Members banned from this thread: evince

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: When DEMOCRATS call for higher taxes, who do they want to pay them?

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    If you like compassion, then clearly logic won't change your mind. But if universal basic income and universal health care are good for the economy, if they benefit everyone including the rich, why shouldn't we have them?
    I don't have compassion for people unwilling to do for themselves what they should be doing for themselves. It's not the government's place, by taxing someone else, to provide for people unwilling to do even the basic things in life for themselves.

Universal basic income and healthcare don't benefit everyone. Those that end up doing the paying for those unwilling to provide for themselves don't get back to the level they are required to put in. We'd be better off without them so the honorable people can move on and not constantly have beggars nipping at their ankles.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,040 Times in 13,848 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    If you don't have skills to earn a basic income, you should work on your skills. If you aren't willing to provide yourself healthcare, you should get sick and suffer.
    Or, flood ER rooms driving up hospital and health care costs that we wind up paying for in increased insurance costs

And I guess the Judeo-Christian principles the Nation is supposedly based upon are now thrown out the window

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,520 Times in 5,217 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,477 Times in 2,299 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Not true, the Blue States are already paying for a lot of Red States, all Trump did was increase their contributions, that is what they complaining about

And to even think Trump taxed the rich is inane, as he told his buddies in Florida, "I just made you guys a lot of money"
    So poor people are paying $19,000 a year in property taxes?

Sorry we aren’t subsidizing the blue states anymore. Many didn’t know that was going on

Tell the blue states to lower their taxes.

Trump really fucked the blue states by eliminating SALT. I fucking love it beeeyotch

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I don't have compassion for people unwilling to do for themselves what they should be doing for themselves. It's not the government's place, by taxing someone else, to provide for people unwilling to do even the basic things in life for themselves.

Universal basic income and healthcare don't benefit everyone. Those that end up doing the paying for those unwilling to provide for themselves don't get back to the level they are required to put in. We'd be better off without them so the honorable people can move on and not constantly have beggars nipping at their ankles.
    "the honorable people?"

Now are all these flood insurance subsidies Americans pay for Florida and such be eliminated also? Should the mortgage interest deduction enjoyed by Americans with property, especially people with vacation and seasonal homes, be eliminated? Do you think that Corporations, who the Roberts Court implied were people, pay the same income tax the average American people pay? How about farmers, many of them corporate farmers, getting subsides to grow or not grow certain crops? Etc., etc., etc.

The Gov't taxes a lot of people to provide services for others who can pay for those services on their own, now, are the people receiving such "honorable people?"

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by I Love America View Post
    So poor people are paying $19,000 a year in property taxes?

Sorry we aren’t subsidizing the blue states anymore. Many didn’t know that was going on

Tell the blue states to lower their taxes.

Trump really fucked the blue states by eliminating SALT. I fucking love it beeeyotch
    You never subsidized the Blue States, just the opposite, many Red States, usually the most conservative, can't keep their States afloat without the tax money coming in from the Blue States, fact

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...leaning-state/
    https://wallethub.com/edu/states-mos...vernment/2700/
    https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...ate-piggy-bank

Always interesting when conservatives criticize taxes while they feed on the Gov't tit that others pay for in tax

6. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You never subsidized the Blue States, just the opposite, many Red States, usually the most conservative, can't keep their States afloat without the tax money coming in from the Blue States, fact

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...leaning-state/
    https://wallethub.com/edu/states-mos...vernment/2700/
    https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...ate-piggy-bank

Always interesting when conservatives criticize taxes while they feed on the Gov't tit that others pay for in tax
    Nope. SALT taxes allowed blue states to pass their high tax burden off onto the rest of the country.

Very slick scam. Trump stopped it

I always wondered why leftists in those states didn’t scream about high property and state income taxes and this is why. They paid the state and then wrote it off on their federal returns. The blue states were fucking the rest of the country on that deal. Now it ends. Fuck you if you don’t like it. Eat shit. Pay your state taxes. You wanted them.

7. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by I Love America View Post
    Nope. SALT taxes allowed blue states to pass their high tax burden off onto the rest of the country.

Very slick scam. Trump stopped it

I always wondered why leftists in those states didn’t scream about high property and state income taxes and this is why. They paid the state and then wrote it off on their federal returns. The blue states were fucking the rest of the country on that deal. Now it ends. Fuck you if you don’t like it. Eat shit. Pay your state taxes. You wanted them.
    Third time, wrong, even delivered sources proving you are 100% wrong, the Blue States subsidies Red States, before and after Trump's hand out to the rich, actually, now the Red States will get even more, as I said, living off the Gov't tit paid for by Blue States

8. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

Which is why I would agree that people who can work, but refuse to, should not be allowed to use social programs such as free health care. But what about working-class people who do have jobs, but are still struggling? What about people who can't work due to health issues?

UBI and social programs benefit everyone for two reasons. First, they decentralized money, which is good for the economy. Secondly, they give opportunity to people living in poverty, who otherwise wouldn't have realistic opportunity. The rich benefit from this because they get to enjoy the benefits of what the working-class people grow up to produce.

9. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Third time, wrong, even delivered sources proving you are 100% wrong, the Blue States subsidies Red States, before and after Trump's hand out to the rich, actually, now the Red States will get even more, as I said, living off the Gov't tit paid for by Blue States
    You don’t know what you are talking about. Which is not unusual for you

But really it is irrelevant. Pay your taxes and suck it

BTW where is the democrat legislation to reinstate those tax loopholes?

10. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

I think in addition to having low taxes for the working-class, we should have universal basic income and social programs like free health care.
    Trump lowering taxes (for everyone, not just the working-class) but not doing much else, is doing the bare minimum and then using that as an excuse to not do more.
    well, since this thread is about taxes I'm going to ignore the rest....

11. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Third time, wrong, even delivered sources proving you are 100% wrong
    nobody believes that propaganda......

12. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Or, flood ER rooms driving up hospital and health care costs that we wind up paying for in increased insurance costs

And I guess the Judeo-Christian principles the Nation is supposedly based upon are now thrown out the window
    Nothing in those principles that say anything about forcing one group willing to do for themselves to pay for those unwilling to do so.

13. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Which is why I would agree that people who can work, but refuse to, should not be allowed to use social programs such as free health care. But what about working-class people who do have jobs, but are still struggling? What about people who can't work due to health issues?

UBI and social programs benefit everyone for two reasons. First, they decentralized money, which is good for the economy. Secondly, they give opportunity to people living in poverty, who otherwise wouldn't have realistic opportunity. The rich benefit from this because they get to enjoy the benefits of what the working-class people grow up to produce.
    What about you and the rest of the bleeding hearts look at them as an opportunity to prove you have as much compassion as you claim you have?

Beggars being beggars don't help anyone. Beggars, even if they get something, don't help. They're still beggars through and through.

14. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

"the honorable people?"

Now are all these flood insurance subsidies Americans pay for Florida and such be eliminated also? Should the mortgage interest deduction enjoyed by Americans with property, especially people with vacation and seasonal homes, be eliminated? Do you think that Corporations, who the Roberts Court implied were people, pay the same income tax the average American people pay? How about farmers, many of them corporate farmers, getting subsides to grow or not grow certain crops? Etc., etc., etc.

The Gov't taxes a lot of people to provide services for others who can pay for those services on their own, now, are the people receiving such "honorable people?"
    You've proven you're not honorable, boy. For many reasons.

15. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

What about you and the rest of the bleeding hearts look at them as an opportunity to prove you have as much compassion as you claim you have?
    Well I'm obviously not doing that if I'm saying that people who refuse to work shouldn't be allowed to use social programs.

Beggars being beggars don't help anyone. Beggars, even if they get something, don't help. They're still beggars through and through.
    But we're not talking about beggars. We're talking about disadvantaged people being helped so that they have more opportunities, like people born into better circumstances had.