Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The right thinks Coen is a pathological liar. The Left thinks he's believable

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,350 Times in 6,029 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 602 Times in 566 Posts

Default The right thinks Coen is a pathological liar. The Left thinks he's believable

What do Independents think? You know, the Americans who have no allegiance to either party.
    What do they think?
    Well, I'll tell you what this one thinks:
    First of all, there's a reason most of us hate these congressional hearings. It's because it reminds us that our country is being run by charlatans and clowns.

I watched the hearings from beginning to end and then watched the endless news flashes that followed.
    It's a circus. Embarrassing. But when all is said and done, I think Coen was believable.

Any other Independents want to chime in and add their two cents?
    Judge Juan M. Merchan wrote that Trump “appears to take the position that his situation and this case are unique and that the pre-trial publicity will never subside. However, this view does not align with reality.”

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joe Capitalist For This Post:

kudzu (03-01-2019), lisasanders1964 (02-28-2019)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,393 Times in 53,273 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

I'm left-leaning and fairly liberal, but yeah.... Cohen is a slimy shyster whose boat will always float whichever way the winds of money (or self preservation) flow.
    *That* being said, I have no reason to believe that his sworn testimony is knowingly false... the definition of perjury. Even the Thief-in-Chief's own criminal spawn have acknowledged that Cohen appears to be a chastened man. I would bet money that his testimony to Congress was as truthful as he's capable of being.... knowing that he could face longer prison time for lying.

If only we could hold Toadstool to the same standards.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Joe Capitalist (02-28-2019)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,511 Times in 4,834 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,798 Times in 1,605 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldvoTrumpovich View Post
    What do Independents think? You know, the Americans who have no allegiance to either party.
    What do they think?
    First of all, there's a reason most of us hate these congressional hearings. It's because it reminds us that our country is being run by charlatans and clowns.

I watched the hearings from beginning to end and then watched the endless news flashes that followed.
    It's a circus. Embarrassing. But when all is said and done, I think Coen was believable.

When a guy works with someone for 12 years, is going to jail for fixing shit for him for 12 years, is CHARGED with specific CRIMES we've been reading about from major news sources for 2 years, and he shows "paperwork", there is absolutely no reason to disbelieve him.

(If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and is charged in a court of law as a duck ....)
    WK1 3/28-/4 _Cases 301k--Dead 18.1k Lethality 2.72%
    WK2 4/5-/13 _Cases 555k--Dead 22.1K Lethality 3.9%
    WK3 4/20-/21 Cases 774k -Dead 37.2K Lethality 4.8%
    WK4 4/22-/29 Cases 1M --Dead 58.8K Lethality 5.9%
    WK5 5/1-/8__ Cases 1.3M -Dead 75.7K Lethality 6.1%
    WK6 5/9-16__Cases 1.4M --Dead 85.8K Lethality 6.1%
    WK7 5/17-24_Cases 1.7M - Dead 97.6K Lethality 5.9%
    WK8 5/28 Cases 1.7M - DEAD 101.2K - Same

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Centerleftfl For This Post:

Joe Capitalist (02-28-2019), ThatOwlWoman (02-28-2019)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,597 Times in 1,209 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 96 Times in 94 Posts

He is a stooge. Saying whatever he can to save his ass. If he sang praises of Trump, you democrats would be calling him a liar.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Yurt For This Post:

dukkha (03-01-2019)

9. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    He is a stooge. Saying whatever he can to save his ass. If he sang praises of Trump, you democrats would be calling him a liar.
    Hey, is that Trump's discharge on your cheek?
    Judge Juan M. Merchan wrote that Trump “appears to take the position that his situation and this case are unique and that the pre-trial publicity will never subside. However, this view does not align with reality.”

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,825 Times in 17,258 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,596 Times in 4,274 Posts

Cohen was prosecuted for lying to Congress. However, he was lying to protect Trump. The reds do not care that he lied, they are pissed because he stopped. Cohen's statements were not on their own. There are lots of of corroborating sources. This was just a deep insider telling us about it.
    Trump was still trying to make a hotel deal with Putin when he was in the Whitehouse. He was paying off women he had used sexually, while in the Whitehouse.
    This is just who trump is and it is ugly.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

Joe Capitalist (02-28-2019), lisasanders1964 (02-28-2019), ThatOwlWoman (03-01-2019)

12. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,520 Times in 5,217 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,477 Times in 2,299 Posts

What do they think?

You lost me when you called yourself an independent

13. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I Love Russia
    Let Communism Ring
    This message is hidden because I Love Russia is on your ignore list.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Capitalist For This Post:

Minister of Truth (03-01-2019)

15. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,511 Times in 4,834 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,798 Times in 1,605 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Love America View Post
    You lost me when you called yourself an independent
    I'm LEFT OF CENTER depending on the test. LIBERTARIAN on several tests. I'll bet you don't believe that either.
    WK1 3/28-/4 _Cases 301k--Dead 18.1k Lethality 2.72%
    WK2 4/5-/13 _Cases 555k--Dead 22.1K Lethality 3.9%
    WK3 4/20-/21 Cases 774k -Dead 37.2K Lethality 4.8%
    WK4 4/22-/29 Cases 1M --Dead 58.8K Lethality 5.9%
    WK5 5/1-/8__ Cases 1.3M -Dead 75.7K Lethality 6.1%
    WK6 5/9-16__Cases 1.4M --Dead 85.8K Lethality 6.1%
    WK7 5/17-24_Cases 1.7M - Dead 97.6K Lethality 5.9%
    WK8 5/28 Cases 1.7M - DEAD 101.2K - Same

16. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 166 Times in 142 Posts
    Blog Entries

What do they think?

Cohen did agree to testify for a lighter sentence - but by testifying he has put a target on his back. I wouldn't be surprised if the republicunts tried to silence him before he testified . But he will definitely be put in solitary cos there will be trump loving inmates who will try to murder him. Wonder if Manafort will go to the same jail as Cohen?

17. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 166 Times in 142 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Cohen was prosecuted for lying to Congress. However, he was lying to protect Trump. The reds do not care that he lied, they are pissed because he stopped. Cohen's statements were not on their own. There are lots of of corroborating sources. This was just a deep insider telling us about it.
    Trump was still trying to make a hotel deal with Putin when he was in the Whitehouse. He was paying off women he had used sexually, while in the Whitehouse.
    This is just who trump is and it is ugly.
    EXCELLENT POINT! When Cohen LIED to congress to protect trump, the republicunts had no problem. When he testified to congress to tell the TRUTH , they are now going batshit crazy and screeching for Cohen to be executed.

Manafort and Roger Stone are being praised by the republicunts because they continue to LIE to protect the fucking orange cunt.

18. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,548 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 201 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    Is that why the Repugnant ones you support, all of whom are liars just like Trump, spent their entire time trying to paint Cohen as a liar, which he has admitted to ad is going to jail for, instead of asking questions regarding Trump? Trump is a liar by nature, and you lack the balls, or the integrity, to admit it.

Do you think Trump will ever grow a spine, or some integrity, to do the same?

Wii you?
    "2Timothy 3 "But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away"

19. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Centerleftfl View Post
    When a guy works with someone for 12 years, is going to jail for fixing shit for him for 12 years, is CHARGED with specific CRIMES we've been reading about from major news sources for 2 years, and he shows "paperwork", there is absolutely no reason to disbelieve him.

(If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and is charged in a court of law as a duck ....)
    Hey, I'll resemble that remark!

20. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lisasanders1964 View Post
    Cohen did agree to testify for a lighter sentence - but by testifying he has put a target on his back. I wouldn't be surprised if the republicunts tried to silence him before he testified . But he will definitely be put in solitary cos there will be trump loving inmates who will try to murder him. Wonder if Manafort will go to the same jail as Cohen?
    They can be tennis mates, except that Cohen will lie about every line call he makes.

21. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

What do they think?

You got off to a great start but stumbled across the finish line lol.

The Cohen hearing was a clown show and a circus that I refused to watch. It’s assinine that congress would call a man convicted of lying to congress—to testify before Congress after having been convicted of lying to Congress. And these congressional goof balls wonder why their poll numbers stay in the tank.

The ONLY reason democrats wanted Cohen back was to get him to say something they can use against Trump. Who the hell cares if it’s true or not? Anyone who thinks it was about ‘Truth’ please do yourselves a favor and get a brain transplant.

When you say Cohen was ‘believable’ that’s code for Cohen saying what you wanted to hear. Liars are good for that.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

dukkha (03-01-2019)