Members banned from this thread: BRUTALITOPS, The Anonymous, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Legion Troll, Boris The Animal, Niche Political Commentor, canceled.2021.2, J Craft, MAGA MAN, Darth Omar, CFM, DBCooper, chink, RB 60, PraiseKek, TOP, excommunicated, AnnieOakley, Tommatthews, Q-Tip, volsrock, Grugore, Rob Larrikin, BodyDouble, ptif219, Loving91390, fandango, United76America, Yurt, Into the Night, Tkaffen, gfm7175, Enlightened One, Anarchon, Proud Boy and Earl

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: World cinema - my pick list

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Red Cliff

In ancient China, the emperor of the Han Dynasty allows General Cao Cao (Fengyi Zhang) to declare war against the rebellious southern provinces, with the intention of unifying the entire country. Cao's large army quickly advances, killing civilians and soldiers alike. To resist Cao, the southern warlords form an alliance led by Viceroy Zhou Yu (Tony Leung). Outnumbered, Zhou relies upon elaborate formations and unorthodox strategies to fight against Cao's overwhelming forces

"There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Red Cliff

In ancient China, the emperor of the Han Dynasty allows General Cao Cao (Fengyi Zhang) to declare war against the rebellious southern provinces, with the intention of unifying the entire country. Cao's large army quickly advances, killing civilians and soldiers alike. To resist Cao, the southern warlords form an alliance led by Viceroy Zhou Yu (Tony Leung). Outnumbered, Zhou relies upon elaborate formations and unorthodox strategies to fight against Cao's overwhelming forces

It is still on youtube if anyone is interested...
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

3. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,710 Times in 27,343 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    She, when she would talk, we would just listen, usually captive audience in the car..

While there were some bad parts, not grizzly, cold (black and white agony) but good memories of fishing, playing etc & hatred & fear of the Germans, some of which were living w/ their neighbors & they kept a healthy distance from..
    Puts things into perspective, eh?

I had a window on history of that era: my cousin lived under a Nazi occupation, my grandmother, father, and aunt lived under a Japanese occupation, and my aunt's husband survived a sentence in the Gulag.

I personally try not to complain about trivial stuff!

Sidebar: This is the best Italian movie I have seen in recent years..
    Last edited by Cypress; 04-06-2020 at 03:39 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (04-06-2020)

5. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Puts things into perspective, eh?

I had a window on history of that era: my cousin lived under a Nazi occupation, my grandmother, father, and aunt lived under a Japanese occupation, and my aunt's husband survived a sentence in the Gulag.

I personally try not to complain about trivial stuff!

Sidebar: This is the best Italian movie I have seen in recent years..
    Is it in English or Italian??

My great grandfather was set off to Canada for similar events, although I don't know the personal details..

6. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,761 Times in 4,510 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 181 Posts

"What's Up Tiger Lily" is a Japanese spy movie dubbed into English by Woody Allen with a completely different dialogue and story line. I don't know the original name of the movie.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Cypress (04-06-2020)

8. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,710 Times in 27,343 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Is it in English or Italian??

My great grandfather was set off to Canada for similar events, although I don't know the personal details..
    Italian with English subtitles is how it was presented Netflix is my recollection