Thread: Skeptic Discussion --- Montauk Project FAKE

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Skeptic Discussion --- Montauk Project FAKE

I read a very convincing site on Montauk being a huge lie to sell junk stories to Roswell enthusiasts not long ago but I couldn't find that page. I did however find these ones. Skeptics generally agreed that there was no actual evidence and all claims were testimony. The only truth in the stories are that Camp Hero is a real location and that is the only single piece of verifiable evidence in any of the claims.

Another thing is that the initial story and claims came from one man whose story started quite simplistically but then as he garnered attention so too did his story expand and gain embellishment. Soon, many people made similar claims and added to his tales, ever expanding his lore. Truth is none of them have verifiable evidence that they actually worked with the U.S. government in any certifiably reputable capacity. All they got is their mouths, and use them they do.

I found this site right before posting this topic. An Bielek debunked, the website. Looks like he was a phony.

http://www.bielek-debunked.com

Then we got this good video of a nerd who makes nerd videos for nerds called "Nerd Stuff". This edition deals with Montauk Project and how he pretty much says what I said but with deep knowledge of the matter because he has researched these Montauk claims for some time and found them to appear very fraudulent.

Add your own comments or links to other debunking or skeptical sites against this Montauk lie if you could do so please. Perhaps you will redirect me to the initial website that skepticised this lie.

YOUTUBE VIDEO - Nerd Stuff
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=413s&v=B6S_S6Fwk7M

Today we're gonna be looking at something called the Montauk Project. Now in a couple previous videos that I did I was dealing with people who claim to be
    time travelers. I've done a video on John Titor and then I did one on Andrew Basiago. Both claimed to be travelers in time in one form or another and there's another conspiracy theory that I wanted to deal with because I've heard a lot of good comments about those videos people wanted me to keep doing those.

So the one that I'm doing today is about something called the Montauk Project. Now this is a very interesting conspiracy theory. It's a little different from both the story of John Titor and that of Andrew Basiago in a couple ways. First is that there are multiple witnesses now in the case of Andrew Basiago we have primarily... well not just primarily but we do have only one person's testimony to believe along with his very shaky evidence same with John Titor there was one individual that was on the internet that really provides no evidence and claims that he is a time traveler. In this case we have a bunch of people that have all claimed to have been part of this thing called the Montauk Project.

Second thing that makes this a little bit different is that we have a lot more people that actually worked at the base where these things supposedly occurred therefore these things are more testable they're things that people have searched out because these things happen at a place called Camp Hero in Montauk, New York which is in the very tip of Long Island and a lot of people who are interested in conspiracy theories have visited that there have been a ton of documentaries made you can just look up Montauk Project on YouTube and you'll see so many different lectures so many different talks on this thing called the Montauk Project and it's gained some popularity recently because it's pretty clear that there were certain ideas about the Montauk Project that were incorporated into the Netflix series Stranger Things. Especially in season one. Certain ideas were in season two as well and this idea of the Montauk Project... let's kind of just jump into it and talk a little bit about what the Montauk Project is and whether or not there's any weight to the claims that are actually being made here or if their evidence is just as lacking as it is in the case of the other supposed time travelers that we've looked at so far.

Now the Montauk Project is really broad and it's a name that is connected with a bunch of secret government experiments that were supposedly conducted in the 1980s all centering at Camp hero in Montauk, New York. The extent of these experiments included things like teleportation and time-travel and of psychic abilities. There was something called the Montauk chair where people would be placed into that chair and then various psychic abilities would be tested and supposedly it enhanced one's psychic abilities even to the point where people are able to supposedly materialize things that didn't previously exist. You could actually use your mind think something and as you thought that that thing would eventually actually start to exist. There's a story that's told by those who claim to have been part of the Montauk Project where there is this kind of great monster that's created out of the mind of one of the people that was involved sitting in the Montauk chair which sounds very science fictiony. There are some clear indicators that this may have been taken from some other science fiction literature and in the past but the experiments get even more bizarre than that. There are experiments with drugs. There are experiments with children. It was supposedly said that children were brought in called the Montauk boys that were experimented on and on all sorts of different ways which becomes the basis of what happens in Stranger Things and as you watch the show Fringe if you've ever seen that show a lot of this seems to be connected to the Montauk Project as well. They kind of expand on some of these ideas especially with children being the ones that are experimented on.

Supposedly also there were homeless people that were taken to do things like teleport and get into other dangerous activities so that regular civilians were not harmed. What this then gets into a lot of other conspiracy theories there are connections with this project as well as Philadelphia Experiment. The Montauk basis supposedly where they discuss things about faking the moon landing, AIDS was supposedly created there and some of the claims get really fantastical. For example they was supposedly a government plot to assassinate Jesus before his crucifixion. When that didn't happen people supposedly took the blood of Jesus from the cross, were gonna then inject that blood into somebody else so that there could be a test done which would match that blood with the blood that was on the Shroud of Turin, so that that person could then claim to actually be Jesus and people would believe that to be true.

I mean pretty clearly this stuff is really really out there and there's also contact with alien life in the existence of cryptids and other creatures that people debate whether they exist or not. So kind of every conspiracy seems to be rolled into this. There are charges in time travel. People went back in time to change the outcome of the civil war and farther along we've gotten with people explaining what their role was in these experiments. More and more and more of these things have expanded just to such extreme lengths so where does this come from?

We can look at at some various stories, they're really entertaining if you want to read about it. There's a bunch of books and you can read them. You'll probably be entertained by them because it's just interesting science fictiony stuff, but you know if you're gonna make these kinds of claims you gotta have some really good evidence right to believe this kind of stuff. So let's ask. You know do they have evidence? Where do we find this? Where do these ideas come from?

Well the Montauk Project idea was one that was not popularized until really the 1990s with the publication of a book by a man named Preston Nichols who had a co-writer named Peter moon. Now Preston Nichols really cannot write well himself. You can read messages that he's written online talking to people and there's other documentation of him having written things. He's pretty much incoherent he can't even spell (illiterate) so he's the one who came up with the stories basically and Peter Moon then is the one who took those ideas and helped him to write them down in a book. Now his first book that talks about these things is called the Montauk Project Experiments In Time in 1992. He speaks about all these things that he did. These things that happened to him there at Camp Hero and this is expanded into other books and other authors began writing about these things as well now. All of this is connected to supposedly repressed memories and this is what you're gonna find with all of these secret government projects that people are supposedly involved in. You find it with Andrew Basiago, you find it with Preston Nichols, you find it with others. They all claim that they were part of these experiments and the government erased their minds. You know, think of the men in black right, where you got that thing that erases your mind so you forget what happened and that's basically true and so you forget things and then you have to recover repressed memories. This is the same thing with things like UFO abductions that may have never happened especially if your into things like hypnosis. We now know and recognize that those are not really reliable. Your mind creates all sorts of stuff but these do come from repressed memories and the fact that they're repressed memories I think does kind of cause some alarms to go off to say well why are they repressed memories of course it's always an excuse that the government did something to erase them. We know how unreliable those things are so it should cause us to maybe be a little bit skeptical of what is being said.

Now Preston Nichols claimed that he was a scientist who had who had worked there. If you ever watch an interview with Preston Nichols he's a very eccentric, very strange fellow. He's just very odd. Okay now that doesn't mean that he's wrong but he is the kind of guy that if you saw him and you talked to him you might think he's a little
    crazy. Now that doesn't mean he is okay I don't know but just watch videos of his interviews and he's very strange, very quirky. He claims some really strange stuff and he has claimed that he was a childhood friend of Mark Hamill. Yes that Mark Hamill. Luke Skywalker who we talk about on here because this is a channel of nerd stuff and we talk about Star Wars all the time on here and maybe that's how this connects to my videos.

So supposedly Mark Hamill was involved in these projects as a time traveler and Preston Nichols claims that he was involved in the sound production and the Empire Strikes Back which no there's no record of. It's a secret somehow. There's all these other weird claims I've read of people connecting Mark Hamill to being in some band that happened before this that was somehow connected to Montauk, I mean it just weird stuff. Anyway Mark Hamill's come out and said nope, what are you talking about I was not fired off a secret government project. He's actually responded to these things he did when the claims first came out in the 90s. Said, I don't think he probably hasn't some time because it's just kind of crazy so there's no evidence that this guy had any connection to Mark Hamill or to the Empire Strikes Back or anything like this.

Another thing that might cause you to kind of wonder is the kind of supposed therapy that this man is giving to people or was giving to people and there are some who supposedly were part of these experiments and they needed to get therapy to recover from the horrible things that had happened to them. I've never heard Preston say this in interviews I've heard it claimed from people who have met with him. Multiple people who have claimed this that he had these very sexual rituals that he would perform with young men in order to give them therapy to help them deal with those issues and supposedly women had asked to get therapy and he wouldn't give it to them, he'd only give it to the men. So it does kind of make you wonder if there was just some weird kind of fetish thing that he had with young men do and he was acting out his fantasies in that way. I don't know the details of it. Supposedly he has admitted this in interviews but I haven't been able to find that if somebody can you know post it here or debunk it if he said that didn't actually happen, but multiple people have claimed that these things are true so that should kind of raise some flags there. Maybe he's making some crazy claims and they need to be substantiated and as far as I have been able to look and I've researched this issue there just isn't substantiation, there's just a bunch of wild stories basically from one man now.

We do have other people that claim to be part of this project but it's important to note that the other individuals who claim to have been part of this project it's not that they were making the same claims around the same time that that Preston Nichols was, but that after he got popular with his claims other people recovered supposedly suppressed memories and then they themselves too began to say that they were part of these experiments so it's not like a bunch of people independently came forward. They saw what fame that he was getting, the popularity he was getting. He was going to different conventions and speaking, UFO conventions, and talking about all this stuff and some other people pretty clearly wanted in on the popularity and so they started talking about the stuff as well. So there are two big names that we really have to talk about. There are more than two but the two biggest names are Stuart Svardloff and then Al Bielek.

Now let's talk about each of those and ask is there evidence that these people are indeed reliable at all. Now Stuart Svardlof claims that he has this family lineage of people who have been in power specifically in Russia. It is his claim that his great-uncle was a man named Yakov Sverdlov who was he claims at least first president of the Soviet Union well as far as I have been able to find he was not actually ever given the title president of the Soviet Union. I don't know if the Soviet Union ever even used the title president. He was part of the Communist Party he was an important political figure and he did help overthrow the regime of Tsar Nicholas the second now I have looked all over the place to try to find if I can actually find that there is indeed a family connection between Yakov Sverdlov and Stuart Svardloff. I would love to see if they actually are related in any sense or if really its just the names that are connected and the thing that I find interesting is that as I've gone through Stuart Svardloff’s talks and I've listened to them for years, not like constantly, but I have listened to multiple talks of his from a number of different time periods and he never used to talk about this, which is interesting. And all of a sudden this became a major part of his story and another thing that is very interesting is if you listen to talks that he's given in recent years, all of a sudden he has a kind of Russian accent. Say things like my family was involved in KGB which is not how he used to talk listen to his older talks and he would say something like my family was involved in the KGB, you know, taking out the “the” in your sentences is a very you know Russian thing to do because they don't have a word for “the” so you know when you have Russian immigrants that's very common for them to speak in that way and they'll kind of drift in and out of this pseudo Russian accent and he never did that before. So what causes somebody to all of a sudden emphasize that their great-uncle was the first president of the Soviet Union and then start to speak with a little bit of a Russian accent? I'm sorry but evidence seems to show there's no reason why this would happen unless you're embellishing a story and you discovered hey there's Svardloff and he used to peonounce his name Swerdlow and the people who used to introduce him in interviews, now I always hear them say Svardloff and I don’t actually know if that's him or if that's just the interviewers that I'v seen but it seems like he's kind of shifted his persona in order to follow the way that his story has developed which makes it I think very very very unbelievable. If you buy into the things that he says you gotta buy into everything that he says because all of this is connected and he talks about all this New Age stuff of energy and he's always talking about the great powers. He is talking himself up a lot as some kind of guru New Age guru or something like that and you know, present me evidence otherwise but as far as I've been able to tell there is nothing that I have seen that makes him seem like he is in fact legitimate, that he has these connections that he was in any way associated with with Camp Hero
    at Montauk, New York.

A final figure that I want to mention is a man named Al Bielek. Now he passed away some years ago. He was older when these things happened. Al Bielek claims that he watched a Philadelphia Experiment movie that was made in the 1980s and he had realized all of a sudden that he was part of that Philadelphia Experiment and he went through these different psychic new-age rituals to try to cover recover repressed memories he realized he was part of the Montauk Project. He was sent into the future into the year 2137, into the 2700s at another point and he's given talks where he describes what the future is like now someone talking in around the year 2000 talking about what the future is like. you know now living in just about 2018 in a couple days from when I'm recording this and it will be 2018 when I post this probably, we look at someone who is predicting a future from that far back. We can see the things that they'd missed and we could see if they got things right and we can ask, well if he knew our future did he predict anything that actually happened and you can look at these kinds of things and you find out that guess what it didn't happen. He predicted certain wars that were gonna happen starting in 2003, didn't happen. He predicted major changes on the coastline in the United States, sometimes he said the east coast, then sometimes he said the west coast because he was a little confused in his stories and guess what those things never actually happened. You can listen to other aspects of his story. He's asked at one point in the talk that he was doing, you know” what kind of technological changes that they have that were different and he mentions being in a hospital. He says well they had TVs that were on swivels coming down from the ceiling and you know this is over a hundred years into the future. Do you really think on a hundred years into the future we're having TVs from the ceiling on swivels I mean don't you think that we would have I mean everything switching to tablets at this point? They're everywhere and I mean this is technology that's existing now and what he's talking about in hospitals is already fading out so what are the chances that that kind of technology is gonna come back? You don't think we know anything else he said? No. You've still got like a remote control like we have today and we're already moving past that stuff so it's very odd that would be the case that far in our future and you'd think something like a tablet, that would be mentioned, right? You see them all over the place even today, if somebody went into a doctor's office today and you went 20 years into the past you'd say oh they had this like kind of tiny little computer thing that looks like the data pads in Star Trek and they're putting all your information on everything right there you know and and we're only 17 years into the future so or 18 years since he spoke about these things. So I can only imagine how far we're gonna be at that time onto other things.

Another thing he mentions is that he was handed maps of the United States and they're paper maps he's talking about do you really think we're going to be using paper maps? I mean, people don't really use them today at all and he asked someone in the hospital you know if you asked to bring up a map you just pull up the Internet and stick it on your phone and be like here look at this or on a tablet or something today so that's already outdated.

So if we look at his predictions I mean some of them might be kind of close in some ways but we have ones that are falsifiable if they haven't happened and again what people are going to do that defend this stuff? And I'll see the comments, all you're gonna say is well he must have gone into a different timeline in our future where things were different and see that's the way to get around anything. You can make any false prediction, any false prophecy that you want, say you went into a future and the excuse is, oh well they were in a different timeline.

So it doesn't matter what they said. You know if something happened why don't you give us something significant, like you know, I don't know... we're gonna have a TV star that's gonna be our president in this many years. Or, we're gonna have a black president you know in not too long. You know something that we would recognize and we would know and we'd be able to look back and be like oh yeah he got that right. But in the many hours of talks he's given, all the stuff that he said, you just can't find anything that looks like reality even as it is today let alone a hundred or seven hundred years from now. Also the guy claims that he could just speak English with people from like 2,700. You know how much language changes and even with the internet language changes actually a lot faster than it did in previous centuries. Go back seven hundred years try to talk to somebody. You're not gonna really be able to communicate it's gonna be the same thing seven hundred years from now. So there's so many problems and fact is that unless any of them bring forth actual evidence instead of just a bunch of wild fantastical stories there is no reason to believe that any of this stuff happened. Does that mean that the books aren't worth reading? No, they're entertaining. It's just science fiction you know. It's kind of fun to think about all this time-travel stuff and there's some wild crazy stories you can get out of these people. Should we accept it as real fact that the government was able to do these things? I don't think so. I think there's a grain of truth in it because a lot of what's talked about is an expansion of things that happen in MKULTRA which really was something really odd that the government was involved in which included weird psychic experiments and drug use and it's a pretty horrific stuff but it's those truths that are then stretched to such a bizarre degree that makes them so fantastical and unbelievable.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,321 Times in 9,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 511 Times in 484 Posts
    Blog Entries

thou doth protest too much. now I'm sure its all real.

check out stewart swerdlow.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,321 Times in 9,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 511 Times in 484 Posts
    Blog Entries

everybody knows there are no secret government projects. lol.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 11 Times in 11 Posts

Reminds me of tales about 1700s and 1800s lords that never left their castles and mansions, built high walls and the townspeople never saw them. Stories and rumors would spread about these hermit lords but the lords never spoke out to dispell them. Legends were born and turned into a pile of lies much like the Montauk thing. The townspeople, rabid for response, would lie about anything in their quest to provoke the silent lords, but were never satisfied in the slightest, their curiosities left to the torture of silence. Alone in their throng, not a thing to entertain them, left to their own. Dutifully ignored. Dutifully denied. Dutifully rejected.
    Last edited by Part Multi 313; 03-25-2019 at 10:18 PM.