Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Results 91 to 100 of 100

Thread: Congresswoman allows terrorist group in her office

  1. #91 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    30,295
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Watermark View Post
    You post shit like this all the time and you're so "shocked" and "appalled" that someone actually goes out and does what you fucking call for every fucking day you fucking monster. You killed that little girl. Blow your worthless brain out you mindless savage.
    Cry harder, Watermark - or better yet, post another online threat that the feds can ask you about - again.

  2. #92 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    59,119
    Thanks
    6,839
    Thanked 8,516 Times in 5,919 Posts
    Groans
    5,165
    Groaned 1,327 Times in 1,254 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    That little girl won't ever get elected to any higher office ILA, congrats right? Piece of fucking shit animal you are. You subhuman garbage.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

  3. #93 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    4,348
    Thanks
    144
    Thanked 1,007 Times in 839 Posts
    Groans
    15
    Groaned 43 Times in 43 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    I'm not sure that's correct.
    Sure it is. You are imposing a religious test by excluding anyone because of their religion. Could you ban both Muslims and Christians?

  4. #94 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    30,295
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Watermark View Post
    That little girl won't ever get elected to any higher office ILA, congrats right? Piece of fucking shit animal you are. You subhuman garbage.
    Keep crying, Watermark. I bathe frolicsomely in your tears.

  5. #95 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    30,295
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Sure it is.
    Can you cite any pertinent cases that support that interpretation?

  6. #96 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    4,348
    Thanks
    144
    Thanked 1,007 Times in 839 Posts
    Groans
    15
    Groaned 43 Times in 43 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Can you cite any pertinent cases that support that interpretation?
    No. There has been only one case I am aware of that deals with that provision. The original interpretation was that it only applied to federal offices. But the case of Torcaso v. Watkins (1961) extended it to the states. It also said "Not even a simple profession of belief in God could be required."

    That doesn't deal with the specific issue of excluding any religion, but other issues would also prohibit such action. For example, where does Congress get the constitutional power to determine who is qualified to hold public office? Conservatives such as yourself usually oppose giving the government power not specifically enumerated.

    Congress cannot add additional requirements to things listed in the Constitution (Marbury v. Madison). For example, the are no requirements for being a Supreme Court justice. It is doubtful Congress could add any requirements (citizenship, age).

    The federal government must follow the equal protection doctrine of the 14th Amendment. If states and the federal government cannot discriminate on the basis of of race, gender, etc. it cannot discriminate on the basis of religion (1st Amendment and Washington v. Trump).

    https://www.heritage.org/constitutio...religious-test

  7. #97 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    30,295
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    No. There has been only one case I am aware of that deals with that provision. The original interpretation was that it only applied to federal offices. But the case of Torcaso v. Watkins (1961) extended it to the states. It also said "Not even a simple profession of belief in God could be required."

    That doesn't deal with the specific issue of excluding any religion, but other issues would also prohibit such action. For example, where does Congress get the constitutional power to determine who is qualified to hold public office? Conservatives such as yourself usually oppose giving the government power not specifically enumerated.

    Congress cannot add additional requirements to things listed in the Constitution (Marbury v. Madison). For example, the are no requirements for being a Supreme Court justice. It is doubtful Congress could add any requirements (citizenship, age).

    The federal government must follow the equal protection doctrine of the 14th Amendment. If states and the federal government cannot discriminate on the basis of of race, gender, etc. it cannot discriminate on the basis of religion (1st Amendment and Washington v. Trump).

    https://www.heritage.org/constitutio...religious-test

    I didn't say that Congress should exclude Muslims from public office.

  8. #98 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    4,348
    Thanks
    144
    Thanked 1,007 Times in 839 Posts
    Groans
    15
    Groaned 43 Times in 43 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    I didn't say that Congress should exclude Muslims from public office.
    If a person advocates excluding Muslims from holding office (I Love America), Congress would have to pass such a law or propose an amendment to make that happen.

    How else could it be done?

  9. #99 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    30,295
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    If a person advocates excluding Muslims from holding office (I Love America), Congress would have to pass such a law or propose an amendment to make that happen. How else could it be done?
    By a Constitutional amendment. Theoretically Congress could propose an amendment with a 2/3 majority in both houses, or 2/3 of the state legislatures could convene a constitutional convention.

    Neither scenario is likely, IMO.

  10. #100 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    4,348
    Thanks
    144
    Thanked 1,007 Times in 839 Posts
    Groans
    15
    Groaned 43 Times in 43 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    By a Constitutional amendment. Theoretically Congress could propose an amendment with a 2/3 majority in both houses, or 2/3 of the state legislatures could convene a constitutional convention.

    Neither scenario is likely, IMO.
    I hope not. We don't need a constitution that allows discrimination based on religion because some don't know the difference between Islam and Islamists.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-01-2019, 10:53 AM
  2. Democrat party terrorist group ANTIFA cheers McCain's death
    By Teflon Don in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-27-2018, 04:51 PM
  3. Deranged fascist terrorist group to launch attack on 24 million Americans
    By New! Imperialism and Genocide™ in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-13-2017, 05:58 PM
  4. Twitter gives official "verified" badge to terrorist group, but bans conservatives
    By BillyShouldPostMore in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-09-2017, 04:34 AM
  5. APP - when is a terrorist group not a terrorist group
    By Don Quixote in forum Above Plain Politics Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-03-2011, 10:25 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •