Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Truump is SUCH a class act, still bashing a dead man 7 mos after his death

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,090 Times in 25,663 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Life is Golden View Post
    Oh please, the problem you have with Trump is that he WON. You and your ilk began "protesting" and screaming impeach on Nov 8, 2016.

McCain and his family put themselves out there in the political fray and aren't immune from criticism. Sorry, that's how life works. So save your crocodile tears, you don't give a damn.
    I never once called for impeaching trump so that's a lie. In fact I said impeaching him would make him a martyr for cons to exploit.

Keep telling yourself that my problem is solely that trump won. Of course I wanted a Dem to win, I'm a Dem. But I don't believe that any other of the repub candidates had the character flaws, lack of intelligence, arrogance and narcissism of trump. At least with the others my main issues would have been policy, not personality.

McCain's dead and his family is in private, not political life. They don't deserve being subjected to trump's anger because they did nothing to cause it. I'm not crying crocodile tears because I'm not sad, I'm angry. Angry that the President of the U.S. has so much hatred and so little self-control that he has to spew his vitriol over and over, seven months after the target of it died.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

2. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

rjhenn (03-21-2019)

3. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,959 Times in 6,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 483 Times in 453 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    I never once called for impeaching trump so that's a lie. In fact I said impeaching him would make him a martyr for cons to exploit.

Keep telling yourself that my problem is solely that trump won. Of course I wanted a Dem to win, I'm a Dem. But I don't believe that any other of the repub candidates had the character flaws, lack of intelligence, arrogance and narcissism of trump. At least with the others my main issues would have been policy, not personality.

McCain's dead and his family is in private, not political life. They don't deserve being subjected to trump's anger because they did nothing to cause it. I'm not crying crocodile tears because I'm not sad, I'm angry. Angry that the President of the U.S. has so much hatred and so little self-control that he has to spew his vitriol over and over, seven months after the target of it died.
    No, let's get real here. You would have preferred a mealy-mouthed, spineless coward who would let the left and media shit all over him and never say a word.

Kinda like "W" who never found the balls to stand up for himself, let alone anything he believed in.

Calling Trump "dumb" is laughable -- anyone who can make billions of dollars is far from dumb.

Hatred? If 8 years of Obama wasn't the epitome of hatred, I don't know what is. He was a hateful divisive person who led by pitting one American against another and treating terror groups like BLM to steak dinners in the WH.

I can't wait for Trump's re-election.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Life is Golden For This Post:

Earl (03-21-2019)

5. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    But Ronny Raygun is a positive nickname. It's not meant to be an insult. And giving him a nickname is hardly an obsession.

The reason Trump is still jealous of that is because McCain had the balls to go to war and is seen as a war hero. I'm sure you've noticed, Trump desperately wants to be seen as alpha, but is totally beta. When people like McCain don't like him, it hurts him deeply, because he sees it as an alpha looking down on him for being beta.
    Not when those using it say disparaging things about Reagan.

You've been shown McCain's legacy. It included being shot down early. Hardly a war hero when you're locked up by the enemy because of your weak flying skills.

6. #79 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,510 Times in 16,973 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

No, let's get real here. You would have preferred a mealy-mouthed, spineless coward who would let the left and media shit all over him and never say a word.

Kinda like "W" who never found the balls to stand up for himself, let alone anything he believed in.

Calling Trump "dumb" is laughable -- anyone who can make billions of dollars is far from dumb.

Hatred? If 8 years of Obama wasn't the epitome of hatred, I don't know what is. He was a hateful divisive person who led by pitting one American against another and treating terror groups like BLM to steak dinners in the WH.

I can't wait for Trump's re-election.
    "W" didn't let the bad publicity and insults bother him. I don't think not acknowledging the left's animosity was from a lack of "balls," he just left them alone.

Obama's presidency rekindled the racial divide, not so much by himself, but the left's using racism as an excuse for those of us who disagreed with his policies.

Trump has balls, but they're overinflated. He shouldn't respond to every stupid accusation by the media and the hateful left, nothing pisses off stupid people screaming their antagonism more than ignoring them.
    He should just shut up and respond only to policy matters (although it is kinda funny how he keeps the left in a constant uproar). Responding to every insult only provokes more.

It's no secret he and McCain didn't agree on matters. Now that McCain's dead, he should let him rest in peace and keep his mouth shut.

But yeah, I can see his reelection driving the left berserk. I may transfer some of my mutual funds to play-doh, hot chocolate, coloring book and comforter stocks. It's a win/win.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

Earl (03-21-2019), TOP (03-21-2019)

8. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    Not when those using it say disparaging things about Reagan.
    Name some mainstream Democrats who regularly attack Reagan's character. Not his politics, but him as a person.

You've been shown McCain's legacy. It included being shot down early. Hardly a war hero when you're locked up by the enemy because of your weak flying skills.
    But he's still seen by the general public as being a war hero. That's what drives Trump crazy. And McCain had the balls to go to war, while Trump lied about his feet hurting to get out of it. Trump wants to be alpha, but he felt disrespected by McCain, and that forced him to think about how he's really beta.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to StoneByStone For This Post:

rjhenn (03-21-2019)

10. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,417 Times in 16,406 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,433 Times in 1,355 Posts
    Blog Entries

It's terrible for anyone to have so much hatred and little self control that all they can do is spew vitriol and personally attack others...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to TOP For This Post:

rjhenn (03-21-2019)

12. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    Name some mainstream Democrats who regularly attack Reagan's character. Not his politics, but him as a person.

But he's still seen by the general public as being a war hero. That's what drives Trump crazy. And McCain had the balls to go to war, while Trump lied about his feet hurting to get out of it. Trump wants to be alpha, but he felt disrespected by McCain, and that forced him to think about how he's really beta.
    Mainstream? Nice try at giving yourself an out, boy.

60 million thought Obama being black meant he was qualified. So much for your general public claim.

Apparently McCain had the lack of skills to get shot down so quickly.

13. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,959 Times in 6,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 483 Times in 453 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    "W" didn't let the bad publicity and insults bother him. I don't think not acknowledging the left's animosity was from a lack of "balls," he just left them alone.

Obama's presidency rekindled the racial divide, not so much by himself, but the left's using racism as an excuse for those of us who disagreed with his policies.

Trump has balls, but they're overinflated. He shouldn't respond to every stupid accusation by the media and the hateful left, nothing pisses off stupid people screaming their antagonism more than ignoring them.
    He should just shut up and respond only to policy matters (although it is kinda funny how he keeps the left in a constant uproar). Responding to every insult only provokes more.

It's no secret he and McCain didn't agree on matters. Now that McCain's dead, he should let him rest in peace and keep his mouth shut.

But yeah, I can see his reelection driving the left berserk. I may transfer some of my mutual funds to play-doh, hot chocolate, coloring book and comforter stocks. It's a win/win.
    I was a fan of W, but after Trump I realized how he NEVER stood up for himself. And they pissed and shit on him daily. I have to wonder how can anyone just sit back and take that?

He doesn't need to comment on everything that happens but that's who he is. Honestly, I really don't give a damn what he says about McCain. After that pathetic political circus of a funeral, I say anything goes.

And Obama was the engineer of the hate. He made everything about race and DUH RICH and the day he left was one glorious day for this country.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Life is Golden For This Post:

dukkha (03-21-2019), Earl (03-21-2019)

15. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    Mainstream? Nice try at giving yourself an out, boy.
    Well you could make up any name if it's not a mainstream person. If it is a mainstream person, at least I can look it up and see if you're right. Besides, you said Democrats do this all the time. So why can't you list a few mainstream Democrats who obsess over Reagen on a personal level?

60 million thought Obama being black meant he was qualified. So much for your general public claim.
    I didn't say I agreed with the general public. I said the view of the general public matters to Trump.

16. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reagansghost For This Post:

christiefan915 (03-21-2019), evince (03-21-2019)

18. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

19. The Following User Says Thank You to evince For This Post:

reagansghost (03-21-2019)

20. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

I was a fan of W, but after Trump I realized how he NEVER stood up for himself. And they pissed and shit on him daily. I have to wonder how can anyone just sit back and take that?

He doesn't need to comment on everything that happens but that's who he is. Honestly, I really don't give a damn what he says about McCain. After that pathetic political circus of a funeral, I say anything goes.

And Obama was the engineer of the hate. He made everything about race and DUH RICH and the day he left was one glorious day for this country.
    because you looked at him and saw nothing but race

because you are a fucking racist

the world hates you more than anyone you fucking shit slime racist fuck

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to evince For This Post:

reagansghost (03-21-2019), rjhenn (03-21-2019)

22. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,511 Times in 4,834 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,798 Times in 1,605 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    McCain

he can't resist trashing someone, anyone, who doesn't toe his line

this as his one-time McCain loving base (in 2008 election vs Obama), absolutely adored the guy

the asshole's base is off the charts wack

The man is VILE! Hillary was being KIND when she used 'deplorables' for his base!

WK1 3/28-/4 _Cases 301k--Dead 18.1k Lethality 2.72%
    WK2 4/5-/13 _Cases 555k--Dead 22.1K Lethality 3.9%
    WK3 4/20-/21 Cases 774k -Dead 37.2K Lethality 4.8%
    WK4 4/22-/29 Cases 1M --Dead 58.8K Lethality 5.9%
    WK5 5/1-/8__ Cases 1.3M -Dead 75.7K Lethality 6.1%
    WK6 5/9-16__Cases 1.4M --Dead 85.8K Lethality 6.1%
    WK7 5/17-24_Cases 1.7M - Dead 97.6K Lethality 5.9%
    WK8 5/28 Cases 1.7M - DEAD 101.2K - Same

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Centerleftfl For This Post:

reagansghost (03-21-2019)

24. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,128 Times in 9,658 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 503 Times in 476 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    If anybody ever told Trump it's no use beating a dead horse, he didn't listen.

He thinks gold and glass give him class.

President Trump doesn't know the meaning of the word.

He wouldn't know class if it was sprinkled on him in a Russian hotel room.
    so does this mean you'll stfu about fake racism and sexism? that's your "dead horse".

25. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Al Franken's response to Trump's comments on McCain

Pretty much everyone agrees that right after someone dies, it’s very bad form to say something bad about them. That’s why it’s admirable that Donald Trump waited a full seven months to say horrible things about John McCain.

First of all, and I know most Americans feel this way, it’s a disgrace that McCain allowed his plane to get shot down, broke both his arms and a leg ejecting from the plane, and then was beaten and bayonetted by North Vietnamese before being dragged to a POW camp, where he was starved and tortured for five-and-a-half years. As far as Trump is concerned, McCain sat out the war.

Yes, it’s seems heroic that after his father was named commander of U.S. forces in the Pacific, McCain refused his captors’ offer of early release. McCain claimed he refused because the early release of the admiral’s son would be a huge propaganda victory for Hanoi and demoralize his fellow American POWs. But how do we really know that? Other than that’s what all the other POW’s who were there with him say, and also that there seems to be no other explanation?

Why in God’s name is Donald Trump so obsessed with John McCain that he feels the need to attack him even when he’s dead? I mean other than that John McCain is kind of a perfect example of everything Trump is not?

I usually don’t like bullet points, but here goes.
    - Endured tremendous pain for his country vs. venereal disease was his personal Vietnam*
    - Told a nut that Obama wasn’t a Muslim vs. Told every nut that Obama was a Muslim
    - Graduated last in his class at the Naval Academy vs. Probably graduated last in his class at Penn, but we’ll never know because Trump goon Matty Calamari visited the registrar. “Nice university you got here. Be a shame to see whoever keeps the records get roughed up. Capiche?”
    - Hated tyrants vs. Loves, loves, loves tyrants!
    - Tortured vs. Tortured
    - Student of foreign affairs vs. Affairs
    - Laughed a lot vs. Is “The Man Who Never Laughed”

I have never seen Donald Trump laugh. Have you? In fact, I think that would make a good children’s book. In the story, Ivanka would offer a prize to any American who could make her father, the President, laugh. The prize would be the most valuable Trump property the family owns! (The Trumps would double its value on paper, take a huge write-off, sticking the winner with an enormous tax bill.) Americans would line up outside the White House during executive time – comedians, mimes. magicians, storytellers, contortionists, acrobats, jugglers, impressionists – but no one could get the President to laugh. I even got an illustrator for the book. I can’t think of an ending.

Humor was another great thing about John McCain. He loved to laugh. A few years ago, John and I were asked to tape an opening before a Vikings-Cardinals game for Thursday Night Football. They put us in a Face the Nation set with former host, Bob Schieffer, interviewing us. John was fine with the script, but I wasn’t and started rewriting. John saw me scribbling away and said, “Hey, do I get to see it?”

I finished up and ran it over to him. He read it, chuckled, and gave me the thumbs up. We started with the usual generous collegial niceties, “Well, I disagree with my good friend about the Vikings running game…” and “John and I are very good friends, but Arizona’s secondary...” “My very good friend” turned into “my very dear friend” which became “my very close dear friend” which became “my extremely close dear friend” and then to me saying, “Yes. John and I are extremely close dear, dear friends. In fact, our families vacation together.”

Schieffer gave us an astonished look. “Your families vacation together?!”

“That’s right,” John deadpanned to Bob, then turned to me slightly miffed, “You know it wouldn’t hurt for you to pick up a check every once in a while!”

John and I shared a somewhat dark sense of humor. After he was diagnosed with brain cancer, John continued to come back and forth between DC and Arizona. When I thought it might his last time in DC, I went up to John and said, “Say, John, I thought I’d send you a ‘Bad News – Good News’ joke every week or so.”

He laughed and said he’d look forward to that.

A week or so later, Ron Johnson of Wisconsin speculated on a radio show that McCain had given his famous thumbs down on the Republican health care bill because he was confused from his brain cancer. I wrote John: “The bad news is that you have brain cancer. The good news is that Ron Johnson’s butt cancer has moved to his mouth.”

Every once in a while, I’d switch things up and send John a ‘Good News – Bad News’ joke. His favorite was: “The good news is that your mother is 105 and sharp as a tack. The bad news is that you have brain cancer.”

Fortunately, John came back to DC one more time. When he saw me in the well on the Senate floor, he grinned and put his arm around me, announcing to the Senators around us, “This man earned every dollar he ever got. At Saturday Night Live!”

Maybe that’s why Trump also attacked Saturday Night Live this week. Maybe he has a point. Sure, the show has made fun of every president since Nixon. But the only one SNL actually treated with complete contempt has been Donald Trump.

And Nixon.