Groans
    Groaned 102 Times in 89 Posts

Default May’s Mayhem

I do not know how the average Brit can keep track of Brexit:

Stumbling toward a Brexit Disappointment
    By The Editors
    March 13, 2019 4:19 PM

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/...isappointment/

May’s mayhem is all too much for this colonist to decode, while I admit that settling Brexit is the only thing I am interested in.

Our own news reporting offer damn little that keeps me awake longer than it takes to read a headline on social media. As soon as I read that a plane crashed in Ethiopia I dozed off. I am only speaking for myself when I say that I do not give a rat’s ass about planes crashing on the other side of the world, while I know that the Boeing 737 Max 8 will keep media motor-mouths busy for at least six months.

Boeing should take my advice and hire Tattoo. At least that plane landed safely once a week:

https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...70#post2838970
    The basic test of freedom is perhaps less in what we are free to do than in what we are free not to do. It is the freedom to refrain, withdraw and abstain which makes a totalitarian regime impossible. Eric Hoffer

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Flanders For This Post:

Tranquillus in Exile (03-15-2019)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,324 Times in 2,774 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 209 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flanders View Post
    I do not know how the average Brit can keep track of Brexit
    Some of these proceedings can be funny if you have a quirky sense of humor.

The main business yesterday was a government motion to postpone Brexit until after March 29, so Mrs May could have another shot at getting her Withdrawal Agreement agreed.

The debate was closed for the government by Stephen Barclay, Secretary for Brexit, who told MPs it was time for the House to act in the national interest and commended the Prime Minister's motion.

Then he voted against it. (He's still in office.)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tranquillus in Exile For This Post:

Flanders (03-16-2019)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I do not know how the average Brit can keep track of Brexit:

Scratch March 29 off your calendar. It looks like the end has been postponed again:

UPDATE:Nigel Farage has announced that he will be standing as leader of the Brexit Party, after Prime Minister Theresa May succeeded in cancelling Brexit Day. The Brexit Party MEP confirmed, “I will take over as leader of the Brexit Party and I will lead this party into the European elections.”

Britain’s Prime Minister Theresa May claims she’s on the side of the public when it comes to Brexit, but other than her tennis match with Parliament, nothing ever seems to happen.

Her unacceptable ‘deal’ to leave the EU continues to be rejected. Why can’t Britain just leave with no deal? The globalists claim it would be economically disastrous. Maybe, for them.

The pro-Brexit Nigel Farage is disgusted that May rules out leaving the EU without a deal. He called the Prime Minister’s performance “appalling and pathetic.”

It has been nearly three years since Brexit was passed by British citizens, but little progress has been made on actually exiting. British citizens have for too long experienced taxation without representation. They have become slaves to the dictates of gray bureaucrats in the globalist de facto capitol, Brussels. Ignoring the millions of voters who want Brexit is courting danger—maybe even a revolution.

Think France.

It’s time for Britain to ‘walk away’ from the EU. Instead, they’re walking into another variation of the EU cage by means of trickery and delay tactics.
    The basic test of freedom is perhaps less in what we are free to do than in what we are free not to do. It is the freedom to refrain, withdraw and abstain which makes a totalitarian regime impossible. Eric Hoffer

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,834 Times in 17,265 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,601 Times in 4,278 Posts

May and the politically and financially astute in the UK know that Brexit will be very harmful to their economy. Yet the people voted for it. What does a PM do in these circumstances? Does she just say ,OK that is what you want, let's go full lemming and jump off the cliff? She has cover if she does that. Not her fault. If she decides not to, then she has full responsibility, not only for the economic problems but for not following the vote of the people.
    The only answer is a new vote.

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

May’s mayhem is all too much for this colonist to decode, while I admit that settling Brexit is the only thing I am interested in.
    I have a funny feeling that it will take Brits a long to see the end of May if she negotiates her departure:

In her remarks outside the Prime Minister’s official residence, Theresa May said she had “done her best”, and “everything I can” to deliver Brexit by negotiating a deal with the European Union, but conceded “sadly I was not able to do so”.

Finally! UK Prime Minister Theresa May Announces Resignation After Three-Year Brexit Failure
    by OLIVER JJ LANE
    24 May 2019

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/201...rexit-failure/

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Flanders For This Post:

Minister of Truth (05-24-2019)

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,456 Times in 2,386 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 941 Times in 861 Posts

Mrs May made the mistake of trying to carry out the alleged 'will of the people' in a party where an active minority want to destroy the country and starve the population. It has always been the tories' subconscious aim, and now they are getting to work on it seriously. That's 'direct democracy' for you: it stops suicide being a merely individual project.