Thread: New Zealand mass shooting

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,172 Times in 10,390 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,876 Times in 4,194 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    Guess you missed the Vegas shootings. In case you didn't know it bumpstocks mimic machine guns and won't be outlawed in the US till later this month.
    Guess I didn’t, dumbfuck. Have someone explain the word “mimic” to you.

Illiterate fucktard

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,538 Times in 9,990 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,099 Times in 1,011 Posts

The NZ shooter's manifesto says he's an "ECO-FASCIST".
    Hmmm....Just like AOC and her "Green New Deal" supporters!!!

He hates capitalism, free markets, and free trade but he loves the Communist government and fascism.

Says in manifesto that he does not like Trump.
    Last edited by volsrock; 03-15-2019 at 11:00 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to volsrock For This Post:

Stretch (03-15-2019)

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,519 Times in 11,562 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    Guess I didn’t, dumbfuck. Have someone explain the word “mimic” to you.

Illiterate fucktard
    An M-16's rate of fire around 800 RPS while a bump stock AR-15 is only 700 RPS. Yea that maks a hell of a difference. Instead of killing 58 people with a full automatic he could have killed 60. BFD!

5. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,400 Times in 5,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,395 Times in 6,142 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Love America View Post
    don't worry, I won't be offering muslimes thoughts and prayers
    Americans would. You ain't no American.
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

6. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,520 Times in 5,217 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,477 Times in 2,299 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moon View Post
    Americans would. You ain't no American.
    Why would I offer thoughts and prayers to animals who follow the teachings of a pedophile? That makes no sense. They are lower than scum in my book.

Are you sad about New Zealand? Did you lose a fellow ISIS member?

7. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Well our friends on the left never fail to use a tragedy to slam conservatives. Instead of hopes and prayers to the victims and their families, what do we hear from the lefties here. ANTI-immigrant 28YR old with RACIST manifesto live streamed his rampage. Another Right Wing Conservative Terrorist Attack.

This is another example of how fractured liberalism has made this country. Instead of politics why don't you assholes so some humanity and compassion for a change?
    Tell us about the hopes and prayers your President left for the survivors of this tragedy? Look in the fucking mirror.

8. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    You're right. We should all be offering thoughts and prayers. They've proven SO effective in the past to soothe the grieving and prevent fresh tragedies like this.

BTW, this thread is politicizing a tragedy. Oops.
    You're absolutely right, we should be telling the victim's families, "meh, sorry 'bout your luck". That's sooo much more "soothing". Good fucking grief Owl.
    Every life matters

9. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

'It's like White ISIS'—white nationalism is the greatest threat to democracy

Those working their way through the fetid “manifesto” of the Christchurch, New Zealand, shooter have been quick to paint it as “lunatic rambling.” Others have pointed out that many of the statements included in the 74-page missive are based not on statements directly from Donald Trump, but on racist, white supremacist rhetoric that has been circulating for decades. But both analyses are way off base.

The document doesn’t, sadly enough, show the shooter as someone genuinely delusional or afflicted with mental illness. It shows him as the sort of garden-variety white, male, racist troll all too common on social media sites across the internet. His asides, nasty remarks, and claims to be everything from a “white Nelson Mandela” to a “Navy Seal” don’t come because he’s crazy. They come because he thinks they’re funny. He thinks spewing hatred and advocating genocide is just absolutely hilarious.

It’s also a mistake to dismiss a link between his racist statements and those made by Trump, just because the shooter seems to be citing older sources. That’s true enough. But Trump and the shooter are both working from the same sources, and both coming up with the same answers.

Here’s what Donald Trump has said, as compiled by NYU journalism professor Mohamad Bazzi:

“I think Islam hates us.” — CNN, Mar 2016
    “If you have people coming out of mosques with hatred and death in their eyes and on their minds, we’re going to have to do something.” — CBS, Dec. 2015
    “You have to deal with the mosques, whether we like it or not, I mean, you know, these attacks aren't coming out of — they're not done by Swedish people” — Fox, Mar 2016

And that’s just on the subject of mosques. It doesn’t touch on the hundreds of times that Trump has railed against immigration, or called non-whites entering the country “an invasion.” In fact, that’s exactly how Trump began his campaign, by painting immigrants as “rapists” and criminals. And, of course, it’s the theme behind his attempted multi-billion dollar theft to build his wall.

Trump may not have written the white supremacist hymnal, but he sings from it loudly, clearly, and often. From Europe, across America, and in New Zealand racists hear Trump’s words and find not just comfort in his reflection of their own bigoted opinions, but encouragement to act. Because every day, in every way, Trump is encouraging violence. ~ Mark Sumner

10. The Following User Says Thank You to reagansghost For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (03-15-2019)

11. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,492 Times in 52,722 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    You're absolutely right, we should be telling the victim's families, "meh, sorry 'bout your luck". That's sooo much more "soothing". Good fucking grief Owl.
    Well, get down on those knees then, and knock yourself out.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

moon (03-15-2019)

13. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Well, get down on those knees then, and knock yourself out.
    What exactly is the purpose of mocking people of Faith? What would you like to be done in regards to the New Zealand shooting? Stricter gun laws?
    Every life matters

14. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

An M-16's rate of fire around 800 RPS while a bump stock AR-15 is only 700 RPS. Yea that maks a hell of a difference. Instead of killing 58 people with a full automatic he could have killed 60. BFD!
    Since you failed to understand that simple question, dumbfuck, I’ll ask again.

Why haven’t there been shootings with MACHINE GUNS?

I’ll toss in another one you can drool about:

Why are gun death rates so much lower in industrialized countries with strict gun control.

Spare me your “could have” bullshit next time, dumbfuck.

But, I’ll still wait for your continuing babble. Or are you going to run away like you did on the “Not My President” thread?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to domer76 For This Post:

Cypress (03-15-2019)

16. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Love America View Post
    Why would I offer thoughts and prayers to animals who follow the teachings of a pedophile? That makes no sense. They are lower than scum in my book.

Are you sad about New Zealand? Did you lose a fellow ISIS member?
    ^White ISIS

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to domer76 For This Post:

Cypress (03-15-2019), ThatOwlWoman (03-15-2019)

18. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,400 Times in 5,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,395 Times in 6,142 Posts
    Blog Entries

What exactly is the purpose of mocking people of Faith? What would you like to be done in regards to the New Zealand shooting? Stricter gun laws?
    Aye to that. Invoking Him beyond the satellite belt doesn't work. They're not His guns. They're your guns. It ain't His law. It's your law. It ain't His shame- it's yours.
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to moon For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (03-15-2019)

20. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,492 Times in 52,722 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Simply stating that thoughts and prayers are useless except to the thinkers and prayers is not mocking anyone; it's stating an opinion. I'm sure plenty of Muslims are praying today too -- but for naught. I don't know what NZ's gun laws are, but definitely that could be looked at. So could better monitoring of extremists and extremist groups; those ppl don't operate in a vacuum. Encourage citizens to come forward if they hear discussions and plans being made, like we do with our h.s. kids here. Concrete things for the victims -- help paying for funerals, medical bills for the survivors, gifts or toys for the bereaved children. For ppl who live there, sharing of hugs and shoulders to cry on. Encourage NZ citizens to contact their legislators to work on better gun regulations, if needed.

Your thoughts and prayers are mainly just so you can feel good that you "did something." Now you're off the hook with the gods, and can go about your daily lives -- rather than doing something about the horrible gun violence in *our* country.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

moon (03-15-2019)

22. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Simply stating that thoughts and prayers are useless except to the thinkers and prayers is not mocking anyone; it's stating an opinion. I'm sure plenty of Muslims are praying today too -- but for naught. I don't know what NZ's gun laws are, but definitely that could be looked at. So could better monitoring of extremists and extremist groups; those ppl don't operate in a vacuum. Encourage citizens to come forward if they hear discussions and plans being made, like we do with our h.s. kids here. Concrete things for the victims -- help paying for funerals, medical bills for the survivors, gifts or toys for the bereaved children. For ppl who live there, sharing of hugs and shoulders to cry on. Encourage NZ citizens to contact their legislators to work on better gun regulations, if needed.

Your thoughts and prayers are mainly just so you can feel good that you "did something." Now you're off the hook with the gods, and can go about your daily lives -- rather than doing something about the horrible gun violence in *our* country.
    What an absolute load of horseshit.
    Every life matters