Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Question for liberals...

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 73 Times in 64 Posts

Default Question for liberals...

Suppose there was a way to tell if a baby would be born gay. Not that any sane person believes it's genetic, but assuming it's was true, would you be OK with someone aborting it because it was gay? If you answer no, then you're being dishonest. You're the ones who want a woman to be allowed to abort their child for any reason, up to and even after birth. So if you say you have a problem with aborting gay babies, then you are a hypocrite. After all, it's HER BODY. Are you going to tell her she can't do it?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grugore For This Post:

Earl (03-01-2019), Truth Detector (02-28-2019)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,433 Times in 2,367 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 888 Times in 802 Posts
    Blog Entries

Most sane people of course believe homosexuality is in great part genetic.

4. The Following User Groans At jimmymccready For This Awful Post:

Earl (03-01-2019)

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jimmymccready For This Post:

kudzu (03-04-2019), stoned (03-02-2019)

6. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Grugore View Post
    Suppose there was a way to tell if a baby would be born gay. Not that any sane person believes it's genetic, but assuming it's was true, would you be OK with someone aborting it because it was gay? If you answer no, then you're being dishonest. You're the ones who want a woman to be allowed to abort their child for any reason, up to and even after birth. So if you say you have a problem with aborting gay babies, then you are a hypocrite. After all, it's HER BODY. Are you going to tell her she can't do it?
    Wouldn't that make them bigoted and homophobic, too?

It's the same type hypocrisy many of them have when it comes to same sex marriage. They claim to support that two people who love each other should be able to get married yet oppose certain types of marriages because they think they're wrong even when the reason is the two people love each others. Wonder how they'd choose if the two homosexuals that wanted to get married were brothers?

As a disclaimer, I don't support incestuous marriages. Using the example to show their hypocrisy.
    Last edited by CFM; 02-28-2019 at 06:51 PM.

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jimmymccready View Post
    Any scientific proof for that snowflake?
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Truth Detector For This Post:

Earl (03-01-2019)

9. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,424 Times in 53,290 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Excuse me, sir. Did you notice that your straw man is on fire? I thought you'd want to know.

10. The Following User Groans At ThatOwlWoman For This Awful Post:

Earl (03-01-2019)

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Aimée (03-02-2019), domer76 (02-28-2019), Jade Dragon (02-28-2019), kudzu (03-04-2019), Tacomaman (03-07-2019)

12. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jimmymccready View Post
    As you know, you statement isn't true. To claim what you claim, you'd have to believe that everything in life is open to choice except sexual orientation. Only an idiot would believe that. But whatever makes you feel better for choosing to be a fag.

13. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Any scientific proof for that snowflake?
    If being queer was genetic, there wouldn't be any queers left. It's an evolutionary dead end.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grugore For This Post:

Earl (03-01-2019), Truth Detector (03-01-2019)

15. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,323 Times in 10,512 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,917 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Blog Entries

I’m one “who want a woman to be allowed to abort her child for any reason, up to and even after birth”?

Go ahead and prove your claim, lying bitch.

The forum will wait for another lie from you.

16. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,323 Times in 10,512 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,917 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Blog Entries

If being queer was genetic, there wouldn't be any queers left. It's an evolutionary dead end.
    :Lolup:

Another “if/would” fairytale?

Your stupidity is unmatched.

17. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

Suppose there was a way to tell if a baby would be born gay. Not that any sane person believes it's genetic,
    Holy shit, really? Are you trolling?

but assuming it's was true, would you be OK with someone aborting it because it was gay? If you answer no, then you're being dishonest. You're the ones who want a woman to be allowed to abort their child for any reason, up to and even after birth.
    Very very few Liberals think that's ok.

So if you say you have a problem with aborting gay babies, then you are a hypocrite. After all, it's HER BODY. Are you going to tell her she can't do it?
    She can abort her gay baby solely for being gay if it's done early. I don't think late term abortions should be legal except in extreme cases.

18. The Following User Groans At StoneByStone For This Awful Post:

Earl (03-01-2019)

19. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    Wouldn't that make them bigoted and homophobic, too?

It's the same type hypocrisy many of them have when it comes to same sex marriage. They claim to support that two people who love each other should be able to get married yet oppose certain types of marriages because they think they're wrong even when the reason is the two people love each others. Wonder how they'd choose if the two homosexuals that wanted to get married were brothers?

As a disclaimer, I don't support incestuous marriages. Using the example to show their hypocrisy.
    I say as long as it's two consenting adults, the marriage should be recognized. However, I get why people would support same-sex marriage, but not incestuous marriage. Incest babies have a higher chance of being born with disabilities.

20. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    I say as long as it's two consenting adults, the marriage should be recognized. However, I get why people would support same-sex marriage, but not incestuous marriage. Incest babies have a higher chance of being born with disabilities.
    If two queers want to hook up, I have problem with that. What I do have a problem with is the attitude that not only would forbid me to disagree with it, but to actually make such disagreement a criminal offense. Not only do they wish to prevent any and all discent, they insist that we condone and even endorse it.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Grugore For This Post:

Earl (03-01-2019)

22. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,030 Times in 6,223 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 710 Times in 658 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Excuse me, sir. Did you notice that your straw man is on fire? I thought you'd want to know.

You beat me to it. As a person of faith, and someone with bad OCD; I can say, living by what if, is a path with endless pitfalls, that gets you no where. It's a path that can lead to madness.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Jade Dragon For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (02-28-2019)

24. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

If two queers want to hook up, I have problem with that. What I do have a problem with is the attitude that not only would forbid me to disagree with it, but to actually make such disagreement a criminal offense. Not only do they wish to prevent any and all discent, they insist that we condone and even endorse it.
    I don't agree with hate speech laws either, but that's not really an issue in America. As far as I know, nobody is calling to ban homophobia.

25. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,424 Times in 53,290 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Gay men still have active sperm and are able to impregnate women. Ask the children whose dads later came out of the closet, after marrying their moms because society looks down so hard on them.

As for the rest of your nonsense question, I don't see that ever being an issue. "Why's that?" you didn't ask. Because the only women who would even consider aborting a child simply because a non-existent test showed that the fetus might be gay are the very same women who are virulently anti-abortion religious fundie forced-birthers.

PS -- There is no such thing as post-birth "abortion." That's called "murder" and is illegal.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Aimée (03-02-2019), christiefan915 (03-01-2019)