Thread: Immigration

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,229 Times in 809 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 176 Times in 163 Posts

Default Immigration

'Within a decade, the foreign-born percentage of the U.S. population will surpass its previous all-time peak — and then keep rising.'

I thought this OP important enough for APP section. Certainly a complicated topic. Comments welcome from all.

"But large-scale immigration also comes with considerable social and political costs, and those must be accounted for. In November 2018, Hillary Clinton delivered a warning to Europeans that mass immigration was weakening democracy. “I think Europe needs to get a handle on migration, because that is what lit the flame,” Clinton said, referring to the upsurge of far-right populism destabilizing countries such as France and Hungary. “I admire the very generous and compassionate approaches that were taken, particularly by leaders like Angela Merkel, but I think it is fair to say Europe has done its part, and must send a very clear message—‘We are not going to be able to continue to provide refuge and support’—because if we don’t deal with the migration issue, it will continue to roil the body politic.”"

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...o-much/583252/

"We should put hardworking families first by voting on legislation to create jobs, raise wages, provide equal pay for women, invest in education, protect voting rights, and pass comprehensive immigration reform." Jan Schakowsky
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

Stop illegal immigration and the problem goes away.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,229 Times in 809 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 176 Times in 163 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul View Post
    Stop illegal immigration and the problem goes away.
    If you had read the article you would have seen immigration is more complex and stopping illegals is a small piece of the puzzle. Read it.
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,967 Times in 32,282 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

why do lib'ruls think the issue of ILLEGAL immigration has any relation to the issue of immigration........any rational person realizes that the issue is the "illegal".........

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

MAGA MAN (03-18-2019)

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    If you had read the article you would have seen immigration is more complex and stopping illegals is a small piece of the puzzle. Read it.
    You always thinks problems are massively complex, when in fact they are simple.

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    'Within a decade, the foreign-born percentage of the U.S. population will surpass its previous all-time peak — and then keep rising.'

I thought this OP important enough for APP section. Certainly a complicated topic. Comments welcome from all.

"But large-scale immigration also comes with considerable social and political costs, and those must be accounted for. In November 2018, Hillary Clinton delivered a warning to Europeans that mass immigration was weakening democracy. “I think Europe needs to get a handle on migration, because that is what lit the flame,” Clinton said, referring to the upsurge of far-right populism destabilizing countries such as France and Hungary. “I admire the very generous and compassionate approaches that were taken, particularly by leaders like Angela Merkel, but I think it is fair to say Europe has done its part, and must send a very clear message—‘We are not going to be able to continue to provide refuge and support’—because if we don’t deal with the migration issue, it will continue to roil the body politic.”"

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...o-much/583252/

"We should put hardworking families first by voting on legislation to create jobs, raise wages, provide equal pay for women, invest in education, protect voting rights, and pass comprehensive immigration reform." Jan Schakowsky
    I wish Hillary Clinton had the same attitude about immigration in America.