Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930 LastLast
Results 406 to 420 of 443

Thread: Another Traitor Monument Comes Down

  1. #406 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    36,444
    Thanks
    159
    Thanked 4,474 Times in 4,063 Posts
    Groans
    12
    Groaned 379 Times in 368 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CharacterAssassin View Post
    Still have you jumping like a trained monkey.
    Yes I do, boy and you know it.

    If you can't take it, don't dish it out.

  2. #407 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    3,715
    Thanks
    1,002
    Thanked 1,108 Times in 802 Posts
    Groans
    19
    Groaned 219 Times in 208 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    Yes I do, boy and you know it.

    If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
    Yes I do, boy and you know it.

    If you can't take it, don't dish it out.

  3. #408 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Federal Way, WA
    Posts
    57,341
    Thanks
    15,677
    Thanked 14,668 Times in 10,999 Posts
    Groans
    621
    Groaned 996 Times in 946 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    The south never "attempted to alter the country," it wanted to become a country in and of it's own.
    It's today's far left who want to alter the country. If they get their way, this country will implode.

    Tell us, why have these old monuments, all of a sudden, become offensive? Is it that the left
    wishes to ignite a new round of racial tensions? It seems to be working, many say everyone who
    is a conservative, and especially anyone who supports Trump, are bitter old white racists.
    Keep in mind, referring to us as uneducated deploreables didn't work in 2016.
    Attempting to subvert the Constitution is an attempt to fundamentally alter the country. The monuments have been offensive since the ink dried at Appomattox Courthouse. As for Trump, he is clearly a racist, given the birther movement. By adopting him as your choice for the GOP nomination, you exposed us all to criticism, rather than the usual BS that the left hurled at us.
    DRINK MOR KOFFEE


  4. #409 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Living in rural America "clinging to my God and Guns"
    Posts
    8,638
    Thanks
    816
    Thanked 5,255 Times in 3,896 Posts
    Groans
    23
    Groaned 150 Times in 143 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Howard the Duck View Post
    Attempting to subvert the Constitution is an attempt to fundamentally alter the country. The monuments have been offensive since the ink dried at Appomattox Courthouse. As for Trump, he is clearly a racist, given the birther movement. By adopting him as your choice for the GOP nomination, you exposed us all to criticism, rather than the usual BS that the left hurled at us.
    Bullshit. Changing the goalposts clearly shows you've lost the argument.
    Truth is, you pussy-assed crybabies have no legitimate reason to hate
    these monuments, other than to start a racial divide in this country
    because you lost an election and can't admit it. You're scumbag losers.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

  5. #410 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    71,190
    Thanks
    27,337
    Thanked 18,246 Times in 14,462 Posts
    Groans
    17,560
    Groaned 3,509 Times in 3,333 Posts
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    So….according to you....its perfectly acceptable to use one totalitarian nation (Egypt) and its child and slave labor to replace the slave produced cotton from the south? Its not like the supposed father of modern Egypt (Muhammad Ali) ever endorsed slavery or had anyone assassinated.
    The British were also able to get cotton from India and Brazil.
    In rejecting their view [Spinoza, Leibnitz and Hegel], as I shall contend that we must, we are committing ourselves to the opinion that “truth” in empirical material has a meaning different from that which it bears in logic and mathematics.”

    Bertrand Russell, “An Inquiry Into Meaning & Truth” (1940)

  6. #411 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    36,444
    Thanks
    159
    Thanked 4,474 Times in 4,063 Posts
    Groans
    12
    Groaned 379 Times in 368 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havana Moon View Post
    The British were also able to get cotton from India and Brazil.
    That had far more to do with why the British did not get involved on the side of the Confederacy. The argument has been made that Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation was why GB didn't get involved. GB had outlawed slavery in 1833. To say that the EP played a role in the British decision is foolish. If slavery was such an important issue to the British, they never would have considered siding with the Confederacy at all. Those that say the EP meant so much to the British that they chose to stay out are the same ones saying the sole reason for secession was to preserve slavery.

  7. #412 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    State of Bliss
    Posts
    13,311
    Thanks
    5,495
    Thanked 4,249 Times in 3,165 Posts
    Groans
    241
    Groaned 190 Times in 187 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    Most would react exactly like I do. Most people don't dwell on the past. I'm half native American and what happened to my people was terrible but it happened and there is nothing I can do to change history. In fact I welcome the exposure of what the white man did to the native Americans as it raises awareness of people that this great country came at a price on both sides. You mention Custer that was a great victory for Sitting Bull but it came with a terrible after cost. That is why I think it is dumb to take reminders of past injustices such as statues and monuments down. All that does is degrade the sacrifices people made to overcome those injustices.
    You do a great job my friend of describing what those symbols/statues mean to you, is it not possible that those symbols/statues mean something else to others??

    The world is not fair, and often fools, cowards, liars and the selfish hide in high places.
    Bryant H. McGill

    The slow-rising central horror of "Watergate" is not that it might grind down to the reluctant impeachment of a vengeful thug of a president whose entire political career has been a monument to the same kind of cheap shots and treachery he finally got nailed for, but that we might somehow fail to learn something from it.
    Hunter S. Thompson

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bill For This Post:

    ThatOwlWoman (03-15-2019)

  9. #413 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    19,107
    Thanks
    5,706
    Thanked 9,554 Times in 6,972 Posts
    Groans
    127
    Groaned 1,073 Times in 1,011 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    Most would react exactly like I do. Most people don't dwell on the past. I'm half native American and what happened to my people was terrible but it happened and there is nothing I can do to change history. In fact I welcome the exposure of what the white man did to the native Americans as it raises awareness of people that this great country came at a price on both sides. You mention Custer that was a great victory for Sitting Bull but it came with a terrible after cost. That is why I think it is dumb to take reminders of past injustices such as statues and monuments down. All that does is degrade the sacrifices people made to overcome those injustices.
    erasing history is always a bad idea for many reasons

  10. #414 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    State of Bliss
    Posts
    13,311
    Thanks
    5,495
    Thanked 4,249 Times in 3,165 Posts
    Groans
    241
    Groaned 190 Times in 187 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    erasing history is always a bad idea for many reasons
    Stop lying to yourself about that, you know damn well that removing those graven images isn't erasing history......

    The world is not fair, and often fools, cowards, liars and the selfish hide in high places.
    Bryant H. McGill

    The slow-rising central horror of "Watergate" is not that it might grind down to the reluctant impeachment of a vengeful thug of a president whose entire political career has been a monument to the same kind of cheap shots and treachery he finally got nailed for, but that we might somehow fail to learn something from it.
    Hunter S. Thompson

  11. #415 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    19,107
    Thanks
    5,706
    Thanked 9,554 Times in 6,972 Posts
    Groans
    127
    Groaned 1,073 Times in 1,011 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Stop lying to yourself about that, you know damn well that removing those graven images isn't erasing history......
    sure it is ( lol at "graven images" - you sound like a salafist!)

    the constant repression and re-writing of history basically paints RE Lee as a scoundrel without redeeming values
    and confederate soldiers as "Nazis"

    It sacks of the Cultural Revolution

  12. #416 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Living in rural America "clinging to my God and Guns"
    Posts
    8,638
    Thanks
    816
    Thanked 5,255 Times in 3,896 Posts
    Groans
    23
    Groaned 150 Times in 143 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Stop lying to yourself about that, you know damn well that removing those graven images isn't erasing history......
    No, it's not. It's the left's way of rekindling racism. It's what you want, it's one of your ways of trying to divide this country. Sooner or later people will again see your destructive ways, just as we did in 2016.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

    TOP (03-15-2019)

  14. #417 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Hooterville by the sea
    Posts
    8,021
    Thanks
    1,179
    Thanked 3,769 Times in 2,931 Posts
    Groans
    904
    Groaned 210 Times in 199 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    You do a great job my friend of describing what those symbols/statues mean to you, is it not possible that those symbols/statues mean something else to others??
    It seems to me that anyone who is bothered by a flag, symbol, statue, or monument has deep seated psychological problems. Thus they lash out. It's called misplaced aggression.

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grumpy For This Post:

    dukkha (03-15-2019), TOP (03-15-2019)

  16. #418 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Ravenhenge in the Northwoods
    Posts
    17,273
    Thanks
    34,852
    Thanked 13,339 Times in 8,289 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 903 Times in 861 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    It seems to me that anyone who is bothered by a flag, symbol, statue, or monument has deep seated psychological problems. Thus they lash out. It's called misplaced aggression.
    Hmm. So all the RWers who get upset about what they feel are disrespectful displays/uses of the flag have deep-seated psychological problems? Ditto with the #TakeAKnee gesture which was said to be disrespectful to a *song.* I also seem to recall much angst and outrage among the righties over a statue of Lenin in Seattle.

    It would appear that neither side has a monopoly on psych issues. lol

  17. #419 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Hooterville by the sea
    Posts
    8,021
    Thanks
    1,179
    Thanked 3,769 Times in 2,931 Posts
    Groans
    904
    Groaned 210 Times in 199 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Hmm. So all the RWers who get upset about what they feel are disrespectful displays/uses of the flag have deep-seated psychological problems? Ditto with the #TakeAKnee gesture which was said to be disrespectful to a *song.* I also seem to recall much angst and outrage among the righties over a statue of Lenin in Seattle.

    It would appear that neither side has a monopoly on psych issues. lol
    Depends on how you look at it. But to answer your question, you are wrong! The national anthem and flag are symbols of this nation so those who show disrespect are no different than those who demand removal of symbols they don't like. Both are misplaced aggression.


    You do realize that both liberals and conservatives look upon such displays with disdain. SO your first sentence is wrong also.

  18. #420 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    3,715
    Thanks
    1,002
    Thanked 1,108 Times in 802 Posts
    Groans
    19
    Groaned 219 Times in 208 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    Bullshit. Changing the goalposts clearly shows you've lost the argument.
    Truth is, you pussy-assed crybabies have no legitimate reason to hate
    these monuments, other than to start a racial divide in this country
    because you lost an election and can't admit it. You're scumbag losers.
    You should seriously consider being less of a triggered little bitch.

    Monuments honoring traitors have been offensive since day 1.

    Why do you hate America and want it to become a Marxist state, Mrs. Bubbles?

Similar Threads

  1. Another Monument to Traitors Comes Down
    By katzgar in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-10-2019, 09:15 AM
  2. Confederate monument updated
    By reagansghost in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-26-2018, 03:48 PM
  3. CNN & HBO shills wants to blow up Mt Rushmore monument
    By Русский агент in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-17-2017, 03:13 PM
  4. Confederate monument to be removed
    By Legion Troll in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-02-2016, 09:49 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •