Thread: The Creation Of Wealth

1. #91 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,835 Times in 8,249 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,899 Times in 5,299 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    The workers create the product and the wealth. Used to be if a company succeeded, so did the workers. Now a company can be making big profits and fire workers and even start making product offshore.
    GM has made enormous profits last year and shed 4000 workers. The boss said if we don't do it when we are making profits, then when should we. Well, how about when things go bad and they fire workers. She made no sense. Now it is the same ,shed workers when it is going good or going badly. It is always the right time.
    You are preaching to the choir fine Sir.
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

2. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 35 Times in 34 Posts

Nordick
    I can talk to you about economics all day.
    Unlike some countries companies are owned by the share holder. If you own stock or a 401K (depending on your selection) you own shares of a company.
    Your investment provides capital to the company you own.
    That capital is used to invest in the company and if the company grows that means the value of your shares go up and may mean more jobs and more economic activity.

I’m sorry your such a loser. I’m sorry your so fuckin lazy.
    If you were a hard worker and bright (which apparently you are not), you could advance and make more money. If you were a hard worker you could get an education and secure a loan to start your own business. Maybe that business will take off and you will find wealth and people can than call you a shithead for not paying your employees enough.

I’m going to make this as simple for you as possible. Businesses small and large are created to make a profit. I know the word profit is a dirty word for a communist like you. If businesses don’t make a profit they go out of business and people loss their job and have to find another. Profit is good because that means people are working.

You mention GM. This shows your true ignorance on the subject.
    GM employs 170,000. You should know that GM has many divisions under the parent name. If one of those divisions is not make a profit (that dirty word again), changes are made. The market changes, some of the cars being produced are not selling. If you did your homework instead of making things up you would realize customer preferences have changed. Tesla was a factor as well as Uber and Lyft. GM will be producing more electric vehicles, they will streamline the number of models produced, increase utilization of existing plants. You forget to mention that many of the workers lay-offed will have the opportunity to shift to other GM plants. They were also offered a buyout.

The people with the wealth gave workers the opportunity to create the product and in the process collect a paycheck.
    I’m sure you will defend your liberal friend Bill Gates. I believe he is the second riches man in the world.

They made products offshore because the tax burden on corporations were too high. We could not compete with foreign companies.
    This is not France. You are not guaranteed a job for life. If you get fired go find another job. In a health economy if you are bright and educated, employers may compete for you. Obviously you don’t fit that category.

PS it was 7% of GM workforce that was laid off (14K). By the way your a fuckin lair. The boss never said any such thing.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tkaffen For This Post:

anatta (02-19-2019), Evmetro (02-19-2019), Sailor (02-19-2019)

4. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,966 Times in 32,281 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rune View Post
    I get it. You are a renter as well as a parasite.
    /shrugs......if I were a blacksmith, I would have learned how to make horseshoes......

5. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tkaffen View Post
    Nordick
    Unlike some countries companies are owned by the share holder. If you own stock or a 401K (depending on your selection) you own shares of a company.
    That capital is used to invest in the company and if the company grows that means the value of your shares go up and may mean more jobs and more economic activity.

If you were a hard worker and bright (which apparently you are not), you could advance and make more money.
    If you were a hard worker you could get an education and secure a loan to start your own business. Maybe that business will take off and you will find wealth and people can than call you a shithead for not paying your employees enough.

I’m going to make this as simple for you as possible. Businesses small and large are created to make a profit. I know the word profit is a dirty word for a communist like you. If businesses don’t make a profit they go out of business and people loss their job and have to find another. Profit is good because that means people are working.

GM employs 170,000. You should know that GM has many divisions under the parent name. If one of those divisions is not make a profit (that dirty word again), changes are made. The market changes, some of the cars being produced are not selling. If you did your homework instead of making things up you would realize customer preferences have changed. Tesla was a factor as well as Uber and Lyft. GM will be producing more electric vehicles, they will streamline the number of models produced, increase utilization of existing plants. You forget to mention that many of the workers lay-offed will have the opportunity to shift to other GM plants. They were also offered a buyout.

The people with the wealth gave workers the opportunity to create the product and in the process collect a paycheck.
    I’m sure you will defend your liberal friend Bill Gates. I believe he is the second riches man in the world.

They made products offshore because the tax burden on corporations were too high. We could not compete with foreign companies.
    This is not France. You are not guaranteed a job for life. If you get fired go find another job. In a health economy if you are bright and educated, employers may compete for you. Obviously you don’t fit that category.

PS it was 7% of GM workforce that was laid off (14K). By the way your a fuckin lair. The boss never said any such thing.
    This is outstanding. As far as the bolded above though you might have to take it easy on Nordberg. I am sure that is a family trait for generations upon generations.

6. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,520 Times in 5,217 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,477 Times in 2,299 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Old Trapper View Post
    The idea that you love America is horse shit, on that I can agree. The Amerika you love is called Russia. I think you are in the wrong place.
    More faulty premise bullshit

7. #96 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,548 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 201 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by I Love America View Post
    More faulty premise bullshit
    Less so then the trash you post everyday. You hate what the Founding Fathers stood for. You hate the Constitution. You hate helping others. In fact, I can think of nothing abut America that you like.
    "2Timothy 3 "But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away"

8. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Nordick

If you were a hard worker and bright (which apparently you are not), you could advance and make more money. If you were a hard worker you could get an education and secure a loan to start your own business. Maybe that business will take off and you will find wealth and people can than call you a shithead for not paying your employees enough.

outstanding. it takes capital to start/expand a business

"economic activity" is how we grow wealth

9. The Following User Groans At anatta For This Awful Post:

Rune (02-20-2019)

10. #98 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,121 Times in 2,441 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 265 Times in 242 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rune View Post
    Shitstain, it produces income.
    Income is not wealth.

Stop trying to fit a large concept into your precircumscibed box.
    "income is not wealth" hits home for me, and earlier you mentioned living below your means and saving money to create wealth. Very good. It's not what you make, it's what you save.
    The Truth Does Not Need To Be Supported With Censorship.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Evmetro For This Post:

Rune (02-20-2019)

12. #99 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Well some in the Democratic Party want a 70 to 90% tax bracket for the wealthy.
    Can’t wait for that to happen. That money will invest overseas.
    If they increase the corporate tax burden, companies will start to move overseas.
    New York is a good example of the money moving out of state due to the high tax burden.
    yep "capital flight" from onerous business climate.taxes

The world is flat -you damn sure need to know how to compete against it or it robs your economy

13. The Following User Says Thank You to anatta For This Post:

Tkaffen (02-19-2019)

14. #100 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello noise,

I understand more than you acknowledge. Of course money is moved when workers are paid.

It is not the fact that money is moving that creates the wealth when work is done. That is merely the instrument which represents the wealth which was created by the work. It is the fact that the work was done which created a service or product of value.
    unle4ss you get paid ( move money) there is no inherent wealth in cutting the lawn.
    The fact money is fungible is what allows for diverse economic activity to build GDP

15. The Following User Says Thank You to anatta For This Post:

Evmetro (02-19-2019)

16. #101 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello noise,

I can't really blame you for not reading it, even though it makes a very good point.

I would not read further in any post which began by insulting me. If a poster makes a personal attack it serves as notice that more can be expected. If the communication is returned it establishes an abuser/enabler relationship. The reply says without words that it is OK to continue the abuse.

Here's a tidbit.

Ever heard the term 'unearned income?'

That's income from investments.

Wealth is 'created,' but no work is done to create it. Money is merely exchanged, without product or service or anything of value being created. It represents the wealth of previous work being traded at a later date after being held for a period of time.

When wealth is the result of simply moving money without doing any work, then old wealth is being exchanged, but new wealth is not being created.
    no what you are missing is that wealth creation is not a zero sum game within the US economy
    making money off investing is still creating wealth - you might be a winner on a stock a Chinese player might lose. Money is shifted into our economy, and your bankbook . wealth is created in our economy and your bankbook

17. #102 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,121 Times in 2,441 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 265 Times in 242 Posts
    Blog Entries

One does not need to have a windfall or to steal in order to create wealth, since wealth is simply what we have above and beyond our immediate financial obligations. A minimum wage employee who saves 25 bucks a month above and beyond his financial obligations and out of his paycheck creates 25 bucks of wealth every month. If he invests the 25 bucks of wealth that he creates every month into a stock that pays him 50 cents per $25 share per quarter, he can create even more wealth. If he keeps living below his means for long enough, he can create enough wealth to where he no longer needs to work.
    The Truth Does Not Need To Be Supported With Censorship.

18. #103 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

good topic

19. #104 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello anatta,

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    unle4ss you get paid ( move money) there is no inherent wealth in cutting the lawn.
    The fact money is fungible is what allows for diverse economic activity to build GDP
    I mow my own lawn. Nobody pays me. Nobody pays me to do any of the landscaping around my house. But in doing so, I build wealth because it increases the value of my home.

It is not the exchanging of money that creates the thing of value.

It is the work of creating that thing.

That is the essence of wealth.

Building value.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

20. #105 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,341 Times in 5,714 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 374 Times in 355 Posts

Hello anatta,

I mow my own lawn. Nobody pays me. Nobody pays me to do any of the landscaping around my house. But in doing so, I build wealth because it increases the value of my home.

It is not the exchanging of money that creates the thing of value.

It is the work of creating that thing.

That is the essence of wealth.

Building value.
    you're on drugs, right?

might I suggest replacing the gas cap after filling the lawn mower for the day
    This just In::: Trump indicted for living in liberals heads and not paying RENT

C̶N̶N̶ SNN.... Shithole News Network

Trump Is Coming back to a White House Near you

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Getin the ring For This Post:

Evmetro (02-20-2019)