Members banned from this thread: Legion, Truth Detector, MAGA MAN, CFM and Getin the ring

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: New book exposes Jared and Ivanka as the clueless, entitled phonies they are.

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Nomad,

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Whatever.

All I know is that you seem to be trying to impugn all Democrats via his association with them, or turn the left's criticism of him around and point it back at us by saying in effect "...as bad as you say he is, he was one of you, so you all must be just as bad".

I'm just saying that I seriously doubt he was ever a real Democrat at heart.

Kind of like what you guys would call a "RINO", he was probably a "DINO".
    I don't get that at all.

Are you putting Democrats on some kind of pedestal?
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Phantasmal,

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    I, personally, didn’t think about them at all, until Trump appointed them to “volunteers with security clearance”, status.
    Total nepotism.

If Trump hadn't done so much worse it would not be as overlooked as it currently is. Trump is a total nepotist. If he had a bigger family then more of his family would be on his team.

Smirk!

He probably has children he doesn't acknowledge, but if he did they would be on his team too.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Phantasmal (03-20-2019)

4. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello tinfoil,

Quote Originally Posted by tinfoil View Post
    LOL who said it caused me any grief? It was just pointing out how liberals like to call names. You followed up nicely. Don't forget to call me racist before the end of the thread.
    An example of an enabling taunt.

5. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Nomad,

I don't get that at all.

Are you putting Democrats on some kind of pedestal?
    the left is nit the same as the right

the facts are NOT automatically in the middle

that is the game the right plays to demean the facts

that the facts MUST be wrong because the left honors those facts

its you who are failing to accept the reality of where we are

6. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Nomad,

Name-calling is only a bad thing when it's the left doing it to the right.
    Wrong.

Name-calling is always counterproductive to abstract discussion and civil discourse.

It can be seen as waving the flag of surrender, as if admitting that the substance of what one says is too weak on it's own.

7. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Think if we had listened to the FAR LEFT about Nixon being a criminal sooner

Think if we had listened to the FAR LEFT about global warming sooner

Think if we had listened to the FAR LEFT about the Russian collusion sooner

Think if we had listened to the FAR LEFT about gay rights sooner

Think if we had listened to the FAR LEFT about racism and its effect sooner

and on and on

the left uses facts

the right tries to obscure those facts by demeaning the left

8. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Nomad,

Wrong.

Name-calling is always counterproductive to abstract discussion and civil discourse.

It can be seen as waving the flag of surrender, as if admitting that the substance of what one says is too weak on it's own.
    being nice only works if your opponent honors nice

9. The Following User Says Thank You to evince For This Post:

Nomad (03-20-2019)

10. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello evince,

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    the left is nit the same as the right

the facts are NOT automatically in the middle

that is the game the right plays to demean the facts

that the facts MUST be wrong because the left honors those facts

its you who are failing to accept the reality of where we are
    I believe I have a clearer understanding of our situation than do you.

Hatred clouds rational thinking.

You've presented a popular Liberal Myth, stating a stereotype about 'the right.'

It is your hatred which leads you to think this way.

I have a mixture of liberals and conservatives in my personal life as well as on my friends list here. (not to mention my ignore list.)

There are good people and bad people on both sides. Just because somebody has fallen for fake news or been taken in by propaganda does not make them bad. It means they made a mistake. Happens on both sides.

I can tell you from personal experience that because people are humans, they make mistakes. It is a big mistake to believe that just because people are aligned on political policy that they act the same way, or share the same morals. Huge mistake. Total stereotyping. It is as bad as racism. You make this mistake regularly. It has become a habit with you. It is still a mistake. There are good people on the left and on the right. There are also bad people on the left and on the right. The we/they theory is particularly hurtful to our nation.

The polarization of US politics benefits Russia. The more polarized we are, the more hatred we have for one another, the less functional we are. A dysfunctional USA works greatly to Putin's favor. He is then able to hold the USA up as an example of why his leadership is 'good for Russia,' when we all know he is a thug who rubs people out, is above the law.

You are correct that the left is not the same as the right. You are incorrect to believe that the left is all the good people and the right is all the bad people.

Yes, many on the right like to deny facts. Most of the time people who do that don't realize they are doing it. Conducting insult contests does nothing to change that. Calmly pointing out the truth is best. Don't expect people to change quickly. It might be that something you said lingers in somebody's mind and much later they are thinking about it and consider that you might have a point. They may never acknowledge this to you. Sometimes changes happen slowly. Nobody is going to ever privately and subsequently reconsider that you might have a good valid point if it was laced with emotionally vehement personal attacks. If vindictiveness is your style, then that is what people will remember about you later on, not anything you said. Political shifts are incremental and subtle.

Did you ever bite somebody's head off in a post and then have them come back and thank you for 'waking them up to the facts?' I'd be pretty surprised if that ever happened.

Sometimes you get more flies with honey.

11. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Here's some basic logic, evince.

We humans only have so many minutes and seconds to live. It's a finite number.

Every second that you spend flaming on the right is a second that you could have spent learning.

Thus, all the flaming detracts from your ability to know more. All those seconds spent expressing emotion are lost and unavailable for making you smarter.

Add 'em all up over your entire lifetime. That's a big chunk of time wasted.

12. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I will NOT GIVE RESPECT to people who don't respect me because I follow the truth

I REFUSE TO RESPECT PEOPLE WHO TREAT ME LIKE CRAP TO DEFEND LIES

here you are trashing people for embracing facts so you can point at both sides and pretend you are superior to all

The facts are not automatically in the middle

stop lying about that

13. The Following User Says Thank You to evince For This Post:

Nomad (03-20-2019)

14. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,904 Times in 7,964 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,669 Times in 1,547 Posts

No offense dude, but shut up, would ya?

Nobody asked for your life coaching or sanctimonious advice.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

evince (03-20-2019)

16. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Im soooooo tired of having the left be described as the same as the fox idiot on the right

they are not equivalent
    \

over and over the LEFT pans out to be correct

and the fox right wing ends up bathed in lies

I just don't trust people who claim to be Democratic voters who then deny that the Left always ends up being with the facts and predicting what the issues we need to pay attention to

the right ends up wrong

and the left thoughts end up being the mainstream beliefs

This Poli is why I distrusted you in the very begining

I have seen it happen before

how can you believe the rights crap about what the lefts record ends up being ?

the "far" left has been correct so many fricking times

why would you pretend that opposite of that fact?

17. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,555 Times in 17,085 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kudzu View Post
    The Kushers would treat you like a worm.. Why would you defend them?
    Because he is a worm?

18. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,555 Times in 17,085 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tinfoil View Post
    Your political party calls people names as a form of campaigning. It quite childish, yet you consider yourselves the moral victors. You are a party of childish narcissists. Why don't you fuck off? And don't forget to call me racist before the thread is over.
    No person in politics has called names an insulted like Trumpy. He calls high-level politicians and world leaders by childish and insulting names. Those names should embarrass you rightys, It doesn't. For some reason you guys love it, instead, you love it. Here are the names this childish fool used. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...y_Donald_Trump

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

christiefan915 (03-20-2019)

20. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Nomad,

No offense dude, but shut up, would ya?

Nobody asked for your life coaching or sanctimonious advice.
    No big. I had my say. I'm fine to let it percolate. Great thread. Jared and Ivanka would be very different people if it weren't for their pampered parents. They truly live in a bubble. The Trump Bubble. Plenty of money, but no way for any self respect.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Nomad (03-20-2019)