Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Even at Top Colleges, Graduation Gaps Persist for Poor Students

1. #91 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,520 Times in 5,217 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,477 Times in 2,299 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    I don’t support open borders so right off the bat you have to lie. You also lie about education. Yes, I support trade deals as do most conservatives.

So your issue is with abortion. Awesome
    Yes you support open borders. You don't admit it. But, you do. It is simple, you actually adopt leftist language when it comes to immigration. We want to stop ILLEGAL immigration, but as is the case with leftists you seem to think we oppose LEGAL immigration. I get it, you want someone to pick your oranges and keep them cheap.

You support trade deals because you have been told to support trade deals. You haven't thought through their impact. You don't think on your own. George Will and Max Boot told you that conservatives support free trade and free trade requires trade deals and you buy it.

If you really supported free trade and believed in it, then you wouldn't need a trade deal. Trade deals are for rent seekers trying to gain advantage. That is a lefty belief.

But, I know you think you are a Reagan conservative.

You aren't. You are a Rockefeller/Roosevelt progressive. It's ok. I am just glad I could help you towards your awakening

2. The Following User Says Thank You to canceled.2021.1 For This Post:

Earl (02-19-2019)

3. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,232 Times in 3,450 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,212 Times in 1,887 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by I Love America View Post
    I love it when you let your inner leftist come out.

Here is a thought, maybe these schools are accepting kids who should never be accepted in the first place? Maybe a combination of grade inflation and admissions quotas due to affirmative action some of these kids are being put in situations for which they are not ready to succeed?
    You left out the most important reason. Most of these kids are blacks and can't read. It's not the school's fault really. No matter how much education we give blacks, 90% of them will never be able to read a newspaper as fast as they talk. Very few blacks belong in college or even HS.
    Reckless drivers are a bigger threat to you than all other criminals put together!

THE BIG LIE - Blacks and whites are different physically but identical mentally!

There is no way 81 million americans voted for a man they know is a child molester w dementia. Impeach Joe the Pedophile Vegetable (JPV)

4. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,520 Times in 5,217 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,477 Times in 2,299 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Text Drivers are Killers View Post
    You left out the most important reason. Most of these kids are blacks and can't read. It's not the school's fault really. No matter how much education we give blacks, 90% of them will never be able to read a newspaper as fast as they talk. Very few blacks belong in college or even HS.
    That is nonsense

5. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,219 Times in 3,171 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 239 Times in 227 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    I do. I think very highly of Wacko...even if he is a bit naive.

Then again that probably doesn't help USC's cause in your book.
    Nope... noone respects a sheep fucker from Ohio either.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Superfreak For This Post:

Sailor (02-19-2019)

7. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,744 Times in 17,975 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,251 Times in 3,055 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    He's a moron. No one supports open borders. What we oppose are populist opportunist politicians manipulating mouth breathers that there is a non existent crisis and demonizing people from other countries. It's fucking grossly irresponsible and it's going to get innocent people hurt.
    Well, yes, many support open borders.

You can even buy Tee-shirts with open borders on them.

https://www.cafepress.com/+open-borders+t-shirts

8. #96 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,744 Times in 17,975 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,251 Times in 3,055 Posts
    Blog Entries

" SENATOR KAMALA HARRIS WANTS OPEN BORDERS AND DACA. PROTECTS HERSELF WITH A FORTRESS A

SENATOR KAMALA HARRIS WANTS OPEN BORDERS AND DACA. PROTECTS HERSELF WITH A FORTRESS AND ARMED GUARDS"

Feb 8, 2018

9. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by I Love America View Post
    Yes you support open borders. You don't admit it. But, you do. It is simple, you actually adopt leftist language when it comes to immigration. We want to stop ILLEGAL immigration, but as is the case with leftists you seem to think we oppose LEGAL immigration. I get it, you want someone to pick your oranges and keep them cheap.

You support trade deals because you have been told to support trade deals. You haven't thought through their impact. You don't think on your own. George Will and Max Boot told you that conservatives support free trade and free trade requires trade deals and you buy it.

If you really supported free trade and believed in it, then you wouldn't need a trade deal. Trade deals are for rent seekers trying to gain advantage. That is a lefty belief.

But, I know you think you are a Reagan conservative.

You aren't. You are a Rockefeller/Roosevelt progressive. It's ok. I am just glad I could help you towards your awakening
    Nope. Being pro immigration isn't being for open borders no matter hard you try and twist yourself into a pretzel to make it so.

10. #98 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
    Nope... noone respects a sheep fucker from Ohio either.
    That's not true. Dolly does.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

Sailor (02-19-2019)

12. #99 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 603 Times in 570 Posts

The fastest way to help college age students acquire college educations is to increase the minimum wage.

I think it is also time to start thinking about public funded Community college as a continuation of Public Schools or Public Education.

And I do not understand why community college has to be limited to two year associate degree.

I believe Community College should be publicly funded, and I believe they should offer 4 year degrees, as well.

And I also believe that Community Colleges should also be upgraded to offer trade school courses and certifications for those who are not seeking degrees.

13. #100 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf_Twitler View Post
    The fastest way to help college age students acquire college educations is to increase the minimum wage.

I think it is also time to start thinking about public funded Community college as a continuation of Public Schools or Public Education.

And I do not understand why community college has to be limited to two year associate degree.

I believe Community College should be publicly funded, and I believe they should offer 4 year degrees, as well.

And I also believe that Community Colleges should also be upgraded to offer trade school courses and certifications for those who are not seeking degrees.
    Increasing the minimum wage is going to do what to help low income kids in college?

14. #101 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 603 Times in 570 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Increasing the minimum wage is going to do what to help low income kids in college?
    THINK- and you will find your answer!

I know for you that that is a monumental personal challenge- But YOU CAN DO IT!

Because I believe, that- if you can remember to breath- you are not a total retardo!

15. #102 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I know for you that that is a monumental personal challenge- But YOU CAN DO IT!
    Translation: you are talking out of your *ss and can’t defend the statement because raising the minimum wage isn’t going to change anything for these kids

16. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

Sailor (02-19-2019)

17. #103 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,509 Times in 7,590 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hmmm. Low income kids are starving and can't concentrate as well as rich kids. Yeah, that's it.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

Sailor (02-19-2019)

19. #104 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

I finally figure you out TDK. You are angry because it finally dawned on you that you raised 3 black kids and you finally figured out that those "marriage counseling" meetings that only your wife could go to 3 nights a week, well, are the real reason for your kids.

20. #105 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 82 Times in 69 Posts

You stinking liar. We've had massive affirmative action in america for 50 years. AA is govt mandated persecution of white men and the biggest hate crime in america. THINK you miserable white-hating racist wretch.
    Affirmative action is a small amount of redress for 400+ years of oppression.