Members banned from this thread: Hermes Thoth, SmarterthanYou, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Granule, canceled.2021.1, Boris The Animal, canceled.2021.2, MAGA MAN, canceled.2021.3, iewitness, Irish, CFM, Ralph, Wolverine, Sailor, Life is Golden, Bigdog, TTQ64, Getin the ring, zymurgy, Evmetro, Superfreak, CharacterAssassin, PraiseKek, Eagle_Eye, katzgar, Joe Capitalist, countryboy, Tommatthews, volsrock, The Ugly Truth, BodyDouble, coolzone, rhym3pays, LV426, Loving91390, Yurt, Into the Night, Tkaffen, Enlightened One, Anarchon, artichoke, Bobb, Earl and lisasanders1964

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: W. Bush: Immigration Is A Blessing, A Strength; Immigrant History Made Us Who We Are.

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Darth,

Training to do any job which requires training. What. You think existing citizens were born trained? It doesn't matter where somebody comes from. If they can be trained and do a good job then they should be able to contribute to our economy and pay taxes.

Do you believe the number of jobs is a zero-sum game? So nobody can come here and become an entrepreneur, start a business, create jobs? I must have missed the rule that says only American citizens can do that.
    Only citizens and legal immigrants can do that.

And nobody is preventing them.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Beto Omar View Post
    Only citizens and legal immigrants can do that.

And nobody is preventing them.
    I disagree.

I bet there are illegal immigrants who have created jobs in the USA.

Oops! Lookie here. I found something that supports what I say:

"Here’s the deal: U.S. immigration law (which is federal, meaning it’s followed throughout the country), does not say anywhere that an undocumented immigrant is barred from owning a business. The law makes being in the U.S. without permission unlawful by itself, of course; this act is punishable by deportation and various bars on return to the U.S. after removal or other departure. But there have been cases where an undocumented person was caught in the U.S. and business ownership was actually viewed as a point in their favor when defending against deportation."

Is It Illegal for an Undocumented Immigrant to Start a U.S. Business?

I gotta tell ya. This 'being open-minded' thing really leads to a lot of interesting learning.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Phantasmal (03-20-2019)

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Phantasmal,

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    A lot of small businesses are started or owned by immigrants

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.for...searchers/amp/
    Thanks!

Great article:

"Based on the data they analyzed, Kerr and Kerr estimated new immigrant-owned firms generated 3 million to 4 million jobs, a figure that increases to 4 million to 5 million including second-generation immigrant family entrepreneurs."
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Phantasmal (03-20-2019)

6. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,769 Times in 33,632 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

I disagree.

"Here’s the deal: U.S. immigration law (which is federal, meaning it’s followed throughout the country), does not say anywhere that an undocumented immigrant is barred from owning a business. The law makes being in the U.S. without permission unlawful by itself, of course; this act is punishable by deportation and various bars on return to the U.S. after removal or other departure. But there have been cases where an undocumented person was caught in the U.S. and business ownership was actually viewed as a point in their favor when defending against deportation."

I gotta tell ya. This 'being open-minded' thing really leads to a lot of interesting learning.
    It reminds me of the woman who voted for Trump whose undocumented husband owned a restaurant, she was horrified when they arrested her husband and deported him. The poor woman thought Trump was only going to get rid of the murderers and rapists, not her business owning husband. Ooops

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Cypress (03-20-2019), PoliTalker (03-20-2019)

8. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post
    Legal immigration is exactly that. Illegal immigration is a crime.
    So is the numerious crimes Donny has commited,
    ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

9. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

This is the final speech Reagan gave as President. It's been titled A Love Letter To Immigrants. This one moves me.

I know in certain political circles today there's a desire to limit even legal immigration. To each his own but I don't agree. I think Reagan hits beautifully on what immigrants do for America.

Like Reagan said you can go to Japan but you can't become Japanese. You can go to France but you can't become a Frenchman. Only in America can one come here and become an American.

https://nowthisnews.com/videos/polit...for-immigrants

10. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Phantasmal,

It reminds me of the woman who voted for Trump whose undocumented husband owned a restaurant, she was horrified when they arrested her husband and deported him. The poor woman thought Trump was only going to get rid of the murderers and rapists, not her business owning husband. Ooops
    Wow. So Trump deported a job-creator. I thought he was 'bringing jobs back,' not sending them AWAY!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Phantasmal (03-20-2019)

12. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    This is the final speech Reagan gave as President. It's been titled A Love Letter To Immigrants. This one moves me.

I know in certain (conservative) political circles today there's a desire to limit even legal immigration. To each his own but I don't agree. I think Reagan hits beautifully on what immigrants do for America.

Like Reagan said you can go to Japan but you can't become Japanese. You can go to France but you can't become a Frenchman. Only in America can one come here and become an American.

and yet you vote for traitors like Trump every chance you get

13. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    and yet you vote for traitors like Trump every chance you get
    Good afternoon Batman. I appreciate the continued attention you bestow upon yours truly.

14. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

Good afternoon Batman. I appreciate the continued attention you bestow upon yours truly.

what did Reagan have to say about the Russians asshole?

15. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Hello Darth,

I disagree.

An interesting ‘open minded’ stat would be how many illegal immigrants start a business vs those that are charged with crimes?
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

16. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

sure. ICE just deported him for no reason whatsoever. That's what they do round 'em up like Nazis

17. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,287 Times in 27,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    what did Reagan have to say about the Russians asshole?
    He called Russians an evil empire.

Fans of Bedtime for Bonzo can attempt to word-smith Raygun, to assert he was merely talking about Soviet leadership.

But in the real world, the implication was that everything associated with Russia was unholy, sinister, nefarious. In almost every case, conservatives and even a lot of Democrats attempted to paint the very notion of Russia, the essence of Russia, in the worst light possible. If there was a Russian character in a 1980s Hollywood movie, who was he? Ivan Drago, terrifying commie opponent of the all-American Rocky - at best. The murderous war criminals of Red Dawn at worst. And if you had a Russian name, were a Russian immigrant, there was a real chance you would be called a commie to your face.

18. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello cawacko,

I know in certain political circles today there's a desire to limit even legal immigration. To each his own but I don't agree. I think Reagan hits beautifully on what immigrants do for America.

President Ronald Reagan: "This, I believe, is one of the most important sources of America's GREATNESS. [immigration]"

President Ronald Reagan: "Anyone, from any corner of the Earth, can come to America and become an American."

Well, sorry, President Reagan. Not anymore. Not since we got a bully xenophobic President. Nobody from Muslim nations can come here. At least: "until we can figure out what the hell is going on."

I wonder how that figuring is coming along?

Looks to me like nobody in this administration is even TRYING to "figure out what the hell is going on." Looks to me like this policy is permanent - until we get rid of Trump.

19. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Beto Omar View Post
    An interesting ‘open minded’ stat would be how many illegal immigrants start a business vs those that are charged with crimes?
    Crimes such as being in the USA without documentation?