Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Three or more eggs a week increase your risk of heart disease and early death, study

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by signalmankenneth View Post
    (CNN)It's been debated for years: Are eggs good or bad for you? People who eat an added three or four eggs a week or 300 milligrams of dietary cholesterol per day, have a higher risk of both heart disease and early death compared with those who eat fewer eggs, new research finds.

"Eggs, specially the yolk, are a major source of dietary cholesterol," wrote Victor Zhong, lead study author and a postdoctoral fellow in the Department of Preventive Medicine at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine in Chicago. In a study published Friday in the medical journal JAMA, he and his colleagues noted that a single large egg contains about 186 milligrams of cholesterol.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/15/healt...udy/index.html

More fake news from the prize purveyors of pap.

Eggs and cholesterol

Having high cholesterol levels in our blood increases our risk of heart disease.

Although eggs contain some cholesterol, the amount of saturated fat we eat has more of an effect on the amount of cholesterol in our blood

If your GP or health professional has told you to watch your cholesterol levels, your priority should be to cut down on saturated fat across your diet.

If you are eating a balanced diet, you only need to cut down on eggs if you have been told to do so by your GP or dietitian.

https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/eat-wel...nd-cholesterol
    Last edited by cancel2 2022; 03-16-2019 at 02:53 AM.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,520 Times in 5,217 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,477 Times in 2,299 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Don't even bother to be appalled by Julianne Malveaux's hate speech against a Black man...oh, that's right. You aren't.
    Christiecrite will feign ignorance and claim to not know who she is which gives Christiecrite cover

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,520 Times in 5,217 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,477 Times in 2,299 Posts

This is all fake news. Eggs do not cause you an early death

Genetics and inactivity cause an early death

If you are genetically predisposed to high cholesterol, then there isn’t much you can do.

Also there is some science suggesting that the whole focus on high cholesterol as a predictor of cardiovascular mortality is wrong.

It is amazing what sheep people are

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by signalmankenneth View Post
    (CNN)It's been debated for years: Are eggs good or bad for you? People who eat an added three or four eggs a week or 300 milligrams of dietary cholesterol per day, have a higher risk of both heart disease and early death compared with those who eat fewer eggs, new research finds.

"Eggs, specially the yolk, are a major source of dietary cholesterol," wrote Victor Zhong, lead study author and a postdoctoral fellow in the Department of Preventive Medicine at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine in Chicago. In a study published Friday in the medical journal JAMA, he and his colleagues noted that a single large egg contains about 186 milligrams of cholesterol.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/15/healt...udy/index.html

No amount of drugs can reduce one's percentage of developing Cardiovascular problems when one's genes are predisposed to such. Study after study show that "like style" habits can help prevent heart problems only when started early in life. Waiting until you are 40.....and assuming that modern chemistry can do the trick is nothing but PR from the drug industry. The drug industry would have you believe that taking drugs and reducing your caloric intake of animal fat and proteins will magically stop the buildup of cholesterol in your body...when in reality cholesterol is a naturally produced substance in your body with your body actually producing the majority of the cholesterol found in your body...….your body produces cholesterol as a necessary in order to build cells.

In fact only 25% of the world population can benefit from a reduction in dietary cholesterol intake...the other 75%....cholesterol does not really matter as the real indicator of your risk in relation to Cardio problems would be the lipid proteins transported by your blood stream...these lose lipids make it easier for cholesterol to block one's blood transport arteries.

Blaming high cholesterol is a DX from 50 years ago. The real secret to a long life is good genes and being trained to intake a well balanced diet.....nothing is harmful to the human body in moderation..... there are many things that are poison to the body when consumed in gluten amounts. Fats and proteins are not the culprit...….processed sugar is the real thief of human longevity. When consuming mass amounts of sugar.....your body soon develops a system where CARBS are used as the primary source of fuel....when this happens all the fat you eat is stored in your body to be used during the expected seasonal reduction of carbs...i.e, for the cold winter months when carbs are not present in a natural sitting. Little does the body realize that human's no longer experience seasons of fasting and plenty....humans eat 24/7 365 days a year...and the fat just continues to build up until self destruction develops.

Heart disease is not a problem that modern meds can fix...….its a problem developed by society in this land of plenty where the majority of people become addicts to the very success of society.
    Last edited by Ralph; 03-16-2019 at 06:28 AM.

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Poor eggs are out, again. I’m not eating whole eggs these days, it’s egg whites or egg beaters and rarely.
    Don't listen to kenny. You should eat a dozen eggs each day.

6. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,396 Times in 53,275 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    Great question. Ask IQ64, McSlawber and trashcan5.
    Actually I can link you to trashcan5's explanation which BTW got her banned from APP for a long time.
    Basically the same as IQ64 and McSlawber on DCJ. Essentially it goes like this for those three - they claim that blacks only have a diet of chitlins, fried chicken and Skittles. Advocating a diet of raw fruits, veggies and fish is therefore racist, according to them.
    I smell exaggeration, sorry. There's nothing racist about pointing out that plenty of non-white groups -- blacks, Native Americans, Hispanics, for example -- start having rates of heart disease, cancer, hypertension, and diabetes far higher than whites when they consume the typical American diet.

7. The Following User Groans At ThatOwlWoman For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (03-16-2019)

8. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,959 Times in 6,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 483 Times in 453 Posts

Great question. Ask IQ64, McSlawber and trashcan5.
    Actually I can link you to trashcan5's explanation which BTW got her banned from APP for a long time.
    Basically the same as IQ64 and McSlawber on DCJ. Essentially it goes like this for those three - they claim that blacks only have a diet of chitlins, fried chicken and Skittles. Advocating a diet of raw fruits, veggies and fish is therefore racist, according to them.
    I remember that.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Life is Golden For This Post:

10. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,456 Times in 2,386 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 941 Times in 861 Posts

People seem to miss the obvious cause of death. Statistically, 100% of those who die previously breathed. Stamp it out!

11. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,147 Times in 33,852 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,083 Times in 4,699 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Do you suppose that the two eggs you put in a batch of chocolate chip cookies count?
    No, I’m pretty sure those are a freebie

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

christiefan915 (03-16-2019), ThatOwlWoman (03-16-2019)

13. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,147 Times in 33,852 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,083 Times in 4,699 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    Don't listen to kenny. You should eat a dozen eggs each day.
    Yawn...

14. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,633 Times in 9,299 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Love America View Post
    This is all fake news. Eggs do not cause you an early death

Genetics and inactivity cause an early death

If you are genetically predisposed to high cholesterol, then there isn’t much you can do.

Also there is some science suggesting that the whole focus on high cholesterol as a predictor of cardiovascular mortality is wrong.

It is amazing what sheep people are
    Say one of Trump's sheep
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

15. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,633 Times in 9,299 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Cool Hand Luke ate 50 eggs
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

16. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,492 Times in 7,583 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

. I smell exaggeration, sorry.
    No problem. I understand. It's pretty hard to believe but that's why I bring it up occasionally. I'll never let them live it down.
    There's nothing racist about pointing out that plenty of non-white groups -- blacks, Native Americans, Hispanics, for example -- start having rates of heart disease, cancer, hypertension, and diabetes far higher than whites when they consume the typical American diet.
    Who said it was?
    You missed the point completely. They claim it's racist to advocate a healthy diet . Go figure.
    Last edited by anonymoose; 03-16-2019 at 09:55 AM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

18. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,396 Times in 53,275 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

No problem. I understand. It's pretty hard to believe but that's why I bring it up occasionally. I'll never let them live it down. Who said it was?
    You missed the point completely. They claim it's racist to advocate a healthy diet . Go figure.
    I guess I'll have to see some of their posts to understand.

19. The Following User Groans At ThatOwlWoman For This Awful Post:

20. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,492 Times in 7,583 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

I guess I'll have to see some of their posts to understand.
    Unfortunately IQ64 and McSlawbers posts are lost with the DCJ forum. When I have time and in front of a PC I'll link you to trashcans posts.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to anonymoose For This Post: