Thread: Dems fear Trump is looking at presidential pardons

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,616 Times in 9,137 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,428 Times in 1,257 Posts

Default Dems fear Trump is looking at presidential pardons

Democrats are increasingly expressing worries that President Trump may seek to pardon allies convicted or charged in investigations of his campaign and administration in the wake of former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort's sentencing.

Worries about Trump pardons have long been bandied about by critics of his administration, but the chatter is on the rise in recent weeks.

House Intelligence Chairman Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) signaled Thursday that his panel is interested in whether Trump is dangling pardons to witnesses tied to special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation, or to the Southern District of New York, which is probing hush money payments made to two women alleging affairs with Trump.

The chatter also comes as questions have been raised over whether former Trump lawyer Michael Cohen was approached by the president's legal team with an offer suggesting the president would grant him a pardon following the FBI's raid last year of his house and office.

"We've seen the president dangle pardons publicly really through much of the course of the investigation," Schiff told The Hill and CNN.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...dV4?li=BBnb7Kz

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,175 Times in 2,096 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 80 Times in 80 Posts

There are enough decent career law enforcement officials who will work tirelessly to prevent Trump from becoming the dictator that he so desire to become.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,520 Times in 5,217 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,477 Times in 2,299 Posts

I hope he pardons everyone

4. The Following User Groans At canceled.2021.1 For This Awful Post:

Nordberg (03-17-2019)

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Signalmankenneth,

Well, according to him, he can pardon HIMSELF!

OPLink: "Asked this week whether he would offer Manafort a pardon, Trump responded that he felt "very badly" for his former campaign chairman but did not answer the question directly.

Trump has publicly said he believes he has the right to do extensive pardons, stating

on Twitter last summer that he even has the "absolute right" to pardon himself.

Trump's attorney, Rudy Giuliani, also has suggested Trump could issue pardons after the Mueller probe concludes.

"When the whole thing is over, things might get cleaned up with some presidential pardons," Giuliani, a former New York mayor, told the New York Daily News last year."
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,832 Times in 17,264 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,598 Times in 4,276 Posts

When he got into office, Trump was invigorated by the pardoning power. He knows what a criminal he is and figured out the accidental win put him in danger. So he started playing with the pardoning power to see the reaction. There was not much, so now he thinks it is his escape route. This mafia donald thinks he is free from the law.