I didn't see this talked about at the time, so I will bring it up now

http://longisland.news12.com/story/3...s-tax-overhaul

Fredo Cuomo seems to think that his revenue shortfall is because of elimination of the SALT deductions. It makes no logical sense, but hey that never stops a leftist does it.

Allow me to explain what is going on here with the elimination of the SALT deductions. **WARNING** Math involved and it is difficult for leftists

OK, under the previous tax law, you could write off 100% of your state income taxes with no limits.That's right folks. You could write off EVERY penny of your state income taxes on your federal income taxes.

Let's use an example with our good friends in NY and AOC's favorite taxpayer the guy who makes $10 million a year. If he lived in NY, he would pay $900,000 in state income taxes. NY has a 9% income tax rate for someone making that much dineros.

Under the old tax system, that individual making $10 million would be able to write off $900,000 on their federal tax returns thus having the rest of the country subsidize New York's high taxes. That is correct children. You have been subsidizing taxes of the rich for years.

Trump put an end to it and leftists bitch about it. Now think about that for a second. Leftist hatred of Trump is so great that they oppose really rich people paying more in taxes. That is what Trump has reduced them to