Members banned from this thread: Blackwater Lunchbreak, SmarterthanYou, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Granule, canceled.2021.1, Boris The Animal, canceled.2021.2, MAGA MAN, canceled.2021.3, iewitness, Irish, CFM, Ralph, Wolverine, Sailor, Life is Golden, Bigdog, TTQ64, Getin the ring, zymurgy, Evmetro, Superfreak, PraiseKek, Eagle_Eye, katzgar, Joe Capitalist, countryboy, Tommatthews, volsrock, The Ugly Truth, BodyDouble, coolzone, rhym3pays, LV426, Loving91390, Yurt, Into the Night, Tkaffen, Enlightened One, Anarchon, artichoke, Bobb and lisasanders1964

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Immigrants Are Not Bringing Crime Into The USA. They Are Coming Here To Escape It.

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,834 Times in 17,265 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,601 Times in 4,278 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Nifty,

I disagree. Such a liberal victory would be a shallow one. And it would be short-lived, destined to provoke a nasty return. We need to triumph fair and square. Our ideas, concepts and platforms are superior to theirs. The merits of our arguments are destined to prevail. The harder we have to fight for the hearts and minds of the country, the more long-lasting our victory will be. We have all the pieces we need to build a fantastic country. All we have to do is overcome tremendous greed and power. We cannot prevail if we stoop to the level of petty nastiness. That is not our road to the goal of a more caring nation.

We absolutely have to follow Michelle's rule. When they go low, we go high. We don't want to make them hate us. We need to let them love us. That door must remain open if we want a nation built on mutual caring.
    Michelle helpd blow it for Clinton. High was not where Trump pushed the campaign., He went to low levels that are the lowest in memory. Clinton should have hit Trump for his bigotry and crookedness. The reds were emotionally involved and impervious to policy. They were consumed by fear and bigotry, which suddenly was allowed to be stated in the open. Their anger was channeled by Trump at the press and the Dems. It has not gone away.
    Last edited by Nordberg; 02-21-2019 at 01:07 PM.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Nordberg,

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Michelle helpd blow it for Clinton. High was not where Trump pushed the campaign., He went to low levels that are the lowest in memory. Clinton should have hit Trump for his bigotry and crookedness. The reds were emotionally involved and impervious to policy. They were consumed by fear and bigotry, which suddenly was allowed to be stated in the open. Their anger was channeled by Trump at the press and the Dems. It has not gone away.
    I understand. They will resist. It's not easy. We will never win them over. We need to outnumber them with a positive message. It can work. Let the media expose all the dirt. We need to stay positive, focus on the issues, stress the importance of it (easy task now) And bring good voters out in such numbers that the minority of deplorable people is overwhelmed by a larger margin than last time. We can do that with a good positive candidate.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,834 Times in 17,265 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,601 Times in 4,278 Posts

We are in Gresham's law territory. bad money drives out good. In America, bad philosophies drive out the good. Hate has taken a foothold in America since Trump gave it weird legitimacy. Fox gnus, Breitbart, and Infowars were treated as jokes. Now half of Trumps administration is out of that cesspool.
    I am hoping Trumps unexpected electoral college win put them in power before they were ready. It sure seems to be disintegrating. But they will fight hard to keep power. Trump recognizes no previous rules and laws. He makes his own up. He is our first king.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

PoliTalker (02-25-2019)

5. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 50 Times in 48 Posts

Immigrants are 22 percent of federal prison population

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...on-population/

That number pales compared to the number of Illegals in all States Prisons and doing county jail time.

Then theres those that commit crimes and are just deported

Incarcerating costs alone are staggering and that doesnt include everything else.

6. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Yoda,

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Immigrants are 22 percent of federal prison population

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...on-population/

That number pales compared to the number of Illegals in all States Prisons and doing county jail time.

Then theres those that commit crimes and are just deported

Incarcerating costs alone are staggering and that doesnt include everything else.
    And I presume most of them are otherwise law abiding individuals whose only 'crime' is being born in the wrong country.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

7. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello Yoda,

And I presume most of them are otherwise law abiding individuals whose only 'crime' is being born in the wrong country.
    You presume wrong, I suggest you read this article, I could provide many more. There are certain topics that americans NEVER get the truth about and crime and crime statistics of any kind are near top of the list.

The truth about crime, illegal immigrants and sanctuary cities

https://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-bl...nctuary-cities

8. #37 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,617 Times in 17,056 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    Nobody with a brain is falling for anything, politalker.
    Unfortunately, nobody has to pass an IQ test in order to vote.
    If we could lock the Trumpanzee crackers inside their trailer parks on election day, we'd have a hell of a good government as a result.
    Give them free meth and fentanyl if we have to.

But please, don't expect miracles by trying to talk to the cretins.
    You are correct, no one with a brain is falling for the bullshit you spew.
    You keep bringing up trailer parks, aren't most in trailer parks on welfare
    sitting home watching idiots like you on Jerry Springer?
    Trash like you should be used for fertilizer in our rural fields, but there are
    restrictions on what we can add to the soil, so degenerates like you would
    be considered pollution. A better place would be in our sewage treatment
    plants.
    Face the facts, no one disagrees with legal immigration, all are welcomed
    and most become productive citizens. It's those who think they can waltz
    in and take advantage of the government handouts (which are intended
    briefly for AMERICANS who fall on hard times, not become a career choice)
    that we don't want. It isn't fair to those who come here through the legal
    channels when we accept any looking for amnesty or supporting those who
    cross our borders illegally. F*** them and f*** you, you abject piece of shit.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

9. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,077 Times in 7,507 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,104 Times in 1,049 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    You are correct, no one with a brain is falling for the bullshit you spew.
    You keep bringing up trailer parks, aren't most in trailer parks on welfare
    sitting home watching idiots like you on Jerry Springer?
    Trash like you should be used for fertilizer in our rural fields, but there are
    restrictions on what we can add to the soil, so degenerates like you would
    be considered pollution. A better place would be in our sewage treatment
    plants.
    Face the facts, no one disagrees with legal immigration, all are welcomed
    and most become productive citizens. It's those who think they can waltz
    in and take advantage of the government handouts (which are intended
    briefly for AMERICANS who fall on hard times, not become a career choice)
    that we don't want. It isn't fair to those who come here through the legal
    channels when we accept any looking for amnesty or supporting those who
    cross our borders illegally. F*** them and f*** you, you abject piece of shit.
    <yawn> 60 isn't an RB number. It's for a guard, usually.

10. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 43 Times in 37 Posts

Hello Yoda,

The dumbest post I have ever read ......

11. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Yoda,

You presume wrong, I suggest you read this article, I could provide many more. There are certain topics that americans NEVER get the truth about and crime and crime statistics of any kind are near top of the list.

I consider the term 'article' to refer to a news report.

What you have linked is what I refer to as an 'opinion piece.'

I began reading the opinion piece that you linked. Here is my impression: The very first phrase set the bias of the opinion piece:

"There has been much rhetoric from the left..."

OK. We have someone who is a stereotyper. Someone who considers 'The left" to be like one person with one voice. It continues:

"There has been much rhetoric from the left and the open-borders, pro-illegal immigration lobby suggesting that illegal immigrants pose no threat to the safety and security of this nation and commit less crimes than their American Citizen and legal immigrant counterparts."

I think it is wonderful that The Hill would print this opinion piece, which shows they are balanced. And I also appreciate that they didn't edit out such grammatical errors as "commit less crimes." (That should have been "commit fewer crimes.")

Also, the writer is placing words in the mouths of liberals, claiming that 'the left' says immigrants 'pose no threat.' I don't recall anyone saying that, left or right. People pose a threat no matter where they come from. You get enough people gathered together and somebody in that crowd is going to have nefarious tendencies. But when some of those people in our nation are without legal status, they certainly do not intend to get caught breaking the law, which could mean deportation.

Oh my. This writer's grammar is atrocious:

"I am a former Spanish speaking career detective who investigated violent crimes within the Hispanic and other ethnic immigrant communities."

The writer no longer speaks Spanish?

I have read enough of this garbage. There is nothing to be learned here. It's an opinion piece. The writer is trying to gain our confidence that we should listen to his opinion and take it as fact. I'm not buying in.

12. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Yoda,

I continued reading the opinion piece you linked.

The writer tries to tell us what we should think:

"As Americans, we should only care about three things: (1) are the immigrants in the U.S. illegally; (2) have they committed violent crimes predominantly against U.S. citizens; and (3) had these criminals not been in our country illegally, these crimes, the victimization of our citizens and the costs of their crimes borne by American taxpayers could have been completely avoided."

Pardon me but I will make up my own mind what to think. And I like to base that on facts rather than opinion. The writer appears to be on a mission to get us to be very afraid that there is some big problem with violent crime. But the writer has a problem with that. The writer doesn't mention it, but I already know that violent crime has been in decline in recent years.

"Research conducted by the federal government oversight organization Judicial Watch in 2014 documents that..."

Wait a moment. What is this organization called "Judicial Watch?" I stopped to look that up in Wikipedia:

"Judicial Watch (JW) is an American conservative activist group[1] and self-styled watchdog group[2][3] that files Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuits to investigate claimed misconduct by government officials.

Founded in 1994, JW has primarily targeted Democrats, in particular the Clinton administration, the Obama administration, and Hillary Clinton, although it has sued Republicans as well including the administration of George W. Bush. It has also filed lawsuits against government climate scientists; Judicial Watch has described climate science as "fraud science". The group has made numerous false and unsubstantiated claims, which have been picked up by right-wing news outlets. The vast majority of its lawsuits have been dismissed.[1]"

OK, got it. Now I understand where this is coming from.

"Research conducted by the federal government oversight organization Judicial Watch in 2014 documents that 50 percent of all federal crimes were committed near our border with Mexico. "

Wait a minute. I thought the writer was talking about violent crimes? Now he is referring to statistics on all crimes. That's misleading.... Violent crimes and all crimes are two different things.

"According to the FBI, 67,642 murders were committed in the U.S. from 2005 through 2008, and 115,717 from 2003 through 2009. The General Accounting Office documents that criminal immigrants committed 25,064 of these murders. "

Why do we only get information from these years? That's strange. I thought the writer was going to fill us in on 'the facts.' It seems to be the facts would include data from all years, not a specifically cherry-picked narrow range. The way we only get facts from a few years makes me wonder if we are really getting the whole story or simply whatever made the opinion piece writer's case appear more convincing.

The opinion piece concludes:

"So the next time you hear some Open Borders politician or pro illegal immigrant surrogates advocate on their behalf, ask yourself why we as American citizens need to bear the increasing costs of violence, victimization and burdensome taxes in subsidizing illegal immigrant criminals who shouldn’t be in our country in the first place."

But wait a minute. Nowhere in the opinion piece is it shown that these costs are on the increase!

And, pardon me, but just who are these 'Open Borders politicians' in the first place. I am not aware of ANY politician advocating for open borders. That just sounds like more made-up 'alternate facts' baloney he is putting into the mouths of some 'straw men' imaginary individuals from 'the left.' Nobody has been advocating for open borders. This guy is strongly in opposition to people with opinions which simply don't exist. Imaginary boogie men from 'the left.' Perhaps he should spend more time listening to what different people on the left are actually saying instead of making it up and stuffing it in their mouths.

13. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You should make up your own mind and I certainly didnt say you shouldnt, I think you missed the point

Everything in the article is fact, and this is my opinion the democrats like illegal votes more than they like americans

14. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Illegal immigration is a scourge on this country, we cant afford them, every statistic by mainstream media is a lie.
    You call the hill an opinion piece, there are facts in that article that are indisputable, worse than an opinion is outright LIES and thats what the mainstream media offers us.

If you were a detective than you know the cost of incarceration, just the healthcare alone if one inmate gets sick can be in the millions.

Why should american citizens be subjected to more major crimes because democrats want votes. Why should american taxpayers pay for health care and education two HUGE costs by themselves without all other costs from illegal immigration bear that burden so democrats can have illegal votes.

Absolutely no argument no opinion justifies the rape of our border and the cost to all americans

15. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Yoda,

You should make up your own mind and I certainly didnt say you shouldnt, I think you missed the point

Everything in the article is fact, and this is my opinion the democrats like illegal votes more than they like americans
    "Everything in the article is fact" - Not True. The very first sentence is incorrect:

"There has been much rhetoric from the left and the open-borders, pro-illegal immigration lobby suggesting that illegal immigrants pose no threat to the safety and security of this nation and commit less crimes than their American Citizen and legal immigrant counterparts."

Despite being grammatically incorrect, the statement is factually incorrect. An 'open borders lobby' does not even exist. Who is lobbying for open borders? What group? None. There is no such group.

Conversely, where is this 'pro-illegal immigration lobby?' That is another manufactured foe. Doesn't even exist! Please reference any such group, if you believe it exists.

Also, what group is claiming that illegal immigrants 'pose no threat?'

The actual claim is that they pose no more threat than fellow American citizens.

I would advise against placing faith in writers who create their own 'alternate facts' and whom make flat out false statements based on non-facts.

Also, don't believe that there have been illegal votes. That is rhetoric unsupported by any fact. It is just another something President Trump said which has never been proven. What happened to the President's commission to uncover all the illegal votes? Hunh? NOTHING. It was disbanded. They didn't find anything. Don't believe it. Your opinion is incorrect.

16. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Yoda,

Illegal immigration is a scourge on this country, we cant afford them, every statistic by mainstream media is a lie.
    Immigration is what built this country. 'Illegal immigrants' are coming here to try to build a better life, just like immigrants have done throughout history. There is no valid reason to believe otherwise.

You call the hill an opinion piece,
    I call it exactly what it is. The Hill calls it that. That is why it is appropriately labelled: "By Ron Martinelli, opinion contributor - 04/19/17 07:00 PM EDT"

there are facts in that article that are indisputable, worse than an opinion is outright LIES and thats what the mainstream media offers us.
    The mainstream media is far more vetted and reliable than Trump supporters understand.

If you were a detective than you know the cost of incarceration, just the healthcare alone if one inmate gets sick can be in the millions.

Why should american citizens be subjected to more major crimes because democrats want votes.
    They are not.

Why should american taxpayers pay for health care and education two HUGE costs by themselves without all other costs from illegal immigration bear that burden so democrats can have illegal votes.
    You have not shown that there are illegal votes. You can't. There are not.

Absolutely no argument no opinion justifies the rape of our border and the cost to all americans
    "The truth is that undocumented immigrants contribute more in payroll taxes than they will ever consume in public benefits."

Also consider that they are working for American employers who are making big money from their work. Those American employers are then paying higher taxes because they are richer. Also, immigrants are buying things and generating / contributing to GDP and thus even more revenue for the US government.

Without 'illegal immigrants' our GDP WOULD BE SMALLER.

Now THAT is fact.

Like it or not it is a fact.

Immigrants contribute to our GDP, they pay taxes, and they use fewer government programs than Americans do. They pay into Social Security, but they never collect benefits. They also are ineligible to collect unemployment insurance benefits.

5 Immigration Myths Debunked