Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Even at Top Colleges, Graduation Gaps Persist for Poor Students

1. #106 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,520 Times in 5,217 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,477 Times in 2,299 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Nope. Being pro immigration isn't being for open borders no matter hard you try and twist yourself into a pretzel to make it so.
    This will be real easy to solve for

Are you for or against efforts to stop ALL illegal immigration?

Simple yes or no will suffice. If you dissemble or obfuscate you only prove you are an open borders Trans Righty

2. #107 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by climate+equality View Post
    Affirmative action is a small amount of redress for 400+ years of oppression.
    What 400 years of oppression? Be specific now.

3. #108 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

The biggest beneficiary of AA has been (white) women. Today they make up a majority of students at most schools and a majority of graduates. How much longer do they need advantages?

4. #109 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,210 Times in 3,431 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,204 Times in 1,881 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf_Twitler View Post
    The fastest way to help college age students acquire college educations is to increase the minimum wage.

I think it is also time to start thinking about public funded Community college as a continuation of Public Schools or Public Education.

And I do not understand why community college has to be limited to two year associate degree.

I believe Community College should be publicly funded, and I believe they should offer 4 year degrees, as well.

And I also believe that Community Colleges should also be upgraded to offer trade school courses and certifications for those who are not seeking degrees.
    You talk about "college education" as if it is all one thing but a degree in poly sci or sociology or african studies is worthless while a degree in physics or engineering is a gold mine. We have to teach STEM only at schools and that means most students should not even be there. THINK
    Reckless drivers are a bigger threat to you than all other criminals put together!

THE BIG LIE - Blacks and whites are different physically but identical mentally!

There is no way 81 million americans voted for a man they know is a child molester w dementia. Impeach Joe the Pedophile Vegetable (JPV)

5. #110 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Blacks have never been oppressed. They are massively inferior mentally and that's why they have always been failures everywhere they exist.

1. Black-americans come in last in all standardized tests. Asian-americans do fine on all the tests so it's not due to cultural bias in the tests.

2. Africa is by far the poorest and most backward continent on the planet. All of black africa is now controlled by blacks and has been for decades so it's not due to racism.

3. No black has ever won a Science Nobel Prize unless you count one in 1979 for the semi-science of economics. They have won many nobels in non-brain fields like Peace and also in Literature so it is not due to racism.

4. Out of 1552 chess grandmasters in the world, only THREE are black.
    Reckless drivers are a bigger threat to you than all other criminals put together!

THE BIG LIE - Blacks and whites are different physically but identical mentally!

There is no way 81 million americans voted for a man they know is a child molester w dementia. Impeach Joe the Pedophile Vegetable (JPV)

6. #111 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The biggest beneficiary of AA has been (white) women. Today they make up a majority of students at most schools and a majority of graduates. How much longer do they need advantages?
    AA for women has to end also.

7. #112 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by I Love America View Post
    This will be real easy to solve for

Are you for or against efforts to stop ALL illegal immigration?

Simple yes or no will suffice. If you dissemble or obfuscate you only prove you are an open borders Trans Righty
    I don't support illegal immigration but I don't support the wall and don't support the declaration of emergency. I've seen you twist yourself in knots trying to justify the declaration but we all know damn well if someone like Obama had done something similar you would have (rightfully) screamed your head off. This is a simple case of the ends justify's the means and everything else, including future use of a declaration, be damned.

Supporting a wall isn't a test of one's conservatism. You just make up sh*t as you go.

8. #113 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

I don't support illegal immigration but I don't support the wall and don't support the declaration of emergency. I've seen you twist yourself in knots trying to justify the declaration but we all know damn well if someone like Obama had done something similar you would have (rightfully) screamed your head off. This is a simple case of the ends justify's the means and everything else, including future use of a declaration, be damned.

Supporting a wall isn't a test of one's conservatism. You just make up sh*t as you go.
    lol.. so you dont support illegal immigration but you won't support measures to stop it

Congress gave POTUS National Emergency Powers by statute - they ceded their appropriations authority under that declared condition

I love you old buddy, but one of these days you are gonna have to shit or get off the pot

9. #114 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    lol.. so you dont support illegal immigration but you won't support measures to stop it

Congress gave POTUS National Emergency Powers by statute - they ceded their appropriations authority under that declared condition

I love you old buddy, but one of these days you are gonna have to shit or get off the pot
    A wall and a declaration of emergency isn't going to stop anything. People will still come here. Our immigration system needs to be changed, there are multiple ways to go about it, but we choose not to do anything.

10. #115 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

A wall and a declaration of emergency isn't going to stop anything. People will still come here. Our immigration system needs to be changed, there are multiple ways to go about it, but we choose not to do anything.
    They won't be coming here illegally hiking across the border, or getting dropped off near the border by the busload.
    They will literally hit a wall.

I agree with you on immigration reform,and certainly reform would cut down on asylum claims -but no amount of reform will stop criminal illegals . Events like Kate Steinle's murder (multiple deportations and reentry) would stop.

11. #116 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

i will never understand #neverTrumps.
    I can get partisanship- I can't understand sitting in the middle of the road hoping Trump goes away

12. #117 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    i will never understand #neverTrumps.
    I can get partisanship- I can't understand sitting in the middle of the road hoping Trump goes away
    You are obviously very free to disagree with my position, I don't take it personally. But my position doesn't come from not voting for Trump. If someone else wanted to put a wall up like this I wouldn't support it. Same with the declaration of emergency. It's about what I believe and support which goes far deeper than any politician. It's something ILA doesn't understand.

13. #118 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 603 Times in 570 Posts

Translation: you are talking out of your *ss and can’t defend the statement because raising the minimum wage isn’t going to change anything for these kids
    Full-time students paying their own way through college are pretty much limited to night shift jobs that normally only pay minimum wages.

It's certainly not their fault that there are now, and have been, a bunch of Republican assholes in Washington DC that have failed to increase the minimum wage in over 27 years.

14. #119 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf_Twitler View Post
    Full-time students paying their own way through college are pretty much limited to night shift jobs that normally only pay minimum wages.

It's certainly not their fault that there are and have been a bunch of Republican assholes in Washington DC that have failed to increase the minimum wage in over 27 years.
    School costs thousands upon thousands of dollars. It changes nothing for a kid to go from $10 to $12 an hour. The issue in the OP is not the minimum wage.

15. #120 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

I think a giant wall can fix education. And if congress doesn't want one, fuck them, I'm king.