Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Student-loan payment may soon come directly out of your paycheck

1. #91 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf_Twitler View Post
    I really didn't mention who paid for my children's or who is paying for my grandchildren's college!

Why? Because it's not relevant to my discussing the idea of publicly paid-for Community College!
    It is relevant. If you didn't pay for your kid's college and you're supporting a program where someone other than you is forced to do so, you're just like the rest of the freeloading parents that refuse to meet their responsibility. You keep proving that I'm a better person and a better parent than you.

On a side not, if you took out loans and won't them back, hopefully that will ruin your credit.

2. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,419 Times in 7,538 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 270 Times in 253 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    "I find the harder I work, the luckier I get" - often accredited to T. Jefferson
    Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    There is no way he is going to understand that common sense.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

Sailor (02-21-2019)

4. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,408 Times in 10,038 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    He sounds almost as bitter about his failings in life as IQ64. But almost. Never known anyone as bitter as that.
    Maybe yourself? After all, you seem really bitter about Affirmative Action.

That's because you know that your privilege is what carried you, not your work ethic. So you take it as a personal affront that anyone dare question the fantasy of hard work and perseverance you crafted for your character, but you secretly know and accept that you didn't work hard, you didn't persevere, you lived a lucky life thanks to your inherent privilege.

You just have to posture on the internet because it makes you feel better to think that other people think you are a rugged individualist because you don't.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

5. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Based on what Little Vagina believes, all a white person should have to do to gain admittance, get hired, get promoted, etc. is say "I'm white".

6. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,408 Times in 10,038 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

"I find the harder I work, the luckier I get" - often accredited to T. Jefferson
    Thomas Jefferson owned slaves who literally did work for him.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

7. #96 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post

That's because you know that your privilege is what carried you, not your work ethic. So you take it as a personal affront that anyone dare question the fantasy of hard work and perseverance you crafted for your character, but you secretly know and accept that you didn't work hard, you didn't persevere, you lived a lucky life thanks to your inherent privilege.

You just have to posture on the internet because it makes you feel better to think that other people think you are a rugged individualist because you don't.
    Those benefiting from AA should be bitter. They're being told that they lack the ability to do it on their own and a factor for which they had no control is what is used to make the decision.

8. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Thomas Jefferson owned slaves who literally did work for him.
    Are you saying work can only be defined by physically doing something? I've worked you into a tizzy and all I had to do was type.

9. #98 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 603 Times in 570 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    Waste of time, everyone must pay their student loans.
    Yep! I agree, that if you currently owe for your student loan- It must be paid. Just as if you would pay back a loan for your car payment.

I'm in this argument as an advocate to extend Public School all the way to an Associates degree. And I laid out ideas on how to accomplish that without any help from the Federal Government!

I am a Democrat- but I am no Bat-Shit-Crazy Democrat that wants the Federal Government to pay for anyone's education- or their student loans!

10. #99 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

How so? I never needed affirmative action. My white privilege somehow caused me to work hard in state undergrad and professional schools as well as in the real world.
    As far as affirmative action, that's only a set up for failure later on. So in a way it's not even fair to those who receive it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

Sailor (02-21-2019)

12. #100 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Yep! I agree, that if you currently owe for your student loan- It must be paid. Just as if you would pay back a loan for your car payment.

I'm in this argument as an advocate to extend Public School all the way to an Associates degree. And I laid out ideas on how to accomplish that without any help from the Federal Government!

I am a Democrat- but I am no Bat-Shit-Crazy Democrat that wants the Federal Government to pay for anyone's education- or their student loans!
    You are as much of a Democrat as I am a republican. Cut the bull shit

13. #101 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

If you're a Democrats, you're automatically bat shit crazy.

How do you propose paying for that extra school? I have an idea. If you want someone to go beyond 12th grade, pay their tuition yourself or convince their irresponsible parents to do so.

14. #102 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    You are as much of a Democrat as I am a republican. Cut the bull shit
    Your opinions are those of an asshole! So STFU Asshole! LOL!

15. #103 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Those benefiting from AA should be bitter. They're being told that they lack the ability to do it on their own and a factor for which they had no control is what is used to make the decision.
    It does tend to set them up for failure later on. If not in school then in the real world. I had students in my professional school class that were there only because of AA.
    A couple dropped out of the profession, one flunked out, one or two had to repeat a yr. (torture!) and the most successful became a full time instructor at my school. Instructors probably don't earn 1/5 what the avg. self employed pros do in the real world in my profession - "Those that can, do. Those that can't , teach."

16. #104 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

It does tend to set them up for failure later on. If not in school then in the real world. I had students in my professional school class that were there only because of AA.
    A couple dropped out of the profession, one flunked out, one or two had to repeat a yr. (torture!) and the most successful became a full time instructor at my school. Instructors probably don't earn 1/5 what the avg. self employed pros do in the real world in my profession - "Those that can, do. Those that can't , teach."
    Words of truth and wisdom right there.

17. #105 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

If you're a Democrats, you're automatically bat shit crazy.

How do you propose paying for that extra school? I have an idea. If you want someone to go beyond 12th grade, pay their tuition yourself or convince their irresponsible parents to do so.
    I already stated how States can do this without any federal funds. Go back and read Asshole!