Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: New Zealand Prime Minister - "Our gun laws will change"

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,456 Times in 2,386 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 941 Times in 861 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    My progressive views mostly pertain to economic issues and human entitlements.
    The whole gun control issue isn't irrelevant, but it's just not something I care too much about. I own a few firearms--none of the ugly paramilitary variety but high end sporting arms--and I haven't dragged them out in decades because I don't hunt.

I'm appalled by the mass shootings like everybody else, but we're Americans--capping each other asses is sadly what we've always done since the birth of the nation.
    Except for a few Native Americans, we're a nation of people who couldn't cut it where we came from or who were brought here on slave ships. We're not exactly the cream of the crop; so we blow each others' brains out because we feel that we're not worth very much anyway.

But as minimal as my respect is for the American population at large, even I am flabbergasted by the complete worthlessness of people like Banjofuck. Bullshit Blob, and the other Trumpanzees whose entirely inane drivel stains the pages of this forum. One cannot be a supporter of the most vile person ever to walk on our shores, Donald the Orange Asshole Trump, without being a diseased blob of protoplasm whose use of the common oxygen supply is an affront to the very concept of decency itself.

A Trump supporter is the physical manifestation of the theoretical standard for perversion. A Trump supporter's entire life is about trying unsuccessfully to compensate for one's pure worthlessness and vile nature in insane ways that do nothing toward that end.

I very thankfully can't imagine what your lives are like, Trumpys. Your only accomplishment is to provide a perfect example of that which needn't and shouldn't exist. If this planet is to survive a little longer, your existence will need to be eradicated soon. I will not offer suggestions. Most of my life is in the rear view mirror, I've far more yesterdays than tomorrows, so the solution will not come from me. But even if no solution comes, we can at least take solace that the end of the planet as an inhabitable place will at least eliminate you as well. The universe still comes out ahead.
    I do like that - but I feel the need, really do, to rush in and shout some of the names of truly great Americans like Sojourner Truth, John Brown, Paul Robeson, Joe Hill and so on; the trouble is that my memory for names seems to be going, but what about the bloke who swung the American Quakers over against slavery, the Freedom Riders, President Carter and the millions of other admirable people you've produced. As my wife keeps telling me, 'You can't possibly judge all Americans by those right-wing nutters you talk to on the internet!' Some of her Chartist ancestors came over specially to fight against slavery, as did masses of Welsh-speaking Americans in the Union Army, so I know enough not to forget those people. Venceremos!
    Last edited by iolo; 03-18-2019 at 08:23 AM.

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,426 Times in 5,873 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,512 Times in 6,255 Posts
    Blog Entries

Christchurch shootings: NZ cabinet backs tighter gun laws

Check. Not one of them in the pay of the NRA- although I don't doubt that phones are a-ringing.

Christchurch shootings: NZ cabinet backs tighter gun laws
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,520 Times in 5,217 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,477 Times in 2,299 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moon View Post
    They're looking quite prominent in Washington lately. Your extremist head-case campaign looks like a dreadful failure.
    Maybe you'll never get your Green Card now.
    Ban all muslimes. You first

4. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Love America View Post
    I'm a Zoroastrian this week. You're still a wannabe-American asshole.

Maria Ressa.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to moon For This Post:

iolo (03-20-2019)

6. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 603 Times in 570 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    I've said it before, very few of my guns are registered. How will they register what they don't know I have? Do you seriously think I'll volunteer to have them registered?
    OK! Let me tell you then!

What do you suppose would happen if you failed to register your BMW, and you got caught driving it? The same thing will apply to your Glock!
    What do you suppose would happen if you failed to drive your BMW without a license? Let me tell you that as well! Your BMW would be impounded, and you would go straight to jail as you got caught!

People who purchase a gun must also have a license to own and operate. There must be a test to insure you know the gun laws and agree to them, and know the safe handling and rules of owning, operating, and buying and selling of deadly weapons.

So, if you do not abound by the laws to obtain a proper license, and register all of your guns, you would be subjected to loosing your license and your guns.

And, if you should want to sell your guns to a new owner, an affidavit must be filled out and signed by both parties, and your copy must be mailed into the state. The licensed buyer would take his affidavit down and pay the registration fee to obtain his registration for his purchased gun. It would be illegal for you to sell a weapon to anyone who is not already licensed to own a gun.

You see, that covers everything! That way, the state knows about every weapon. Only licensed responsible people responsible enough to keep himself/herself and his/her guns registered with the states would be obtaining weapons, and the state could track the purchases of guns, and insure they are in safe hands.

States would be given the duty to register all the weapons within it's borders. If a state chooses to not be responsible in doing that, then a Federal registration would be mandatory and must be exercised. And the state would be fined for the registration process for every gun sold and federally registered in that state.

Where the Republicans and irresponsible states have failed to be responsible with gun ownership and sales of deadly weapons, the Federal Government is right there to take up the slack!l
    Last edited by Adolf_Twitler; 03-18-2019 at 12:42 PM.

7. #51 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,612 Times in 17,052 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf_Twitler View Post
    OK! Let me tell you then!

What do you suppose would happen if you failed to register your BMW, and you got caught driving it? The same thing will apply to your Glock!
    What do you suppose would happen if you failed to drive your BMW without a license? Let me tell you that as well! Your BMW would be impounded, and you would go straight to jail.

People who purchase a gun must also have a license to ow and operate. There must be a test to insure you know the law.

So, if you do not abound by the laws to obtain a proper license, and register all of your guns, you would be subjected to loosing your license and your guns.

And, if you should want to sell your guns to a new owner, an affidavit must be filled out and signed by both parties, and your copy must be mailed into the state. He would take his affidavit down and pay the registration fee to obtain his registration for his purchased gun. It would be illegal for you to sell a weapon to anyone who is not already licensed to own a gun.

You see, that covers everything! That way, the state knows about every weapon. Only responsible people responsible enough to keep himself/herself and his/her guns registered with the states would be obtaining weapons, and the state could track the purchases of guns, and insure they are in safe hands.

States would be given the duty to register all the weapons within it's borders. If a state chooses to not be responsible in doing that, then a Federal registration would be mandatory and must be exercised. And the state would be fined for the registration process for every gun sold and federally registered in that state.

Where the Republicans have failed to be responsible with gun ownership and sales of deadly weapons, the Federal Government is right there to take up the slack!
    Do you really think most of us care?
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

8. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 603 Times in 570 Posts

Do you really think most of us care?
    You'll either care and comply with the law, or risk jail, risk fines, and a loss of permit to obtain weapons completely!

The same thing already applies to automobiles, and there are more of those than guns. So this will be just as easy to maintain.

It's called means and ways!

There are means and ways to make you fall in line with the law!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Adolf_Twitler For This Post:

moon (03-18-2019)

10. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,440 Times in 2,013 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 611 Times in 582 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Only retarded Americans think that.
    I agree with that!
    Tie Your 'roo down Mate

11. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I've said it before, very few of my guns are registered. How will they register what they don't know I have? Do you seriously think I'll volunteer to have them registered?
    You're not interested in being a law abiding citizen?
    Tie Your 'roo down Mate

12. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,422 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

They didn't even try thoughts and prayers...what gives?
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

13. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

moon (03-18-2019)

14. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Port Tack View Post
    That is only the conservatives since they have such small penis's and are afraid of everything
    So it's a penis envy issue! Interesting spin.
    Tie Your 'roo down Mate

15. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You think I'm worried?
    Are you Alfred E Newman?
    Tie Your 'roo down Mate

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Mason Melchizedek For This Post:

moon (03-18-2019)

17. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by I Love America View Post
    Every Trump supporter should have their MAGA hats permanently attached to their heads. That way, you can't hide among the general population.

18. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Why do you have more than one gun?

19. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Why do you have more than one gun?
    He's schizophrenic.

Maria Ressa.