Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,617 Times in 17,056 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by katzgar View Post
    you are being stupid again
    And you aren't?
    What has been achieved? What has been achieved from prior acts of violence? You idiots and your violence can't even get the state government's attention. What are you trying to prove? If this is what it's about, blacks have every chance of making themselves successful as whites. There are a lot of blacks who attend colleges, smart ones too. You would think smart enough to know they are fortunate, not cry about the past.

Funny thing is, you're praising one of the most diverse schools in the country.

https://www.collegefactual.com/colle...ife/diversity/
    BE A REBEL
    http://admissions.olemiss.edu/
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

Truth Detector (03-07-2019)

3. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,630 Times in 11,620 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    The people complaining are only conservative southern Republicans and the reason they are complaining is because they identify
    with the lost cause of slavery as their personal heritage and see removal of statues lauding and magnifying their forefathers as
    evidence of decline and fall of their power and importance in the USA and evidence of victory of minorities over them.

That's why.
    Funny the polls don't show that!

"In a new HuffPost/YouGov poll, a third of Americans favor removing statues and memorials of Confederate leaders, with 49 percent opposed. Just 29 percent of Americans favor changing the names of streets, schools and buildings commemorating Confederate leaders, while half are opposed.Opinions on the Confederate memorials are divided along racial lines, but to an even greater degree along political ones. Black Americans are 18 percentage points likelier than white Americans to favor removing statues of Confederate leaders ― but the gap between Democrats and Republicans on the question is 46 points. And the difference between Hillary Clinton voters and those who supported President Donald Trump in last year’s election is a full 58 points.
    Within the Democratic Party, white and black people are about equally likely to favor removing the statues: 64 percent and 63 percent, respectively, say they’d like to see them taken down. There are differences, however, by ideology among the party’s members ― 77 percent of self-described liberal Democrats, but just 40 percent of self-described moderates or conservatives ― want to see the statues removed.
    Most other surveys released in the past few weeks find at best modest support for removing Confederate memorials, although two distinctively-worded questions stand out in these results."
    https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b05710aa59841c

"A majority of Americans want to preserve Confederate monuments: Reuters/Ipsos poll
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1B12EG

"Oklahomans want Confederate statues, named schools to remain as historical symbols"
    https://soonerpoll.com/oklahomans-wa...rical-symbols/

Well so much for your conservative southern Republicans BULLSHIT!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Eagle_Eye For This Post:

Truth Detector (03-07-2019)

5. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,456 Times in 2,386 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 941 Times in 861 Posts

Fifty-one per cent of American voters and 100% of Republicans believe their arse is their elbow. Heil Trumpf!

6. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,626 Times in 7,127 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,985 Times in 2,707 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    And you aren't?
    What has been achieved? What has been achieved from prior acts of violence? You idiots and your violence can't even get the state government's attention. What are you trying to prove? If this is what it's about, blacks have every chance of making themselves successful as whites. There are a lot of blacks who attend colleges, smart ones too. You would think smart enough to know they are fortunate, not cry about the past.

Funny thing is, you're praising one of the most diverse schools in the country.

https://www.collegefactual.com/colle...ife/diversity/
    BE A REBEL
    http://admissions.olemiss.edu/

What is achieved is monuments to traitors are coming down

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to katzgar For This Post:

Jade Dragon (03-07-2019), LV426 (03-07-2019), ThatOwlWoman (03-07-2019)

8. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Tear down bigoted Omar then..........a living monument to the present.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

9. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,626 Times in 7,127 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,985 Times in 2,707 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    Funny the polls don't show that!

"In a new HuffPost/YouGov poll, a third of Americans favor removing statues and memorials of Confederate leaders, with 49 percent opposed. Just 29 percent of Americans favor changing the names of streets, schools and buildings commemorating Confederate leaders, while half are opposed.Opinions on the Confederate memorials are divided along racial lines, but to an even greater degree along political ones. Black Americans are 18 percentage points likelier than white Americans to favor removing statues of Confederate leaders ― but the gap between Democrats and Republicans on the question is 46 points. And the difference between Hillary Clinton voters and those who supported President Donald Trump in last year’s election is a full 58 points.
    Within the Democratic Party, white and black people are about equally likely to favor removing the statues: 64 percent and 63 percent, respectively, say they’d like to see them taken down. There are differences, however, by ideology among the party’s members ― 77 percent of self-described liberal Democrats, but just 40 percent of self-described moderates or conservatives ― want to see the statues removed.
    Most other surveys released in the past few weeks find at best modest support for removing Confederate memorials, although two distinctively-worded questions stand out in these results."
    https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b05710aa59841c

"A majority of Americans want to preserve Confederate monuments: Reuters/Ipsos poll
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1B12EG

"Oklahomans want Confederate statues, named schools to remain as historical symbols"
    https://soonerpoll.com/oklahomans-wa...rical-symbols/

Well so much for your conservative southern Republicans BULLSHIT!

You are being dishonest but you likely know that

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to katzgar For This Post:

Jade Dragon (03-07-2019), ThatOwlWoman (03-07-2019)

11. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,424 Times in 10,050 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

FUCK! NOW I CAN'T REMEMBER WHO LOST THE CIVIL WAR!
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

12. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (03-07-2019)

13. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    Tear down bigoted Omar then..........a living monument to the present.
    Since we're tearing down bigots, might as well tear down Fox News, Breitbart, Evangelical Christianity, the NRA, the GOP, Trump, and Conservatism in general.

14. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,630 Times in 11,620 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by katzgar View Post
    You are being dishonest but you likely know that
    Sorry ass hole the polls say you are full of shit so just accept the truth you are fucking wrong plain and simple.

15. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    The people complaining are only conservative southern Republicans and the reason they are complaining is because they identify
    with the lost cause of slavery as their personal heritage and see removal of statues lauding and magnifying their forefathers as
    evidence of decline and fall of their power and importance in the USA and evidence of victory of minorities over them.

That's why.
    I'm a conservative Southern Republican and I'm not complaining. I'm just commenting that Democrats are trying to erase their history.

16. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

What has been achieved? What has been achieved from prior acts of violence?
    What is achieved by celebrating the people who turned their backs on this country, its people, and the Constitution all to preserve slavery?

Why shouldn't there be a violent takedown of those institutions?

I say dig up all the graves of Confederate traitors at Arlington -and elsewhere- and dump whatever remains into the Potomac.

Traitors don't get to rest in peace.

17. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    The Democrats did.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to MAGA MAN For This Post:

Stretch (03-07-2019)

19. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You idiots and your violence can't even get the state government's attention.
    Seems to be working as one racist monument after another comes tumbling down.

You're replying to an OP about that very thing, by the way.

So you're here saying that violent takedowns of Conservative monuments aren't getting state government attention, yet every week we read about another state or local government erasing the glory of Conservative Confederates.

So what the hell, bruh?

20. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

If this is what it's about, blacks have every chance of making themselves successful as whites.
    Not at all. 300 years of slavery, 100 years of Jim Crow, and 50 years of mass incarceration seem to indicate differently.

Do you think racism was solved in this country? If so, when why are black men and women still being killed by police? Why are black borrowers subject to higher interest rates than white borrowers?

To deny institutional racism is to deny America itself.

There are a lot of blacks who attend colleges, smart ones too. You would think smart enough to know they are fortunate, not cry about the past.
    You're the ones crying about the past when the monuments to your glorified traitors get torn down.

So if a monument to a Conservative traitor is torn down, will you suddenly forget what side lost the Civil War?

If so, you need to see a doctor because you probably have brain damage or a tumor.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

iolo (03-08-2019), ThatOwlWoman (03-07-2019)

22. #45 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,617 Times in 17,056 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    You never knew.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.