18,176 Posts
    Blog Entries

17. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kudzu View Post
    The Kushers would treat you like a worm.. Why would you defend them?
    Of course they would, they're fucking liberals. But that's beside the point.

We all know why you don't like the Kushners.
    Every life matters

18. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,320 Times in 9,828 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

The Kushers would treat you like a worm.. Why would you defend them?
    zionism

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Blackwater Lunchbreak For This Post:

kudzu (03-20-2019)

20. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,879 Times in 6,106 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 580 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    zionism
    Well, that would be idiotic and unAmerican.
    He who is the author of a war lets loose the whole contagion of hell and opens a vein that bleeds a nation to death. Thomas Paine

21. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,320 Times in 9,828 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Well, that would be idiotic and unAmerican.
    yes. quite.