Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 381

Thread: Mott just kicked my ass with facts

  1. #31 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    41,306
    Thanks
    192
    Thanked 5,767 Times in 5,115 Posts
    Groans
    13
    Groaned 418 Times in 407 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    She is one of the few posters on this forum who will own up to a blunder and express regret for it.
    You have failed to own up to every blunder you made. I doubt you'll recognize your post as one.

  2. #32 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    19,925
    Thanks
    9,718
    Thanked 8,881 Times in 6,107 Posts
    Groans
    105
    Groaned 594 Times in 580 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    Sorry Dude


    sometimes I get too harsh and knee jerk with my reactions



    You were spot on and taught me some history today


    infact you have inspired me to learn more about this subject

    an inspiring time I never took the time to learn more about



    I do these apology threads for the cons and I thought this stupidity of mine towards you deserved the same level of treatment



    You the man dude


    my face is in the dirt


    thank you for the whooping

    In the end your asskicking will make me a better person and a more informed one at that

    Sorry dude !
    What did you get wrong?
    He who is the author of a war lets loose the whole contagion of hell and opens a vein that bleeds a nation to death. Thomas Paine

  3. #33 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    17,810
    Thanks
    11,322
    Thanked 4,902 Times in 3,945 Posts
    Groans
    110
    Groaned 709 Times in 671 Posts

    Default

    Seriously...she never mentioned what she "got wrong"...lol..pesky details...

  4. The Following User Groans At TOP For This Awful Post:

    MASON (03-16-2019)

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to TOP For This Post:

    Havana Moon (03-16-2019)

  6. #34 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Steeler Nation
    Posts
    48,131
    Thanks
    34,687
    Thanked 22,872 Times in 16,349 Posts
    Groans
    3,478
    Groaned 2,274 Times in 2,170 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    What other poster here has started threads acknowledging their screw ups?
    #Not My President



    "Alabama was going to be hit or grazed, and then Hurricane Dorian took a different path (up along the East Coast). The Fake News knows this very well. That's why they're the Fake News!"





    "christiefan" stands for Agatha, not Chris

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

    evince (03-17-2019), ThatOwlWoman (03-18-2019)

  8. #35 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    53,094
    Thanks
    3,302
    Thanked 15,641 Times in 10,837 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 593 Times in 560 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    What other poster here has started threads acknowledging their screw ups?
    I offered this gif in response to your comment that she always acknowledges her mistakes. That's just not true.

    Lots of people on this board have admitted they were wrong about something. It doesn't take starting a thread to acknowledge a mistake.

    You may not agree with me here but if you'll endulge me follow along my scenario.

    Imagine I start a thread saying "Superfreak Kicked My Ass With Facts"

    I of course don't actually state what the facts were or how I was wrong and he corrected me but I start the thread nonetheless.

    Then posters like Flash, LR, Darth etc. all join in and tell me how great I am and how much integrity I have for saying Superfreak corrected me on something. And somebody else says Cawacko is great because he always admits when he's wrong.

    My guess is you would probably be rolling your eyes while reading such a thread. Not that different than this.

  9. #36 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Steeler Nation
    Posts
    48,131
    Thanks
    34,687
    Thanked 22,872 Times in 16,349 Posts
    Groans
    3,478
    Groaned 2,274 Times in 2,170 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    I offered this gif in response to your comment that she always acknowledges her mistakes. That's just not true.

    Lots of people on this board have admitted they were wrong about something. It doesn't take starting a thread to acknowledge a mistake.

    You may not agree with me here but if you'll endulge me follow along my scenario.

    Imagine I start a thread saying "Superfreak Kicked My Ass With Facts"

    I of course don't actually state what the facts were or how I was wrong and he corrected me but I start the thread nonetheless.

    Then posters like Flash, LR, Darth etc. all join in and tell me how great I am and how much integrity I have for saying Superfreak corrected me on something. And somebody else says Cawacko is great because he always admits when he's wrong.

    My guess is you would probably be rolling your eyes while reading such a thread. Not that different than this.
    I read the thread where Mott corrected her. Maybe she just forgot to link up. If you guys were really interested in the thread, not just bashing evince, you could search Mott's posts from yesterday.

    I know people will acknowledge their errors inside a thread and am not criticizing that. You do it, I do it. But IMO it's a lot more ballsy to start an actual thread dissing yourself in the title where everyone can read it.

    Again IMO... this thread shows that people really don't care about the apology, they're just using it as another opportunity to bash evince. You and I have been down this road before and are not going to change each other's opinions but I'll say it once more for the others... if you don't like what evince posts then put her on your ignore list already.
    #Not My President



    "Alabama was going to be hit or grazed, and then Hurricane Dorian took a different path (up along the East Coast). The Fake News knows this very well. That's why they're the Fake News!"





    "christiefan" stands for Agatha, not Chris

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

    ThatOwlWoman (03-18-2019)

  11. #37 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    53,094
    Thanks
    3,302
    Thanked 15,641 Times in 10,837 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 593 Times in 560 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    I read the thread where Mott corrected her. Maybe she just forgot to link up. If you guys were really interested in the thread, not just bashing evince, you could search Mott's posts from yesterday.

    I know people will acknowledge their errors inside a thread and am not criticizing that. You do it, I do it. But IMO it's a lot more ballsy to start an actual thread dissing yourself in the title where everyone can read it.

    Again IMO... this thread shows that people really don't care about the apology, they're just using it as another opportunity to bash evince. You and I have been down this road before and are not going to change each other's opinions but I'll say it once more for the others... if you don't like what evince posts then put her on your ignore list already.
    No disrespect to my Ohio brotheren Mott but I'm not looking through every thread posted yesterday to try and find her conversation with Mott.

    If I started a thread saying Superfreak schooled me when you be rushing in to say how great I was and singing the praises of my integrity? Probably not nor would you be expected to. And let's be honest, this whole board and politics is tribalism and a team sport. It just is. So saying someone on your own team taught you something isn't really going out on a limb. Acknowledging someone on the "other side" schooled you takes a whole lot more "guts" and integrity.

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

    Havana Moon (03-16-2019), Mott the Hoople (03-17-2019)

  13. #38 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    25,768
    Thanks
    9,990
    Thanked 12,985 Times in 6,600 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1,017 Times in 938 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    What other poster here has started threads acknowledging their screw ups?
    There are zero people who do that.

    I have seen Evince make this kinds of threads many times over the history of this board.

    And to me, the most impressive thing is not only her manner of admitting the mistake but expressing humility, remorse, and a capacity to learn from the mistake.

    You know who I have not seen express the slightest remorse or admission of a catastrophic blunder for supporting the Iraq War Disaster?

    Yep, that's right....99.999999 percent of conservative posters on jpp dot com

  14. The Following User Groans At Cypress For This Awful Post:

    Havana Moon (03-16-2019)

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

    evince (03-17-2019), ThatOwlWoman (03-18-2019)

  16. #39 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Steeler Nation
    Posts
    48,131
    Thanks
    34,687
    Thanked 22,872 Times in 16,349 Posts
    Groans
    3,478
    Groaned 2,274 Times in 2,170 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    No disrespect to my Ohio brotheren Mott but I'm not looking through every thread posted yesterday to try and find her conversation with Mott.

    If I started a thread saying Superfreak schooled me when you be rushing in to say how great I was and singing the praises of my integrity? Probably not nor would you be expected to. And let's be honest, this whole board and politics is tribalism and a team sport. It just is. So saying someone on your own team taught you something isn't really going out on a limb. Acknowledging someone on the "other side" schooled you takes a whole lot more "guts" and integrity.
    Well, here's a tip for the future... You click on someone's name (Mott) - view profile - find latest started threads. It narrows the searching a lot.

    I get your point about SF v. Mott. I might sing your praises if you were apologizing about a better quality poster than SF.
    #Not My President



    "Alabama was going to be hit or grazed, and then Hurricane Dorian took a different path (up along the East Coast). The Fake News knows this very well. That's why they're the Fake News!"





    "christiefan" stands for Agatha, not Chris

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

    Mott the Hoople (03-17-2019)

  18. #40 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    53,094
    Thanks
    3,302
    Thanked 15,641 Times in 10,837 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 593 Times in 560 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    Well, here's a tip for the future... You click on someone's name (Mott) - view profile - find latest started threads. It narrows the searching a lot.

    I get your point about SF v. Mott. I might sing your praises if you were apologizing about a better quality poster than SF.
    Thank you for the tip but did she state it was a thread Mott started?

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

    Mott the Hoople (03-17-2019)

  20. #41 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    17,810
    Thanks
    11,322
    Thanked 4,902 Times in 3,945 Posts
    Groans
    110
    Groaned 709 Times in 671 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Thank you for the tip but did she state it was a thread Mott started?
    She did not

  21. #42 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    18,992
    Thanks
    2,126
    Thanked 5,710 Times in 4,705 Posts
    Groans
    430
    Groaned 820 Times in 806 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    Seriously...she never mentioned what she "got wrong"...lol..pesky details...
    Top just had to go low,with the rest of the hate filled conservatives!A true sheep!
    Melchizedek

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MASON For This Post:

    christiefan915 (03-16-2019), ThatOwlWoman (03-18-2019)

  23. #43 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    18,992
    Thanks
    2,126
    Thanked 5,710 Times in 4,705 Posts
    Groans
    430
    Groaned 820 Times in 806 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    She did not
    I have never seen you apologize once in all the years,I have known you!
    BW
    Melchizedek

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MASON For This Post:

    evince (03-17-2019), ThatOwlWoman (03-18-2019)

  25. #44 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    74,705
    Thanks
    30,623
    Thanked 20,324 Times in 15,909 Posts
    Groans
    21,225
    Groaned 3,621 Times in 3,442 Posts
    Blog Entries
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    There are zero people who do that.

    I have seen Evince make this kinds of threads many times over the history of this board.

    And to me, the most impressive thing is not only her manner of admitting the mistake but expressing humility, remorse, and a capacity to learn from the mistake.

    You know who I have not seen express the slightest remorse or admission of a catastrophic blunder for supporting the Iraq War Disaster?

    Yep, that's right....99.999999 percent of conservative posters on jpp dot com
    Hell would freeze over before a sanctimonious twat like you would ever admit to.beimg wrong. As for Desh, she's almost always wrong about everything!!
    In rejecting their view [Spinoza, Leibnitz and Hegel], as I shall contend that we must, we are committing ourselves to the opinion that “truth” in empirical material has a meaning different from that which it bears in logic and mathematics.”

    Bertrand Russell, “An Inquiry Into Meaning & Truth” (1940)

  26. #45 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    74,705
    Thanks
    30,623
    Thanked 20,324 Times in 15,909 Posts
    Groans
    21,225
    Groaned 3,621 Times in 3,442 Posts
    Blog Entries
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kudzu View Post
    What did you get wrong?
    Just about every thing, she's an imbecile.
    In rejecting their view [Spinoza, Leibnitz and Hegel], as I shall contend that we must, we are committing ourselves to the opinion that “truth” in empirical material has a meaning different from that which it bears in logic and mathematics.”

    Bertrand Russell, “An Inquiry Into Meaning & Truth” (1940)

Similar Threads

  1. Mott, Mott, Mott...what's wrong with you?
    By Guille in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 12-07-2018, 07:55 AM
  2. Facts are facts... there are no "alternate facts"
    By Jarod in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 214
    Last Post: 01-24-2017, 10:32 AM
  3. Facts are facts... there are no "alternate facts"
    By Jarod in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 01-22-2017, 01:32 PM
  4. Some Myth Busting Facts About Mott The Hoople's Redneck War In Vietnam.
    By philly rabbit in forum General Politics Forum
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 02-05-2014, 08:48 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •