Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Another Traitor Monument Comes Down

1. #406 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CharacterAssassin View Post
    Still have you jumping like a trained monkey.
    Yes I do, boy and you know it.

If you can't take it, don't dish it out.

2. #407 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,146 Times in 1,528 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 429 Times in 408 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post

3. #408 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    The south never "attempted to alter the country," it wanted to become a country in and of it's own.
    It's today's far left who want to alter the country. If they get their way, this country will implode.

Tell us, why have these old monuments, all of a sudden, become offensive? Is it that the left
    wishes to ignite a new round of racial tensions? It seems to be working, many say everyone who
    is a conservative, and especially anyone who supports Trump, are bitter old white racists.
    Keep in mind, referring to us as uneducated deploreables didn't work in 2016.
    Attempting to subvert the Constitution is an attempt to fundamentally alter the country. The monuments have been offensive since the ink dried at Appomattox Courthouse. As for Trump, he is clearly a racist, given the birther movement. By adopting him as your choice for the GOP nomination, you exposed us all to criticism, rather than the usual BS that the left hurled at us.

4. #409 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,510 Times in 16,973 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Howard the Duck View Post
    Attempting to subvert the Constitution is an attempt to fundamentally alter the country. The monuments have been offensive since the ink dried at Appomattox Courthouse. As for Trump, he is clearly a racist, given the birther movement. By adopting him as your choice for the GOP nomination, you exposed us all to criticism, rather than the usual BS that the left hurled at us.
    Bullshit. Changing the goalposts clearly shows you've lost the argument.
    Truth is, you pussy-assed crybabies have no legitimate reason to hate
    these monuments, other than to start a racial divide in this country
    because you lost an election and can't admit it. You're scumbag losers.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

5. #410 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    So….according to you....its perfectly acceptable to use one totalitarian nation (Egypt) and its child and slave labor to replace the slave produced cotton from the south? Its not like the supposed father of modern Egypt (Muhammad Ali) ever endorsed slavery or had anyone assassinated.
    The British were also able to get cotton from India and Brazil.

6. #411 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Havana Moon View Post
    The British were also able to get cotton from India and Brazil.
    That had far more to do with why the British did not get involved on the side of the Confederacy. The argument has been made that Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation was why GB didn't get involved. GB had outlawed slavery in 1833. To say that the EP played a role in the British decision is foolish. If slavery was such an important issue to the British, they never would have considered siding with the Confederacy at all. Those that say the EP meant so much to the British that they chose to stay out are the same ones saying the sole reason for secession was to preserve slavery.

7. #412 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    Most would react exactly like I do. Most people don't dwell on the past. I'm half native American and what happened to my people was terrible but it happened and there is nothing I can do to change history. In fact I welcome the exposure of what the white man did to the native Americans as it raises awareness of people that this great country came at a price on both sides. You mention Custer that was a great victory for Sitting Bull but it came with a terrible after cost. That is why I think it is dumb to take reminders of past injustices such as statues and monuments down. All that does is degrade the sacrifices people made to overcome those injustices.
    You do a great job my friend of describing what those symbols/statues mean to you, is it not possible that those symbols/statues mean something else to others??
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

8. #413 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Most would react exactly like I do. Most people don't dwell on the past. I'm half native American and what happened to my people was terrible but it happened and there is nothing I can do to change history. In fact I welcome the exposure of what the white man did to the native Americans as it raises awareness of people that this great country came at a price on both sides. You mention Custer that was a great victory for Sitting Bull but it came with a terrible after cost. That is why I think it is dumb to take reminders of past injustices such as statues and monuments down. All that does is degrade the sacrifices people made to overcome those injustices.
    erasing history is always a bad idea for many reasons

9. #414 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    erasing history is always a bad idea for many reasons
    Stop lying to yourself about that, you know damn well that removing those graven images isn't erasing history......
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

10. #415 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Stop lying to yourself about that, you know damn well that removing those graven images isn't erasing history......
    sure it is ( lol at "graven images" - you sound like a salafist!)

the constant repression and re-writing of history basically paints RE Lee as a scoundrel without redeeming values
    and confederate soldiers as "Nazis"

It sacks of the Cultural Revolution

11. #416 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,510 Times in 16,973 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

No, it's not. It's the left's way of rekindling racism. It's what you want, it's one of your ways of trying to divide this country. Sooner or later people will again see your destructive ways, just as we did in 2016.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

TOP (03-15-2019)

13. #417 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,519 Times in 11,562 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

You do a great job my friend of describing what those symbols/statues mean to you, is it not possible that those symbols/statues mean something else to others??
    It seems to me that anyone who is bothered by a flag, symbol, statue, or monument has deep seated psychological problems. Thus they lash out. It's called misplaced aggression.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eagle_Eye For This Post:

dukkha (03-15-2019), TOP (03-15-2019)

15. #418 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,503 Times in 52,729 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

It seems to me that anyone who is bothered by a flag, symbol, statue, or monument has deep seated psychological problems. Thus they lash out. It's called misplaced aggression.
    Hmm. So all the RWers who get upset about what they feel are disrespectful displays/uses of the flag have deep-seated psychological problems? Ditto with the #TakeAKnee gesture which was said to be disrespectful to a *song.* I also seem to recall much angst and outrage among the righties over a statue of Lenin in Seattle.

It would appear that neither side has a monopoly on psych issues. lol

16. #419 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,519 Times in 11,562 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Hmm. So all the RWers who get upset about what they feel are disrespectful displays/uses of the flag have deep-seated psychological problems? Ditto with the #TakeAKnee gesture which was said to be disrespectful to a *song.* I also seem to recall much angst and outrage among the righties over a statue of Lenin in Seattle.

It would appear that neither side has a monopoly on psych issues. lol
    Depends on how you look at it. But to answer your question, you are wrong! The national anthem and flag are symbols of this nation so those who show disrespect are no different than those who demand removal of symbols they don't like. Both are misplaced aggression.

You do realize that both liberals and conservatives look upon such displays with disdain. SO your first sentence is wrong also.

17. #420 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,146 Times in 1,528 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 429 Times in 408 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    Bullshit. Changing the goalposts clearly shows you've lost the argument.
    Truth is, you pussy-assed crybabies have no legitimate reason to hate
    these monuments, other than to start a racial divide in this country
    because you lost an election and can't admit it. You're scumbag losers.
    You should seriously consider being less of a triggered little bitch.

Monuments honoring traitors have been offensive since day 1.

Why do you hate America and want it to become a Marxist state, Mrs. Bubbles?