Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Student-loan payment may soon come directly out of your paycheck

1. #136 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,421 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Text Drivers are Killers View Post
    I don't believe that but if it's true it's only because there are so many makework affirmative action jobs in sociology invented just so women and blacks have jobs.
    What an ignoramus.

"So what if I'm wrong, I am going to continue being a racist, sexist loser".

Good work, dingus.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

2. #137 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 603 Times in 570 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    As long as Universities believe they have unlimited deep pockets of students and parents to pay for excessive administrative salaries and vast number of costly services that have nothing to do with instruction or research that tax payers will not pay for then prices will continue to escalate until the people have the political will to stop the insanity.
    When College Football and Basketball coaches are making 8.5 Million Dollars a year, and deans are making 4.5 Million a year, one has to wonder if the main goal is to graduate students, win Sporting Events, or are just in it for the money. College Football Stadiums, Practice Stadiums, Basketball Arena's, Baseball Stadiums etc. are costing students Billions of dollars every year that comes out in much higher tuition costs than what is necessary to get a good education.

Colleges have become a Fatcat industry. While most of the cost of tuitions are to pay for these fatcat salaries and build their Hippodromes!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Adolf_Twitler For This Post:

Mott the Hoople (02-22-2019)

4. #138 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf_Twitler View Post
    When College Football and Basketball coaches are making 8.5 Million Dollars a year, and deans are making 4.5 Million a year, one has to wonder if the main goal is to graduate students, win Sporting Events, or are just in it for the money. College Football Stadiums, Practice Stadiums, Basketball Arena's, Baseball Stadiums etc. are costing students Billions of dollars every year that comes out in much higher tuition costs than what is necessary to get a good education.

Colleges have become a Fatcat industry. While most of the cost of tuitions are to pay for these fatcat salaries and build their Hippodromes!
    Yup and they operate from the premise that if the State won't pay for their empire building then they'll just raise tuition cause they think it's a bottomless pit of money that students and parents are just over joyed to pay.

I have to admit that this is something that I think Gov. Kasich did well on here in Ohio. He terrorized the Ohio State University System on cutting tuition costs or losing State funding. You could hear the howling from High Street to Lake Erie! LOL
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

5. #139 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 603 Times in 570 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Yup and they operate from the premise that if the State won't pay for their empire building then they'll just raise tuition cause they think it's a bottomless pit of money that students and parents are just over joyed to pay.

I have to admit that this is something that I think Gov. Kasich did well on here in Ohio. He terrorized the Ohio State University System on cutting tuition costs or losing State funding. You could hear the howling from High Street to Lake Erie! LOL
    Yep! Texas State officials have threatened 10's of Millions in cuts across the state for state college funding, unless they do the same thing here- LOWER TUITIONS and Lower Budgets! But our chicken shit governor is not having any part of it. He is against the cuts! He's just another fatcat- looking after other fatcats!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Adolf_Twitler For This Post:

Mott the Hoople (02-22-2019)

7. #140 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,433 Times in 2,367 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 888 Times in 802 Posts
    Blog Entries

Alexander's plan is good one, so I am startled shootspeeders supports it.