1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Nordberg,

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Pelosi thinks lowering it would make 15 and 16 year olds get into politics. But most schools don't even have poli sci anymore.
    We totally need to require that politics and government are taught in school. People need to understand how beautiful the US Constitution is, and how marvelously it sets up our government of the people, by the people, and for the people. We have far too many foolish people who do not understand how our government works, and they are afraid of our government.

Too many people fear our government when they should actually be focusing their disgust on the big money influence in government that causes virtually all of our problems.

Fear mongers catalyze fear of our government to get people to vote against their own better interest.

We don't want fewer regulations!

What we need is more effective BETTER regulations.

Capitalists. Greedy owners of large capital are the ones who want fewer regulations. They care more about making more profits than they do about the environment, worker rights or product safety. Greedy capitalists spend huge amounts of money influencing our government. Take a wild guess why.
    Last edited by PoliTalker; 03-18-2019 at 08:55 AM.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (03-18-2019)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (03-18-2019)

4. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Cypress,

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Let's review: You voted for a mediocre Reality TV entertainer with no qualifications to be the leader of the Free World.
    A salesman of real estate and frozen steak products who shows no capability or interest in learning about governance, statecraft, and policy.

You are in no position to claim your judgement is better than a garden variety 16 year old.

Well said.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (03-18-2019)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Cypress (03-18-2019), ThatOwlWoman (03-18-2019)

7. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicRocker View Post
    people register in a state or locale that periodically are purged for address chances -hence the registration process
    No problem. Take that away from the States. Have a national voter verification system.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

9. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Checkerboard Strangler,

Quote Originally Posted by Checkerboard Strangler View Post
    Understood, I get that.
    But still, if you are purged, it shouldn't be a secret. There should be an effort to reach the voter first, and a notice mailed out that they've been purged. They do that for your car registration, yes?

I guess what I am getting at is the fact that I am aware that certain power brokers DON'T WANT to enable voters, quite the opposite.
    Here's a particularly poisonous clip that speaks to the very issues I am talking about.

Very telling video. Keep people uneducated, misinformed, uninformed, in the dark, and not voting, and you can control them better. The Republican mantra.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Checkerboard Strangler (03-18-2019), ThatOwlWoman (03-18-2019)

11. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,405 Times in 53,280 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Let's review: You voted for a mediocre Reality TV entertainer with no qualifications to be the leader of the Free World.
    A salesman of real estate and frozen steak products who shows no capability or interest in learning about governance, statecraft, and policy.

You are in no position to claim your judgement is better than a garden variety 16 year old.
    I love this post x10.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Checkerboard Strangler (03-18-2019), Cypress (03-18-2019)

13. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    No problem. Take that away from the States. Have a national voter verification system.
    ROFL...sure that's gonna work.. good luck trying to verify voters in every state from DC bureaus !

Do Dems EVER consider ANYTHING but more and more centralized power ??? No

14. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,405 Times in 53,280 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Good idea. Tagging voter registration to social security numbers will also help prevent that mythological bugaboo of the right -- illegals voting.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

LV426 (03-18-2019)

16. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello CosmicRocker,

ROFL...sure that's gonna work.. good luck trying to verify voters in every state from DC bureaus !

Do Dems EVER consider ANYTHING but more and more centralized power ??? No
    What, and take away all the Republican voter suppression tricks? Of COURSE you wouldn't support that. Your reply was entirely predictable.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Checkerboard Strangler (03-18-2019)

18. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello CosmicRocker,

What, and take away all the Republican voter suppression tricks? Of COURSE you wouldn't support that. Your reply was entirely predictable.
    ridiculous. voting practices are actually easy to challenge in courts now

19. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Truth Detector (03-18-2019)

20. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello ThatOwlWoman,

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Good idea. Tagging voter registration to social security numbers will also help prevent that mythological bugaboo of the right -- illegals voting.
    Conservatives and their mythical voting illegals. It's an explanation looking for a problem.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

22. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

Cool

ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Bourbon For This Post:

24. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello CosmicRocker,

ridiculous. voting practices are actually easy to challenge in courts now
    The only thing your wild unsupported beliefs are missing is any factual evidence whatsoever.

Perhaps you could begin by finding the results of President Trump's voter fraud commission?

Have those results been made public yet???

(Trump's voter fraud commission was embarrassingly disbanded in a vacuum on 1-3-2018 after finding nothing, absolutely NOTHING!)

25. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

26. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello CosmicRocker,

The only thing your wild unsupported beliefs are missing is any factual evidence whatsoever.

Perhaps you could begin by finding the results of President Trump's voter fraud commission?

Have those results been made public yet???

(Trump's voter fraud commission was embarrassingly disbanded in a vacuum on 1-3-2018 after finding nothing, absolutely NOTHING!)
    voting rights organizations
    Common Cause

Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights

National Voting Rights

Brennan Center for Justice......(more)

SCSJ’s voting rights

Electoral Reform

ACLU

27. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,422 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Beto Omar View Post
    Why shouldn't 16 year olds have a say in how the country is run since they're going to be living in this country longer than an 80 year old?
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

28. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,422 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

THIS
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

Cypress (03-18-2019), ThatOwlWoman (03-18-2019)