Thread: GOP primary challenger to Trump: 'What are you so afraid of?'

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default GOP primary challenger to Trump: 'What are you so afraid of?'

Trump is already obsessing over 2020. He won't rule out using hacked data from his rivals, he's glued to the TV sizing up potential Democratic contenders during "executive time," and his minions are busy rigging the primaries to block any potential GOP challengers from getting a foothold. And one of those potential challengers has a question for Trump: "What are you so afraid of?"

Republican Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan wants to know why the Republican National Committee is taking what he calls "unprecedented" steps to kneecap any potential GOP rivals to Trump.

But Hogan isn't the only one calling the Trump campaign's desperate bid to knock out any challengers unprecedented—that's exactly how Trump campaign officials described their effort to pack state and local party operations with Trump loyalists. Bedrock Trump states like South Carolina are even considering scrapping their GOP primary altogether.

But if Trump's support is really that solid, Hogan wonders what all fuss is about. “If he has unanimous support and everybody is on board, why shut down the normal process?” Hogan asked in an interview with Politico. “It’s almost like a hostage situation.”

Hogan is only the second GOP governor to ever win reelection in Maryland and with overall approval ratings in the high 70s, he has something Trump will never ever have: crossover appeal. But the potential for crossover votes doesn't count for jack these days in Trump’s cult-like Republican party. That said, if Trump's a sure thing, why all the bluster?

“Why are they so concerned? Why the puffing out the chest," Hogan wonders. "‘We’ve put together the greatest team ever assembled, we’re going to raise all this money early, we’re going to hire all these people early, we’re going to take over the RNC.’”

Obviously, nothing is more scary to Trump than losing, which his team clearly considers a distinct possibility. What we are watching are the machinations of a campaign whose candidate is absolutely desperate to win and not at all sure he'll have the juice to do it without tilting the field in his direction.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to reagansghost For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (02-23-2019)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,121 Times in 2,441 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 265 Times in 242 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    Trump is already obsessing over 2020. He won't rule out using hacked data from his rivals, he's glued to the TV sizing up potential Democratic contenders during "executive time," and his minions are busy rigging the primaries to block any potential GOP challengers from getting a foothold. And one of those potential challengers has a question for Trump: "What are you so afraid of?"

Republican Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan wants to know why the Republican National Committee is taking what he calls "unprecedented" steps to kneecap any potential GOP rivals to Trump.

But Hogan isn't the only one calling the Trump campaign's desperate bid to knock out any challengers unprecedented—that's exactly how Trump campaign officials described their effort to pack state and local party operations with Trump loyalists. Bedrock Trump states like South Carolina are even considering scrapping their GOP primary altogether.

But if Trump's support is really that solid, Hogan wonders what all fuss is about. “If he has unanimous support and everybody is on board, why shut down the normal process?” Hogan asked in an interview with Politico. “It’s almost like a hostage situation.”

Hogan is only the second GOP governor to ever win reelection in Maryland and with overall approval ratings in the high 70s, he has something Trump will never ever have: crossover appeal. But the potential for crossover votes doesn't count for jack these days in Trump’s cult-like Republican party. That said, if Trump's a sure thing, why all the bluster?

“Why are they so concerned? Why the puffing out the chest," Hogan wonders. "‘We’ve put together the greatest team ever assembled, we’re going to raise all this money early, we’re going to hire all these people early, we’re going to take over the RNC.’”

Obviously, nothing is more scary to Trump than losing, which his team clearly considers a distinct possibility. What we are watching are the machinations of a campaign whose candidate is absolutely desperate to win and not at all sure he'll have the juice to do it without tilting the field in his direction.
    Presidential campaigns are a big deal. Lots of money spent, lots of competition. It is one of the most cut throat elections there is. The GOP is more pissed than the Democrats that Trump booted their candidate Jeb Bush, and you can bet they are packing lots of money and corruption to get their platform back. Trump needs to treat this campaign like life and death if he wants to be in office for another term.
    The Truth Does Not Need To Be Supported With Censorship.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post

How many more does Trump have to defeat. The field for the 2016 nomination started at how many, 17, and he came out on top. When he ran against Hillary, someone lefties thought could never lose and kicked her political ass, this was the reaction:

And they're still crying today.

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    How many more does Trump have to defeat. The field for the 2016 nomination started at how many, 17, and he came out on top. When he ran against Hillary, someone lefties thought could never lose and kicked her political ass, this was the reaction:

"Hello darkness" dubbed over the tears is a little sweeter.

6. The Following User Groans At Evmetro For This Awful Post:

lisasanders1964 (02-23-2019)

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Evmetro View Post

Hilarious. Not real sure which one is the funniest or the saddest.

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darkness is sweeter, but in case you are not into Simon and Garfunkel, Here is a masterpiece cover of the same song:

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello Darkness is sweeter, but in case you are not into Simon and Garfunkel, Here is a masterpiece cover of the same song:

S & G are fine. They're closer to my era. In fact, if I looked for it, I might find an old 45 vinyl of their version. We had an old juke box, several of the arcade games, and a pool table in a game room growing up.

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 166 Times in 142 Posts
    Blog Entries

Presidential campaigns are a big deal. Lots of money spent, lots of competition. It is one of the most cut throat elections there is. The GOP is more pissed than the Democrats that Trump booted their candidate Jeb Bush, and you can bet they are packing lots of money and corruption to get their platform back. Trump needs to treat this campaign like life and death if he wants to be in office for another term.
    The Koch brothers - ultra conservative and far right - wanted Jeb Bush and when they didn't get him, they spent MILLIONS of dollars helping every republicunt except trump.

They thought Hillary would be president and wanted to make sure she had a republicunt controlled congress so she wouldn't get anything done and would be quickly impeached .

The Koches are happy that trump has given them massive tax cuts and will eventually repeal Roe vs Wade but are disgusted with how trump behaves.

If Jeb Bush or Mitt Romney run in 2020, the Koches will bankroll their campaigns.

11. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

S & G are fine. They're closer to my era. In fact, if I looked for it, I might find an old 45 vinyl of their version. We had an old juke box, several of the arcade games, and a pool table in a game room growing up.
    I grew up listening to them as well. I didn't know or care that they were lefties back in those days, but even if I did it wouldn't have mattered. I was a lefty back then. These days, I have been disowning and boycotting lefty actors and singers because of the vile political statements so many of them have made in the last few years. I can no longer appreciate them for their gifts of art, I can only see their vile political statements.

12. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Trump's personal character, his poor chops, his foot mouth disease, his full time scandal ridden term, his persistent horrendous
    ratings, his mercurial and whimsical decisions and policy proclamations, his executive overreach, just to name a few things,
    the old man is vulnerable. He hasn't delivered. Trump is a loser.

13. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lisasanders1964 View Post
    The Koch brothers - ultra conservative and far right - wanted Jeb Bush and when they didn't get him, they spent MILLIONS of dollars helping every republicunt except trump.
    This is an excellent example of why Trump needs to fight for this election like his life depends on it if he wants to win. Rinos like the Kock brothers have lots of money that they will be using to destroy Trump. They will never forget that Trump destroyed Rino Jeb Bush and hijacked the platform that they wanted to control with their money.

14. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    Trump is a loser.
    Trump kicked Hillary's ass 306 to 232.

15. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 166 Times in 142 Posts
    Blog Entries

Republicunts assume trump will race in 2020.

I am predicting Pence will be president very soon and he will face challengers like Hogan, Romney, Jeb Bush and others.

The question is will the Russians support Pence as much as they supported drumpf?

16. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I grew up listening to them as well. I didn't know or care that they were lefties back in those days, but even if I did it wouldn't have mattered. I was a lefty back then. These days, I have been disowning and boycotting lefty actors and singers because of the vile political statements so many of them have made in the last few years. I can no longer appreciate them for their gifts of art, I can only see their vile political statements.
    Seems lefty actors and singers today and then have something in common.

17. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by lisasanders1964 View Post
    Republicunts assume trump will race in 2020.

I am predicting Pence will be president very soon and he will face challengers like Hogan, Romney, Jeb Bush and others.

The question is will the Russians support Pence as much as they supported drumpf?
    The question is whether you'll support Kamala Harris because she's black or because she's a woman. It could be a combination of both since the left's last two candidates had those "qualifications".