Members banned from this thread: Hermes Thoth, SmarterthanYou, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Granule, canceled.2021.1, Boris The Animal, canceled.2021.2, MAGA MAN, canceled.2021.3, iewitness, Irish, CFM, Ralph, Wolverine, Sailor, Life is Golden, Bigdog, TTQ64, Getin the ring, zymurgy, Evmetro, Superfreak, PraiseKek, Eagle_Eye, katzgar, Joe Capitalist, countryboy, Tommatthews, volsrock, The Ugly Truth, BodyDouble, coolzone, rhym3pays, LV426, Loving91390, Yurt, Into the Night, Tkaffen, Enlightened One, Anarchon, artichoke, Bobb and lisasanders1964

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Immigrants Are Not Bringing Crime Into The USA. They Are Coming Here To Escape It.

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Immigrants Are Not Bringing Crime Into The USA. They Are Coming Here To Escape It.

"Cato found that in 2015, criminal conviction and arrest rates in Texas for undocumented immigrants were lower than those of native-born Americans for murder, sexual assault and larceny."

The CATO Institute!

Hello.

That's a conservative outfit.

It was founded as the Charles Koch Foundation. Later the name was changed.

Illegal Immigration Does Not Increase Violent Crime, 4 Studies Show

PoliTalker anti-troll thread thief disclaimer: If this thread is stolen, plagiarized, will the thief have the nerve to use the entire OP, word for word? Including this disclaimer? If you want my take on it, you'll have to post to this original PoliTalker thread. I refuse to be an enabler for online bullies, so I won't post to a stolen thread. I won't even read it. If you don't see me, PoliTalker, posting in this thread check the author. This might be a hijacked thread, not the original.

The Cato Institute study was just one of FOUR which all indicated the same thing.

Immigrants are not bringing crime.

President Trump is lying.

Once again, Trump lied.

Don't Fall For It!

Trump is ripping you off. He is 'making a deal' on YOU.

And guess what. He never comes out the loser, and he always makes win-lose deals. He wins, you lose. He distracts you with baloney, and you don't notice as his hand is in your pocket. He's got you all worried about illegal immigration, calling a crisis, calling it an emergency and he's lying. Don't buy it. Don't let him distract you as he signs off on tax breaks for the rich, giving away the farm to the rich, pumping up Wall Street, pumping up all the biggest corporations, making them and their owners 'a lot richer.' (his words)

Are YOU 'a lot richer?' If you are, then you must not be one of the 78% of Americans living paycheck to paycheck.

We need policy that works for EVERYBODY, not just the rich.

We need policy that Promotes the General Welfare, not hatred and tax breaks for the rich.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

iolo (03-18-2019), kudzu (02-19-2019), lisasanders1964 (02-19-2019)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,879 Times in 6,106 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 580 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    "Cato found that in 2015, criminal conviction and arrest rates in Texas for undocumented immigrants were lower than those of native-born Americans for murder, sexual assault and larceny."

The CATO Institute!

Hello.

That's a conservative outfit.

It was founded as the Charles Koch Foundation. Later the name was changed.

Illegal Immigration Does Not Increase Violent Crime, 4 Studies Show

PoliTalker anti-troll thread thief disclaimer: If this thread is stolen, plagiarized, will the thief have the nerve to use the entire OP, word for word? Including this disclaimer? If you want my take on it, you'll have to post to this original PoliTalker thread. I refuse to be an enabler for online bullies, so I won't post to a stolen thread. I won't even read it. If you don't see me, PoliTalker, posting in this thread check the author. This might be a hijacked thread, not the original.

The Cato Institute study was just one of FOUR which all indicated the same thing.

Immigrants are not bringing crime.

President Trump is lying.

Once again, Trump lied.

Don't Fall For It!

Trump is ripping you off. He is 'making a deal' on YOU.

And guess what. He never comes out the loser, and he always makes win-lose deals. He wins, you lose. He distracts you with baloney, and you don't notice as his hand is in your pocket. He's got you all worried about illegal immigration, calling a crisis, calling it an emergency and he's lying. Don't buy it. Don't let him distract you as he signs off on tax breaks for the rich, giving away the farm to the rich, pumping up Wall Street, pumping up all the biggest corporations, making them and their owners 'a lot richer.' (his words)

Are YOU 'a lot richer?' If you are, then you must not be one of the 78% of Americans living paycheck to paycheck.

We need policy that works for EVERYBODY, not just the rich.

We need policy that Promotes the General Welfare, not hatred and tax breaks for the rich.
    You'd think by now most Americans would get it.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk
    He who is the author of a war lets loose the whole contagion of hell and opens a vein that bleeds a nation to death. Thomas Paine

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 43 Times in 37 Posts

It only takes one to destroy your life . Why don't you open up your home and invite them in .

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Vasquezrocks,

Quote Originally Posted by Vasquezrocks View Post
    It only takes one to destroy your life . Why don't you open up your home and invite them in .
    It would be riskier to take in an American into your home than it would be to take in an immigrant.

Four studies show it. They all show the same thing. And it makes sense. It is only logical that undocumented immigrants don't want to cause any trouble. They don't want to come under the scrutiny of government officials. They want to stay out of trouble. The last thing they want to do is break laws, get arrested and get deported.

An American risks jail time.

An immigrant risks jail time and/or getting thrown out of the country.

The immigrant has more to lose.

And often, if they mess up, it means their family also gets broken up.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Bourbon (02-19-2019)

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vasquezrocks View Post

So you only LOCK your Doors because of Black and Brown People .... Correct?
    ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bourbon For This Post:

PoliTalker (02-19-2019)

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,570 Times in 17,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

The Koch brothers father started the John Birch Society. These Kochs figured out infiltration was better than confrontation. Especially if you are rich and have power and control. Now they' re backing right-wing gnus and far-right politicians. This iteration is scarier than the old. They are using donations with control hooks in universities and businesses. They give millions to a college and decide the curiculum and the professors.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

PoliTalker (02-19-2019)

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The mess in Central America is a lot of America's doing. https://medium.com/s/story/timeline-...a-a9bea9ebc148 We created the disasters they are fleeing.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

PoliTalker (02-19-2019)

13. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Nordberg,

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    The Koch brothers father started the John Birch Society. These Kochs figured out infiltration was better than confrontation. Especially if you are rich and have power and control. Now they' re backing right-wing gnus and far-right politicians. This iteration is scarier than the old. They are using donations with control hooks in universities and businesses. They give millions to a college and decide the curiculum and the professors.
    THERE'S the real deep state.

What we liberals need - is some kind of cutsie buzzword sound byte for it.

The way the rich and powerful exert their control over the masses to keep liberals and conservatives fighting one another instead of the 99.9% ganging up on the super-rich, which is the one thing they fear the most. Simple information could render their vast wealth powerless.

We need a 'deep state' buzzword for that.

I don't think 'class war' really says it.

It's insidious.

14. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Nordberg,

The mess in Central America is a lot of America's doing. https://medium.com/s/story/timeline-...a-a9bea9ebc148 We created the disasters they are fleeing.
    What a great article.

Immigrants: "We are here because you were THERE!"

Warning to others:

Only read that article if you want to know the history of why El Salvador is struggling and why it has become the refuge of drug gangs created by the USA.

If you just want to continue to buy into the surface-deep soundbytes and ignorance, don't bother to read it.

15. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Nordberg,

THERE'S the real deep state.

What we liberals need - is some kind of cutsie buzzword sound byte for it.

The way the rich and powerful exert their control over the masses to keep liberals and conservatives fighting one another instead of the 99.9% ganging up on the super-rich, which is the one thing they fear the most. Simple information could render their vast wealth powerless.

We need a 'deep state' buzzword for that.

I don't think 'class war' really says it.

It's insidious.
    Bigger than you might think. The wealthy have been in the process of gobbling up the media. Corporations have bought up newspapers, TV stations, Magazines, radio stations and like Sinclair, buying up local news. You can say it is just business, but it is very wealthy with a righty agenda doing it. https://www.cjr.org/resources/?c=comcast The wealthy started buying newspapers several decades ago and shut down many of them. They consolidated them too . Most cities had left, right and center papers. Now they have one.

16. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Nordberg,

Bigger than you might think. The wealthy have been in the process of gobbling up the media. Corporations have bought up newspapers, TV stations, Magazines, radio stations and like Sinclair, buying up local news. You can say it is just business, but it is very wealthy with a righty agenda doing it. https://www.cjr.org/resources/?c=comcast The wealthy started buying newspapers several decades ago and shut down many of them. They consolidated them too . Most cities had left, right and center papers. Now they have one.
    I know. It's terrible. The internet opened up a world of information but most people only use it for play. Along the way, news media is dying out / getting taken over. Simple information has been weaponized in the class war. No wonder they don't want efficient and effective public education.

That link you posted is scary.

Talk about mind control.

We used to worry about big brother. People were afraid government was collecting too much information, making lists. Heck. government is the only entity we can use to stem the way capitalism is collecting and using information on people.

The government doesn't have to collect lists and files. The capitalist world has already done it. The government merely needs to subpoena big business for it any time they need it.

Fear of government is so displaced. The real thing to fear is corporate power.

17. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Read "Confessions of an Economic Hitman" by Perkins. It was his job to get control over a countries economy and politics for the American capitalists. He explains how they did it.
    Alsl Smedley Butler, the WW1 was hero general. He said his job was to conquer governments for American corporations. He was even asked by bankers and the wealthy to overthrow FDR. They had a plot going . It was adjudicated behind closed doors and no wealthy person was named or harmed. https://timeline.com/business-plot-o...r-9a59a012c32a

18. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 43 Times in 37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon View Post
    So you only LOCK your Doors because of Black and Brown People .... Correct?
    Where I live ... Mostly brown people .

19. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,879 Times in 6,106 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 580 Posts
    Blog Entries

I thought Robert Welch started the John Birch Society.
    He who is the author of a war lets loose the whole contagion of hell and opens a vein that bleeds a nation to death. Thomas Paine

20. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by kudzu View Post
    I thought Robert Welch started the John Birch Society.
    Fred Koch was a founding member. He was involved from 1958 it's first year. There were 11 in the fight club.