Members banned from this thread: evince

Thread: News that DEMOCRATS won't enjoy

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Default News that DEMOCRATS won't enjoy

DOING A GREAT JOB

Ron DeSantis, speaking to more than 1,000 business, government and civic leaders on Friday, touted a rush of activity since he took office in January and promised to continue the breakneck pace.

“Stay tuned. This is just the beginning. We plan to do much more,” he said at the end of his 23-minute speech at the Broward Workshop’s annual forum.

The strongest applause came when the governor lamented that “understanding American civics and understanding our institutions” is lacking, especially among young people. He also received enthusiastic applause for suggesting that if immigrants have to pass a test showing proficiency in basic civics then “people who are graduating high school should be able to pass the same test.”

The Republican governor also got positive marks from DEMOCRAT political leaders in the state’s most DEMOCRAT county.

“The first 60 days out of the box he’s done a lot of important things that will help Broward County,” County Commissioner Michael Udine said. “I think he’s doing well. He’s doing better than I thought.”

Broward Mayor Mark Bogen said he, too, is impressed with the first months of DeSantis’ term, especially on the environment. “Right now I think the governor’s doing a good job. I didn’t know him before.”

Police chiefs at the meeting were Constance Stanley of Lauderhill, Jon Shaw of Margate, Chris O’Brien of Hollywood, Rick Maglione of Fort Lauderdale, Tony Rosa of Sunrise, W. Howard Harrison of Plantation, Butch Arenal of Coconut Creek and Ross Licata of Lighthouse Point. Also participating was Coral Springs Deputy Chief Brad McKeone.

Sheriff Gregory Tony was appointed by DeSantis in January when the governor suspended DEMOCRAT Sheriff Scott Israel; Tony also got a brief speaking slot on Friday to introduce himself to the workshop audience.

https://tinyurl.com/yx8wqdzg

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

THIS IS A VISUAL NUISANCE TO SOME

A long-running American flag flap involving a Vietnam veteran and a Virginia homeowners association appears to have been resolved.

The dispute pitted the Wyndham Homeowners Association in Henrico against Richard Oulton, a medic during the Vietnam War with the 1st Battalion 9th Marines, a unit that suffered so many casualties it became famously known as "The Walking Dead."

Twenty years ago, Wyndham took Oulton to court over a flag pole on his property in the affluent townhouse development. After Oulton was found guilty of violating the HOA’s by-laws, the flag pole was removed.

"I'm standing in my front yard being told the American flag is a visual nuisance,” Oulton said. “I think it's horrible, but I have to comply."

Now with the help of a Virginia state lawmaker, the HOA says Oulton can put the flag back up.

Oulton is planning to hold a flag-raising ceremony next month and says he wants to fly Old Glory in front of his house again to honor the memory of those from the 1/9 who lost their lives in Vietnam.

http://tinyurl.com/y3l2vcby

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Default Wilmington, DE - home of Gropin’ Joe Biden is # 1

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Default Desh will be devastated