Members banned from this thread: Hermes Thoth, SmarterthanYou, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Granule, canceled.2021.1, Boris The Animal, canceled.2021.2, MAGA MAN, canceled.2021.3, iewitness, Irish, CFM, Ralph, Wolverine, Sailor, Life is Golden, Bigdog, TTQ64, Getin the ring, zymurgy, Evmetro, Superfreak, PraiseKek, Eagle_Eye, katzgar, Joe Capitalist, countryboy, Tommatthews, volsrock, The Ugly Truth, BodyDouble, coolzone, rhym3pays, LV426, Loving91390, Yurt, Into the Night, Tkaffen, Enlightened One, Anarchon, artichoke, Bobb and lisasanders1964

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Immigrants Are Not Bringing Crime Into The USA. They Are Coming Here To Escape It.

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,879 Times in 6,106 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 580 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Fred Koch was a founding member. He was involved from 1958 it's first year. There were 11 in the fight club.
    Weren't they big on conspiracy theories?

In 1962, William F. Buckley, Jr., editor of the main conservative magazine, the National Review, denounced Welch and the John Birch Society as "far removed from common sense" and urged the GOP to purge itself of Welch's influence.
    He who is the author of a war lets loose the whole contagion of hell and opens a vein that bleeds a nation to death. Thomas Paine

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,569 Times in 17,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kudzu View Post
    Weren't they big on conspiracy theories?

In 1962, William F. Buckley, Jr., editor of the main conservative magazine, the National Review, denounced Welch and the John Birch Society as "far removed from common sense" and urged the GOP to purge itself of Welch's influence.
    They were Fox, Infowars before they existed. The sad fact is the wealthy are trying to take over and they have been since the nation started. It is a huge and unending battle against the rich.
    They have the money to buy the press, and the politicians. All we have is numbers, but their press has taken almost 35 percent of voters into a right-wing bubble, where they have been convinced to vote against their own interests.
    Many on this board think a stumbling "billionaire" shares their problems and interests.
    Last edited by Nordberg; 02-19-2019 at 10:26 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

kudzu (02-19-2019)

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,879 Times in 6,106 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 580 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    They were Fox, Infowars before they existed. The sad fact is the wealthy are trying to take over and they have been since the nation started. It is a huge and unending battle against the rich.
    They have the money to but the press, and the politicians. All we have is numbers, but their press has taken almost 35 percent of voters into a right-wing bubble, where they have been convinced to vote against their own interests.
    Many on this board think a stumbling "billionaire" shares their problems and interests.
    In all my life I never met anyone rich or poor that had any regard for the John Birch Society.
    He who is the author of a war lets loose the whole contagion of hell and opens a vein that bleeds a nation to death. Thomas Paine

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by kudzu View Post
    In all my life I never met anyone rich or poor that had any regard for the John Birch Society.
    Obviously, did not know the right people. They were like Infowars before the net. They were crazy, but check out this board and you see a lot of people who think it is the news and the truth. It was the same for the Birchers. They even had books like " None Dare Call it Treason".

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

kudzu (02-20-2019)

7. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 41 Times in 41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    "Cato found that in 2015, criminal conviction and arrest rates in Texas for undocumented immigrants were lower than those of native-born Americans for murder, sexual assault and larceny."

The CATO Institute!

Hello.

That's a conservative outfit.

It was founded as the Charles Koch Foundation. Later the name was changed.

Illegal Immigration Does Not Increase Violent Crime, 4 Studies Show

PoliTalker anti-troll thread thief disclaimer: If this thread is stolen, plagiarized, will the thief have the nerve to use the entire OP, word for word? Including this disclaimer? If you want my take on it, you'll have to post to this original PoliTalker thread. I refuse to be an enabler for online bullies, so I won't post to a stolen thread. I won't even read it. If you don't see me, PoliTalker, posting in this thread check the author. This might be a hijacked thread, not the original.

The Cato Institute study was just one of FOUR which all indicated the same thing.

Immigrants are not bringing crime.

President Trump is lying.

Once again, Trump lied.

Don't Fall For It!

Trump is ripping you off. He is 'making a deal' on YOU.

And guess what. He never comes out the loser, and he always makes win-lose deals. He wins, you lose. He distracts you with baloney, and you don't notice as his hand is in your pocket. He's got you all worried about illegal immigration, calling a crisis, calling it an emergency and he's lying. Don't buy it. Don't let him distract you as he signs off on tax breaks for the rich, giving away the farm to the rich, pumping up Wall Street, pumping up all the biggest corporations, making them and their owners 'a lot richer.' (his words)

Are YOU 'a lot richer?' If you are, then you must not be one of the 78% of Americans living paycheck to paycheck.

We need policy that works for EVERYBODY, not just the rich.

We need policy that Promotes the General Welfare, not hatred and tax breaks for the rich.
    Yeah, we have enough citizens committing crimes, yet you want import undocumented illegals who would much rather break in than go through a legal security check.

Try distinguishing between legal and illegal immigrants. The ones you advocate for break into the country. The others work most of their lives to become citizens, and they get to watch support those who couldn’t be bothered.
    Last edited by Heff; 02-20-2019 at 02:14 AM.
    The anti-Trumper's new mantra:

“B-b-but muh White supremacy”

8. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

9. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Heff,

Quote Originally Posted by Heff View Post
    Yeah, we have enough citizens committing crimes, yet you want import undocumented illegals who would much rather break in than go through a legal security check.

Try distinguishing between legal and illegal immigrants. The ones you advocate for break into the country. The others work most of their lives to become citizens, and they get to watch support those who couldn’t be bothered.
    A mother wants safety for her offspring. This is built into the DNA of all species. If clear and present danger threatens safety it is instinctive for her to move to safety. There is no time to wait around for a long process of unclear results.

Many of the people approaching our southern border are looking for safety. They don't want to cause trouble. They are escaping it.

Most of the asylum seekers would never be approved for citizenship. The numbers are against them. They could apply legally and wait for the rest of their lives and the odds are they would never be accepted.

If they come and apply for asylum they are not breaking in. Your argument is vaporized. POOF! Saying they either apply for legal citizenship or they are breaking in is incorrect.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

10. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello Heff,

A mother wants safety for her offspring. This is built into the DNA of all species. If clear and present danger threatens safety it is instinctive for her to move to safety. There is no time to wait around for a long process of unclear results.

Many of the people approaching our southern border are looking for safety. They don't want to cause trouble. They are escaping it.

Most of the asylum seekers would never be approved for citizenship. The numbers are against them. They could apply legally and wait for the rest of their lives and the odds are they would never be accepted.

If they come and apply for asylum they are not breaking in. Your argument is vaporized. POOF! Saying they either apply for legal citizenship or they are breaking in is incorrect.
    They are doing what almost all our relatives did. Coming to America for a chance to have a better life and escape crime. They want their kids to have a chance.

11. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 43 Times in 37 Posts

Illegal immigration ..... Is a crime .

12. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Vasquezrocks,

Quote Originally Posted by Vasquezrocks View Post
    Illegal immigration ..... Is a crime .
    Seeking asylum is no crime.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

13. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 43 Times in 37 Posts

Hello Vasquezrocks,

Seeking asylum is no crime.
    Mexicans are NOT seeking asylum ....

14. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,770 Times in 7,271 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,060 Times in 1,005 Posts

Immigrants are not bringing crime.

President Trump is lying.

Once again, Trump lied.

Don't Fall For It!
    Nobody with a brain is falling for anything, politalker.
    Unfortunately, nobody has to pass an IQ test in order to vote.
    If we could lock the Trumpanzee crackers inside their trailer parks on election day, we'd have a hell of a good government as a result.
    Give them free meth and fentanyl if we have to.

But please, don't expect miracles by trying to talk to the cretins.

15. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Vasquezrocks,

And you have _______ supporting evidence to back that up?

I would expect that some do and some don't.

Besides. What is the problem. Did they take your migrant farm worker career? They just want to work and contribute to our economy. I don't see the downside.

16. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Nifty,

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    Nobody with a brain is falling for anything, politalker.
    Unfortunately, nobody has to pass an IQ test in order to vote.
    If we could lock the Trumpanzee crackers inside their trailer parks on election day, we'd have a hell of a good government as a result.
    Give them free meth and fentanyl if we have to.

But please, don't expect miracles by trying to talk to the cretins.
    I disagree. Such a liberal victory would be a shallow one. And it would be short-lived, destined to provoke a nasty return. We need to triumph fair and square. Our ideas, concepts and platforms are superior to theirs. The merits of our arguments are destined to prevail. The harder we have to fight for the hearts and minds of the country, the more long-lasting our victory will be. We have all the pieces we need to build a fantastic country. All we have to do is overcome tremendous greed and power. We cannot prevail if we stoop to the level of petty nastiness. That is not our road to the goal of a more caring nation.

We absolutely have to follow Michelle's rule. When they go low, we go high. We don't want to make them hate us. We need to let them love us. That door must remain open if we want a nation built on mutual caring.

17. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

They are Central Americans fleeing from an area that our policies helped destroy.