Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: To the pro-lifers

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Angry To the pro-lifers

Why do most of you accept abortion in the case of rape? It's still killing the baby. It's still a baby. How does rape magically change that?

And when the mother's life is in danger. Notice how everyone says "when the mother's life is in danger" and not "when both the mother and unborn's lives are in danger"? The mother is choosing to save her own life and kill the baby. It's still killing the baby! Doesn't sound very pro-life like to me.
    "And damned right I compare pro-abortion to pro-slavery." - Good Luck

"In the first place, as I have carefully explained, I did NOT compare abortion to the holocaust or slavery." - Good Luck after I showed his offensive remarks to everyone

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

If you agree with abortion you are Hitler.

FUK U HITLER!

See, I win. Irrefutable argument.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 33 Times in 24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KingRaw! View Post
    Why do most of you accept abortion in the case of rape? It's still killing the baby. It's still a baby. How does rape magically change that?

And when the mother's life is in danger. Notice how everyone says "when the mother's life is in danger" and not "when both the mother and unborn's lives are in danger"? The mother is choosing to save her own life and kill the baby. It's still killing the baby! Doesn't sound very pro-life like to me.
    To the first question, I do not know why some pro life advocates make exceptions for babies conceived in rape. As far as I am concerned, aborting is giving the child a death sentence for the sin of the father.

To the second question, if a criminal becomes a significant threat to my life, I have the right to kill them in self defense. Though an unborn child is not at fault, some pregnancies are impossible to bring to term without killing the mother. They threaten the mother's life. She also has the right to kill in self defense. But the threat would have to be significant and not based on some "what if this happens" type of excuse. Just as I would have to show that my life was truly in immediate danger from the criminal, and not based on what I thought he might do to me sometime in the future.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Good Luck View Post

To the second question, if a criminal becomes a significant threat to my life, I have the right to kill them in self defense. Though an unborn child is not at fault, some pregnancies are impossible to bring to term without killing the mother. They threaten the mother's life. She also has the right to kill in self defense. But the threat would have to be significant and not based on some "what if this happens" type of excuse. Just as I would have to show that my life was truly in immediate danger from the criminal, and not based on what I thought he might do to me sometime in the future.
    I really think America has a right to kill you in self-defense from idiocy.
    Last edited by FUCK THE POLICE; 05-31-2008 at 05:26 AM.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,090 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 278 Times in 249 Posts

men discussing a process that can only happen to women do not have a right to weigh in on a what woman should or should not do with their body or its contents with regard to pregnancy
    I pledge allegiance to the constitution of the United States of America as amended by the legislative and executive branches and interpreted by the Supreme Court

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DonQuixote View Post
    men discussing a process that can only happen to women do not have a right to weigh in on a what woman should or should not do with their body or its contents with regard to pregnancy
    I agree with the Don.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

That is all well and good if we were talking ONLY about one body. What you - and every other "pro-choice" advocate ignores is the pro-life advocates are NOT talking about the woman's body. We are talking about the LIFE of a human child. Acting like there is only one human life involved is the perpetual lie of abortionists.

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,090 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 278 Times in 249 Posts

That is all well and good if we were talking ONLY about one body. What you - and every other "pro-choice" advocate ignores is the pro-life advocates are NOT talking about the woman's body. We are talking about the LIFE of a human child. Acting like there is only one human life involved is the perpetual lie of abortionists.
    gl

without the woman there would be no baby - i still say that men do not get a say

when you can have children then you are entitled to weigh in
    I pledge allegiance to the constitution of the United States of America as amended by the legislative and executive branches and interpreted by the Supreme Court

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,120 Times in 940 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,063 Times in 960 Posts

Because rape is a crime perpetrated on an innocent victim, who had no choice in whether or not they became impregnated, and were violated by a criminal. I believe in a woman's right to choose, although I don't believe in unlimited choice. They should be able to choose to engage in sexual activity which causes pregnancy. Once that decision is made, they shouldn't be allowed another choice to terminate the life resulting from the first choice.

Life of the Mother, again, it comes down to a woman's right to choose. In this case, she should be allowed to choose whether or not to risk her life to save another. Incidentally, many women make this very sacrifice every year, and up until the last century, it was quite common for a mother to die as a result of child birth.

Neither of these positions "magically change" a living fetus to anything other than what it is, a living human being. Nothing can "magically change" this, because it is biology. At point of conception, an independent living human organism results, and what it is, a human being, never changes.

Exceptions to allow the termination of human life, are made every day. We have exceptions for executions, self-defense, line of duty for police, justifiable homicide, and in some cases like Terri Schiavo, euthanasia. So, we have societal justifications for terminating human life, but these are exceptional circumstances, and the moral argument has to prevail when rationalizing these exceptions. Just as Ethnic Cleansing is not an appropriate justification for ending life, neither is Birth Control.
    Last edited by Dixie - In Memoriam; 05-31-2008 at 11:13 AM.

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

Yeah, its like Northern Capitalists talking about the property of Southern Planters. Why don't they mind their own damn business?!?

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Angry

First you compare pro-choicers to pro-slavery people, now you're comparing killing a baby to killing a criminal! Whatever!!!!! So it's everyone for themselves? It's either me or you! I can defend myself by having an abortion but you can't defend yourself at all so I win and you die. That is the most harsh, cruel, unpro-life thing I have ever heard! The woman is choosing to kill her child so she can save her own neck! I take it back. It is pro-life.....pro-life for her! Most pro-lifers are super religious so why interfere with God's plan? He wants the kid to live and you to die so why defy him?

Because rape is a crime perpetrated on an innocent victim, who had no choice in whether or not they became impregnated, and were violated by a criminal. I believe in a woman's right to choose, although I don't believe in unlimited choice. They should be able to choose to engage in sexual activity which causes pregnancy. Once that decision is made, they shouldn't be allowed another choice to terminate the life resulting from the first choice.

So let me get this straight Dixie. It's not killing the baby itself that determines whether or not abortion is ok, but instead the mother having consentual sex or not? Rape doesn't make the baby evil so when you have an abortion, you are killing an innocent baby! Why does rape magically change that? Because of unwanted sex? That's just an excuse! Just like "the condom or pill failed me" or "we will go into poverty". What's the thing you tell the pro-choicers who make those arguments? "Don't have sex if you don't want to get pregnant" Well Dixie, don't put yourself in a situation to get raped if you don't want to get pregnant!

Neither of these positions "magically change" a living fetus to anything other than what it is, a living human being. Nothing can "magically change" this, because it is biology. At point of conception, an independent living human organism results, and what it is, a human being, never changes.

MEANING YOU ARE GIVING EXCUSES TO KILL AN INNOCENT BABY!

Exceptions to allow the termination of human life, are made every day. We have exceptions for executions, self-defense, line of duty for police, justifiable homicide, and in some cases like Terri Schiavo, euthanasia. So, we have societal justifications for terminating human life, but these are exceptional circumstances, and the moral argument has to prevail when rationalizing these exceptions. Just as Ethnic Cleansing is not an appropriate justification for ending life, neither is Birth Control.

But those criminals we execute are monsters! babies aren't. Birth control is a bad reason for having an abortion but rape isn't? You make no sense! In both cases, the mom isn't trying to get pregnant but she does anyway. In both cases the unborn is still an innocent baby. But rape means it's ok to kill it and the pill isn't. Complete hypocrisy!

"In the first place, as I have carefully explained, I did NOT compare abortion to the holocaust or slavery." - Good Luck after I showed his offensive remarks to everyone

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

gl

without the woman there would be no baby - i still say that men do not get a say

when you can have children then you are entitled to weigh in
    You can say what you want. I will continue to fight for the lives of the unborn. One does not need a uterus to care about the lives of children.

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Default Why?

First you compare pro-choicers to pro-slavery people, now you're comparing killing a baby to killing a criminal! Whatever!!!!! So it's everyone for themselves? It's either me or you! I can defend myself by having an abortion but you can't defend yourself at all so I win and you die. That is the most harsh, cruel, unpro-life thing I have ever heard! The woman is choosing to kill her child so she can save her own neck! I take it back. It is pro-life.....pro-life for her! Most pro-lifers are super religious so why interfere with God's plan? He wants the kid to live and you to die so why defy him?

So let me get this straight Dixie. It's not killing the baby itself that determines whether or not abortion is ok, but instead the mother having consentual sex or not? Rape doesn't make the baby evil so when you have an abortion, you are killing an innocent baby! Why does rape magically change that? Because of unwanted sex? That's just an excuse! Just like "the condom or pill failed me" or "we will go into poverty". What's the thing you tell the pro-choicers who make those arguments? "Don't have sex if you don't want to get pregnant" Well Dixie, don't put yourself in a situation to get raped if you don't want to get pregnant!

MEANING YOU ARE GIVING EXCUSES TO KILL AN INNOCENT BABY!

But those criminals we execute are monsters! babies aren't. Birth control is a bad reason for having an abortion but rape isn't? You make no sense! In both cases, the mom isn't trying to get pregnant but she does anyway. In both cases the unborn is still an innocent baby. But rape means it's ok to kill it and the pill isn't. Complete hypocrisy!
    do I get the impression you are a gay rapist?are you serving time somewhere?
    BBQ burgers,summer nights and a cold beer to die for!
    http:trollbridge.forumcircle.com

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Angry

You can say what you want. I will continue to fight for the lives of the unborn. One does not need a uterus to care about the lives of children.
    Even though we are polar opposites on abortion, I agree with you on that GL. That guy is just trying to avoid the subject by his "You don't know personally" bs.

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by TBT View Post
    do I get the impression you are a gay rapist?are you serving time somewhere?
    Well I am a liberal so what do you think?