Thread: Student-loan payment may soon come directly out of your paycheck

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinksalot View Post
    Is there a point you're trying to make? That the proposal won't be perfect? Good for you.
    :
    Waste of time, everyone must pay their student loans.

2. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,131 Times in 9,660 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 504 Times in 477 Posts
    Blog Entries

the dysgenic effects of popular stupidity.....

3. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,406 Times in 10,036 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    its just a sign of degree devaluation. and actually contributes to elitism, and indebtedness. if anyone can get a degree if they're stupid enough to sign on the dotted line, it only indicates that, stupidity
    It actually says that the more educated you are, the better chance you have at finding a job. That someone with a 4-year liberal arts degree has a better chance at finding a job than someone with just a HS degree. That's what the chart says.

Not sure how you can devise any other conclusion from that link.

the fact that the degree doesn't matter buttresses my case, not yours.
    OMG, it does matter. You can see it in the unemployment rates yourself; the unemployment rate for a HS diploma is almost twice the unemployment rate for a 4 year degree. Also, the higher your education, the higher your wage.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

4. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    its just a sign of degree devaluation. and actually contributes to elitism, and indebtedness. if anyone can get a degree if they're stupid enough to sign on the dotted line, it only indicates that, stupidity. the fact that the degree doesn't matter buttresses my case, not yours.
    It sounds to me like you have a personal grudge against higher education. Why? Who cares?

5. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,419 Times in 7,538 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 270 Times in 253 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Well if you had nothing to aspire towards
    That would definitely describe IQ64 other than a gubmint jobs program position where the main duties are drinking coffee and answering the phone.
    and no hope, I could see why you chose to flunk out of HS. What's the point, right?
    Agreed. But when everything is handed to you on a silver platter through affirmative action there's far more hope than the avg. middle class white male has.

6. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

It actually says that the more educated you are, the better chance you have at finding a job. That someone with a 4-year liberal arts degree has a better chance at finding a job than someone with just a HS degree. That's what the chart says.

Not sure how you can devise any other conclusion from that link.

OMG, it does matter. You can see it in the unemployment rates yourself; the unemployment rate for a HS diploma is almost twice the unemployment rate for a 4 year degree. Also, the higher your education, the higher your wage.
    So after all this you still cannot manage to get a HS degree. Talk about leading a horse to water.

7. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    Agreed. But when everything is handed to you on a silver platter through affirmative action there's far more hope than the avg. middle class white male has.
    Do you seriously believe that there are so many qualified Trump voters out there whose jobs were given to undeserving black people? Or could it be that the reason those resentful, bitter whites lost out on a job was because they were fucking terrible?

Affirmative Action is a nice excuse fragile white losers use to explain their loserdom.

No, the black guy didn't get the job over you because of AA; they got the job over you because you suck.

Take some personal responsibility for yourself instead of blaming a program that levels the playing field.

8. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Do you seriously believe that there are so many qualified Trump voters out there whose jobs were given to undeserving black people? Or could it be that the reason those resentful, bitter whites lost out on a job was because they were fucking terrible?

Affirmative Action is a nice excuse fragile white losers use to explain their loserdom.

No, the black guy didn't get the job over you because of AA; they got the job over you because you suck.
    I wasn't talking about trump voters. I was referring to IQ64.
    Personally I couldn't care less about flunkies, white or black or who they vote for. I make my own luck through hard work and perseverance and tend to associate with like minded people.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

Sailor (02-21-2019)

10. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Well, I'm talking about them. And your whiny criticism of Affirmative Action tells me everything I need to know about you; that you posture on message boards to give yourself more security and comfort because if you actually confronted yourself, you'd have to face facts you're not as clever, savvy, or smart as you want people to think.

You're just a poseur.

11. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I make my own luck through hard work and perseverance and tend to associate with like minded people.
    You don't make your own luck, you rely on your privilege. The only thing lucky about you is that you were born with white skin.

12. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 603 Times in 570 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    You think what I support is so good you practiced it yourself, at least you claim you did.

Stating a fact about being responsible isn't anything close to what you state. That you think it is leads me to believe your claims about your kids and grandkids in college is a lie.
    I really didn't mention who paid for my children's or who is paying for my grandchildren's college!

Why? Because it's not relevant to my discussing the idea of publicly paid-for Community College!

13. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I make my own luck through hard work and perseverance and tend to associate with like minded people.
    This is a lie that people with privilege tell themselves because they know that their "success" was defined more by that privilege than their work ethic.

The only thing lucky about you is that you were born white. You didn't make luck for yourself, you exercised your privilege.

Conservatives hate the fact that they know they didn't get to where they were today through hard work or perseverance, but instead relied on a rigged institutional system that accommodated them the day they were born. So they have to create the fantasy that they rose up from nothing because it's easier to believe that than to accept you might not have actually earned "success" or whatever you think that looks like, but instead had a system set up for you to succeed that disadvantaged others.

Basically, you're a poseur and you didn't build that.

14. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Personally I couldn't care less about flunkies, white or black or who they vote for. I make my own luck through hard work and perseverance and tend to associate with like minded people.
    There is no way he is going to understand that common sense.

15. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

You don't make your own luck, you rely on your privilege. The only thing lucky about you is that you were born with white skin.
    "I find the harder I work, the luckier I get" - often accredited to T. Jefferson

The quote doesn't mention privilege.

If what you said was true, the only thing a white person would have to do when applying for a job is put "I'm white".

16. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    There is no way he is going to understand that common sense.
    He sounds almost as bitter about his failings in life as IQ64. But almost. Never known anyone as bitter as that.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

Sailor (02-21-2019)