Members banned from this thread: cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, canceled.2021.1, Darth Omar, Bigdog and anonymoose

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Inevitablesea level rise as Antarctica warms

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,011 Times in 3,467 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 494 Times in 452 Posts
    Blog Entries

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Adolf_Twitler,

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf_Twitler View Post
    Some people have reasonable concerns about making as money as they can in their lifetime.

While other's reasonable concerns may be for the survival of man and the environment that their children and grandchildren will inherit!

Tell us which one is more important to you!
    I have all the money I need. My concern is definitely for the survival of humanity and the chance that others can love their life as much as I love mine!

I figured out a long time ago that happiness and wealth are two completely different things. It doesn't matter how much wealth one accrues, there will always be somebody else with more. Except for, of course, the one richest man on the planet. Now, I refuse to believe that only one person on planet Earth can be happy. So happiness and wealth are NOT co-dependent. The fact is, once a comfortable lifestyle is afforded, plus a bit of discretionary spending ability, one is as happy as they are going to be. More money above that level does not result in more happiness. It could very well result in more stress! You can't have a frustrating time with a gardener who doesn't do what you want if you do all your own gardening!

The only money that results in happiness is the basic funds that prevent suffering, the basic part of a budget which covers shelter, clothing, food, electricity, communication, transportation, etc. This amount of money creates a place for happiness because it removes worry over getting by. Everything above that is gravy!

It doesn't matter what kind of car you have. Sure, a nice car is nicer than a plain one. And that might make you happy when you get it. But after you are used to it and it's just another day in your car, when you're stuck in traffic and you can't go anywhere that car doesn't make that any less frustrating. You can't go, they guy in the less expensive car can't go either. You're both stuck. You're both wishing you could just get going.

And you might feel special in a hundred thousand dollar car - until a three hundred thousand dollar car pulls up next to you.

Anybody who has it good, and is chasing more and more profits is wasting their life on a foolish endeavor. They are addicted to making money just like a drug abuser is addicted to using.

The secret of life is not getting richer. It is enjoying the passage of time.

Once you realize that, you are free from the mental chains of endless wealth acquisition that hold you back from enjoying life. I mean, what's the point of making all that money if you're not going to go out and enjoy it?

Christmas for a kid is all about what gifts you get. Christmas for an adult is about the giving and making someone happy to receive something you got for them.

People obsessed with what they GET are like kids. People who are concerned with what other people get are the adults in our society.

I have all I need. My concern is definitely for the survival of humanity and the chance that others can love their life as much as I love mine!
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,219 Times in 3,171 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 239 Times in 227 Posts

https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...global+warming

Funny, looks like similar conversations we are having today. Do note how many times Cypress ran away from answering questions back then. Just as he does today, he appeals to authority, tells us the government can do no wrong, that we should just trust his masters... because his masters are the bestest masters ever. They even let him stalk women.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Superfreak For This Post:

Truth Detector (03-19-2019)

5. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello tinfoil,

Quote Originally Posted by tinfoil View Post
    Yes they did. they said the sun wasn't making a difference. they said the oceans weren't making a difference and that humans were responsible for all the changes and the scientists had already thought about every factor and incorporated them into the models and the science was settled.

Then the pause happened and they were forced accept that natural variation played a bigger role than nothing. LOL
    That sounds like something people on the right made up and claimed the left said. That happens all the time. It is a part of stereotyping.

Your claim could easily be verified if only you could show evidence that somebody actually said that.

Don't bother linking conservative slanted sources that say: "What the left is saying is ..." That's like code for: "We are making this up, but if you'll believe it we'd really like to also show you an advertisement."
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

6. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (03-19-2019)

7. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello tinfoil,

link: ""This is not a partisan issue, this is a moral issue," Gore said. "And our children are going to be demanding this.""

Climate strike: UK school pupils take part in call for urgent action

"Human activities are contributing to climate change, those changes will become more pronounced as the time goes on, and it is possible that those changes could be severe."

"CONTRIBUTING TO"

Not: 'causing solely.'

8. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,240 Times in 2,333 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 161 Times in 150 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    It was not that many years ago when Climate Deniers - to a man - hollered that there was no global warming, and the scientists were just faking the data.

Now, the Deniers have back flipped, retreated, and walked-it-back to claiming global warming and climate change are inevitable and there's nothing we can do to stop it.

Life experience has taught me that when someone moves the goal posts this far, when someone engages in truly remarkable back flips and mental gymnastics - they are practicing willful dishonesty and are fully aware they are lying their asses off.
    I am not a denier, I’m not a scientist either. From the beginning I have always maintained that if there is any kind of measurable planet-wide climate phenomenon occurring, there is nothing humans can do about it. Now you have a bunch of climate egg heads(not ME)claiming that “change” is inevitable, and the best intellectual fruit of the democrat party is desperately calling for action against something that nothing can prevent. Does this seem logical to you?
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Callinectes For This Post:

Stretch (03-19-2019), Truth Detector (03-19-2019)

10. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,335 Times in 22,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,239 Times in 2,979 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    So in 26 months, Trump has caused the ice to melt and sea levels rise??? And you wonder why we call you a fucking moron on steroids??

and there's nothing we can do to stop it at this point,"

So there is NOTHING that can be done to stop it. Now what?

It may take decades for that to happen, but it will happen.

Decades? They said the same thing two decades ago. They said the same thing about global cooling. It's laughably stupid to keep seeing these moronic predictions which have NEVER happened and keep believing they have merit.

This hysteria and apocalyptic fear mongering reminds many of the 1970 Earth Day predictions that fizzled like a firecracker:

End of civilization in 15-30 years
    100-200 million deaths to starvation yearly for 10 years
    A new ice age by 2000

Gore’s Predictions Fall Flat

13 years after Al Gore’s “Inconvenient Truth” guilt/fear producing predictions, let’s close by examining just how accurate his “science” proved to be on his way to the bank.

1. Rising Sea Levels – inaccurate and misleading. Al was even discovered
    purchasing a beachfront mansion!

2. Increased Tornadoes – declining for decades.

3. New Ice Age in Europe – they’ve been spared; it never happened.

4. South Sahara Drying Up – completely untrue.

5. Massive Flooding in China and India – again didn’t happen.

6. Melting Arctic – false – 2015 represents the largest refreezing in years.

7. Polar Bear Extinction – actually they are increasing!

8. Temperature Increases Due to CO2 – no significant rising for over 18 years.

9. Katrina a Foreshadow of the Future – false – past 10 years, no F3 hurricanes; “longest drought ever!”

10. The Earth Would be in a “True Planetary Emergency” Within a Decade Unless Drastic Action Taken to Reduce Greenhouse Gasses – never happened.

Awhile back, the Washington Post stated in an expose’ that, “Al Gore has thrived as a green-tech investor.” Coincidental?
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Truth Detector For This Post:

Callinectes (03-19-2019), Stretch (03-19-2019)

12. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,989 Times in 3,362 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 637 Times in 605 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tinfoil View Post
    And you idiots were saying that natural variations had no effect and it was settled science that humans caused 100% of the warming. Then the pause happened and you fuckwits had to change the name from global warming to climate change because there was no warming for over a decade. LOL and now it's accepted that the stuff skeptics were saying about ocean cycles is correct. AMO, PDO... Ring a bell, warmer? I've been saying this shit for a decade

1. In the 1990 IPCC report it states "the increases could be the result of natural variability." Thus debunking your claim that they were saying humans caused 100% of it.
    http://wedocs.unep.org/bitstream/han...=7&isAllowed=y
    2. The "pause" doesn't happen until 1998-2012 but the 1992 report is titled "Climate Change" The agency doing the report starting in 1988 is named "The International Panel on Climate Change" so clearly no one changed a name because of the pause.
    3. Your claim about ocean cycles is not supported by anything. Ocean cycles certainly can not be the cause of the current warming. That has been debunked for several years.
    https://www.skepticalscience.com/Pac...n-advanced.htm

Your one statement that may be true...
    You have been spouting shit for a decade.
    "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do."

13. The Following User Groans At Poor Richard Saunders For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (03-19-2019)

14. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Everybody should take a step back on both sides of the issue, and don't come back to the discussion table until they swear they will not be politically biased while discussing Climate Studies. Forget that here in this forum, because this forum is made up of mostly political hacks and trolls............................................ .............

.................................................. .................................................. .......
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.

15. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    It was not that many years ago when Climate Deniers - to a man - hollered that there was no global warming, and the scientists were just faking the data.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........
    LIE and LAME.

16. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I'll tell you who is being biased, it is Republicans who are being bought and sold by the lobby of big business to stop regulations so they can be reckless and careless to our environment to make personal gains of Billions of dollars........................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...................................
    LIE and LAME.

17. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Callinectes Ocasio-Cortez View Post
    If it’s inevitable, do we still have to spend trillions of dollars trying to stop it?
    Touche
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Celticguy For This Post:

Callinectes (03-19-2019), Stretch (03-19-2019)

19. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 603 Times in 570 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Adolf_Twitler,

I have all the money I need. My concern is definitely for the survival of humanity and the chance that others can love their life as much as I love mine!

I figured out a long time ago that happiness and wealth are two completely different things. It doesn't matter how much wealth one accrues, there will always be somebody else with more. Except for, of course, the one richest man on the planet. Now, I refuse to believe that only one person on planet Earth can be happy. So happiness and wealth are NOT co-dependent. The fact is, once a comfortable lifestyle is afforded, plus a bit of discretionary spending ability, one is as happy as they are going to be. More money above that level does not result in more happiness. It could very well result in more stress! You can't have a frustrating time with a gardener who doesn't do what you want if you do all your own gardening!

The only money that results in happiness is the basic funds that prevent suffering, the basic part of a budget which covers shelter, clothing, food, electricity, communication, transportation, etc. This amount of money creates a place for happiness because it removes worry over getting by. Everything above that is gravy!

It doesn't matter what kind of car you have. Sure, a nice car is nicer than a plain one. And that might make you happy when you get it. But after you are used to it and it's just another day in your car, when you're stuck in traffic and you can't go anywhere that car doesn't make that any less frustrating. You can't go, they guy in the less expensive car can't go either. You're both stuck. You're both wishing you could just get going.

And you might feel special in a hundred thousand dollar car - until a three hundred thousand dollar car pulls up next to you.

Anybody who has it good, and is chasing more and more profits is wasting their life on a foolish endeavor. They are addicted to making money just like a drug abuser is addicted to using.

The secret of life is not getting richer. It is enjoying the passage of time.

Once you realize that, you are free from the mental chains of endless wealth acquisition that hold you back from enjoying life. I mean, what's the point of making all that money if you're not going to go out and enjoy it?

Christmas for a kid is all about what gifts you get. Christmas for an adult is about the giving and making someone happy to receive something you got for them.

People obsessed with what they GET are like kids. People who are concerned with what other people get are the adults in our society.

I have all I need. My concern is definitely for the survival of humanity and the chance that others can love their life as much as I love mine!
    Hey, I agree with you on all that!

I have always wondered what makes a man who is at Trump's age still lying and cheating to make himself even more richer than he claims he is now!

Since I have retired, I just want to spend as much time with my family and friends now as I possible can.

And even though Baron lives in the White House, I doubt Donald see's him for five minutes in a weeks time.

So Donald Trump's priorities are all screwed up, in my opinion!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Adolf_Twitler For This Post:

PoliTalker (03-19-2019)

21. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Owl Gore, aka man bear pig? Seriously ?
    Last edited by Celticguy; 03-19-2019 at 12:16 PM.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

22. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Adolf_Twitler,

Hey, I agree with you on all that!

I have always wondered what makes a man who is at Trump's age still lying and cheating to make himself even more richer than he claims he is now!

Since I have retired, I just want to spend as much time with my family and friends now as I possible can.

And even though Baron lives in the White House, I doubt Donald see's him for five minutes in a weeks time.

So Donald Trump's priorities are all screwed up, in my opinion!
    And I agree with everything you just said.

I bet Baron just wishes he was ordinary like normal kids. He's probably very lonely and wishes he had a father who spent time with him. When was the last time we saw Trump and Baron out on the White House lawn tossing a ball back and forth? Never???