Thread: Student-loan payment may soon come directly out of your paycheck

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 603 Times in 570 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    can't prove you did, huh
    Just like you can't prove you paid any kids way through college- LIKE YOU SO DESPERATELY WOULD LIKE FOR US TO ALL JUST TAKE YOUR WORD FOR IT!

Hypocrite much?

For all we know, your kids don't have anything to do with you- and hates your guts- because you didn't even pay your child support!

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,733 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 707 Times in 647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Text Drivers are Killers View Post
    Imagine how much we would save if we got rid of teachers? Once a kid knows how to read, he should be able to teach himself from books or the net.
    LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

this is the republican party.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to TTQ64 For This Post:

LV426 (02-21-2019)

4. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,422 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    ^ Poor pitiful me. The reason I flunked out of h.s. is because racist white males didn't give me free college.
    Well if you had nothing to aspire towards and no hope, I could see why you chose to flunk out of HS. What's the point, right?
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

5. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinksalot View Post
    You really are mentally retarded, aren't you?
    Or how about being self employed, gonna take that out of a paycheck also?

6. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 603 Times in 570 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    ^ Poor pitiful me. The reason I flunked out of h.s. is because racist white males didn't give me free college.
    Poor pitiful you- got thrown out of the 3rd grade.....................For not shaving!

7. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf_Twitler View Post
    Just like you can't prove you paid any kids way through college- LIKE YOU SO DESPERATELY WOULD LIKE FOR US TO ALL JUST TAKE YOUR WORD FOR IT!

Hypocrite much?

For all we know, your kids don't have anything to do with you- and hates your guts- because you didn't even pay your child support!
    So much of what Conservatives do on the internet is exactly this type of posturing.

They posture their way through arguments because they're incapable of debating anything along factual lines.

Almost every Conservative argument devolves to unverifiable, personal anecdotes. Every single Conservative on these boards is guilty of that...take the Russia Tax Cut, for example. Conservatives on this board see the data and evidence coming in that shows most workers didn't come out ahead and got smaller refunds or had to pay, and when confronted with that, they slip into anecdote territory and say thatr they saw a benefit. But really, who believes them? These are the same people so stupid, they were conned by Trump.

8. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,733 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 707 Times in 647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Someone brought up the example of "basket weaving", but that was never a major at either of the two Universities I attended. It was probably an elective, sure, but wouldn't basket weaving technically be a "trade"? They probably offer it as a major in trade schools.
    Even if it was a major someone has to weave baskets.

The dumb fucks need to STFU and we need to stop catering to them

9. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,317 Times in 9,825 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

What makes you think that I didn't plan or prepare anything! Why are you making my idea to continue Public Education through to an Associate degree something about me or my kids- when clearly mine and your children are all through college now! I have 3 grandchildren in college class today, as a matter of fact.

Dude, take a breath, and stop making everything so fucking personal!

You and me will die some day- the world will go on without out us!

Unless you can see yourself from space- you aren't anything better than anyone else Mr. Selfish!
    it's building a society based on lies. truth sooner rather than later is best. or if you agree with societies' scam of getting people in debt based on lies, then that just makes you part of the problem.

10. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Yes! You are so great and with a vision like yours- we should bronze you and make a statue out of you for all to see and admire for generations to come!

You think what I support is so good you practiced it yourself, at least you claim you did.

Stating a fact about being responsible isn't anything close to what you state. That you think it is leads me to believe your claims about your kids and grandkids in college is a lie.

11. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    it's building a society based on lies. truth sooner rather than later is best. or if you agree with societies' scam of getting people in debt based on lies, then that just makes you part of the problem.
    What is the lie? You need a college degree if you want to aspire to high wages and job security. And it doesn't even seem to matter what you get your degree in, just as long as you have one.

The stats from 2017 show that the higher your education level, the lower the unemployment rate.

12. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

So much of what Conservatives do on the internet is exactly this type of posturing.

They posture their way through arguments because they're incapable of debating anything along factual lines.

Almost every Conservative argument devolves to unverifiable, personal anecdotes. Every single Conservative on these boards is guilty of that...take the Russia Tax Cut, for example. Conservatives on this board see the data and evidence coming in that shows most workers didn't come out ahead and got smaller refunds or had to pay, and when confronted with that, they slip into anecdote territory and say thatr they saw a benefit. But really, who believes them? These are the same people so stupid, they were conned by Trump.
    I've provided a method in which to verify any claim that has been made. The method provided would allow you to do what you claim you could do. When the method was suggested, you ran like a coward.

13. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

What is the lie? You need a college degree if you want to aspire to high wages and job security. And it doesn't even seem to matter what you get your degree in, just as long as you have one.

The stats from 2017 show that the higher your education level, the lower the unemployment rate.
    the fact that the degree doesn't matter indicates it's relative meaninglessness, and is in the end, just a sign of familial creditworthiness aka racism.

14. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,986 Times in 2,762 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 178 Times in 173 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    Or how about being self employed, gonna take that out of a paycheck also?
    Is there a point you're trying to make? That the proposal won't be perfect? Good for you.
    :

15. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    the fact that the degree doesn't matter indicates it's relative meaninglessness, and is in the end, just a sign of familial creditworthiness aka racism.
    A degree does matter. Did you click on the link? It's legit, from BLS. Notice how the unemployment rate for anyone with less than a 4 year degree is higher than the rate for everyone with a 4 year degree or more? What does that tell you?

16. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

A degree does matter. Did you click on the link? It's legit, from BLS. Notice how the unemployment rate for anyone with less than a 4 year degree is higher than the rate for everyone with a 4 year degree or more? What does that tell you?
    its just a sign of degree devaluation. and actually contributes to elitism, and indebtedness. if anyone can get a degree if they're stupid enough to sign on the dotted line, it only indicates that, stupidity.

the fact that the degree doesn't matter buttresses my case, not yours.