Thread: TVA Closes Paradise Fossil Number 3

1. #166 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Poor Richard Saunders View Post
    Actually, infrared radiation does cause the atmosphere to heat up because different molecules absorb different wavelengths. CO2, H2O and CH4 all absorb IR and cause an air mixture containing them to retain heat. That is some pretty simple science that has been known for over 100 years.
    No kidding. Looks like you just looked it up. Radiant heat from the sun does not warm or heat air in the atmosphere directly. Do you by any chance know the wave length spectrum given off by the sun? Try googling that.

2. #167 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 603 Times in 570 Posts

Every coal-fired electricity plant in America, is soon to be replaced with gas-fired generators!

Even their back-up systems.

Coke is still used in our steel and other metal foundries, and will probably always be used in the future. So it will not go away!

But coal's days are numbered, and America is moving on!

3. #168 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You should brush up on your grammar. The way you wrote that it grammatically implies you have once again revealed your un-erect penis to someone without their permission.

But really? "Limpdick?" Are you still a 12 year old?

Vast increases that fail to bring it back to what it was only 3 years ago? There were increases to get to 2014 but that was at the same time the US was seeing drops in coal production. Most of India's coal imports are not from the US and likely never will be. There are other producers that are closer.

I agree this is 2019 and in 2019 the US is currently seeing a drop in coal production compared to last year. Something you want to pretend isn't happening. That's the problem with facts. Eventually they can't be denied if you want to live in the real world.
    Just an accurate description. I am not going to apologize for the truth. You do know when folks go spelling nazi it is because they have nothing of substance, education or intellect to back up their argument. Of course you know that.

4. #169 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf_Twitler View Post
    Every coal-fired electricity plant in America, is soon to be replaced with gas-fired generators!

Even their back-up systems.

Coke is still used in our steel and other metal foundries, and will probably always be used in the future. So it will not go away!

But coal's days are numbered, and America is moving on!
    What part of export do you not understand?

5. #170 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 603 Times in 570 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    What part of exporting Natural Gas (because it is what is actually in demand Worldwide) do you not understand?

Coal is like cotton- it's a dying breed- it's being outdated around the world by modern technology!

6. #171 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf_Twitler View Post
    What part of exporting Natural Gas (because it is what is actually in demand Worldwide) do you not understand?

Coal is like cotton- it's being outdated around the world by technology!
    To bad real world figures do not prove that at all. Must suck to just believe anything you hear.

7. #172 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,626 Times in 7,127 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,985 Times in 2,707 Posts
    Blog Entries

What part of export is going to fade pretty soon don't you understand

8. #173 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,068 Times in 3,418 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 643 Times in 611 Posts

You stupid fuck.... Radiant heat DOES NOT HEAT AIR DIRECTLY.
    Quote Originally Posted by Poor Richard Saunders
    Actually, infrared radiation does cause the atmosphere to heat up because different molecules absorb different wavelengths.
    No kidding.
    So, now you are completely disagreeing with your earlier statement.

Looks like you just looked it up.
    Hardly. It's a common fact I have been aware of for over 40 years.

Radiant heat from the sun does not warm or heat air in the atmosphere directly. Do you by any chance know the wave length spectrum given off by the sun? Try googling that.
    Trying to move the goalposts? Too bad that even when attempting to do so you still fail in the science department. The sun radiates energy from the ultraviolet to infrared of about 4 microns. The majority of absorption radiation spikes for CO2 and H2O are in the range greater than a 4 micron wavelength but both do have areas less than 4 microns where they absorb energy.

The heating of the atmosphere from the earth's IR certainly is a lot more than that of the sun's IR but to claim it doesn't exist is to ignore science.

Perhaps if you used google you might find one of the many graphs that shows the sun's radiation and the absorption of CO2 and H20 superimposed on it.
    "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do."

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Poor Richard Saunders For This Post:

domer76 (02-20-2019)

10. #174 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,068 Times in 3,418 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 643 Times in 611 Posts

Just an accurate description. I am not going to apologize for the truth. You do know when folks go spelling nazi it is because they have nothing of substance, education or intellect to back up their argument. Of course you know that.
    Actually, it is more often that people start name calling because they have nothing of substance, education or intellect to back up their argument.
    You do a lot of name calling. My 'spelling nazi', as you want to refer to it, was hardly because I have no argument. It was to point out your name calling is even devoid of education and intellect.

But I didn't say anything about your spelling. If anything I was being a grammar nazi. But I guess that is just me having enough substance, education, and intellect to know the difference between grammar and spelling.
    "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do."

11. #175 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

So, now you are completely disagreeing with your earlier statement.

Hardly. It's a common fact I have been aware of for over 40 years.

Trying to move the goalposts? Too bad that even when attempting to do so you still fail in the science department. The sun radiates energy from the ultraviolet to infrared of about 4 microns. The majority of absorption radiation spikes for CO2 and H2O are in the range greater than a 4 micron wavelength but both do have areas less than 4 microns where they absorb energy.

The heating of the atmosphere from the earth's IR certainly is a lot more than that of the sun's IR but to claim it doesn't exist is to ignore science.

Perhaps if you used google you might find one of the many graphs that shows the sun's radiation and the absorption of CO2 and H20 superimposed on it.
    I have not changed what I have been saying here since this whole thing started. The problem is neither you nor Domer understand radiant heat. At all. Radiant heat does not heat air directly. It heats objects. For example there wannabe scientist, H2O particles are not air. Dust particles are not air. Soot is not air. You can stop trying to bullshit your way through things like Domer. You look just as stupid. You have to be another Democrat. They rely on idiots like you to keep them in office.

12. #176 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Actually, it is more often that people start name calling because they have nothing of substance, education or intellect to back up their argument.
    You do a lot of name calling. My 'spelling nazi', as you want to refer to it, was hardly because I have no argument. It was to point out your name calling is even devoid of education and intellect.

But I didn't say anything about your spelling. If anything I was being a grammar nazi. But I guess that is just me having enough substance, education, and intellect to know the difference between grammar and spelling.
    You have yet to show any of that. You are however really good at bullshitting.

13. #177 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by katzgar View Post
    What part of export is going to fade pretty soon don't you understand
    Kill yourself Katzgar. Try to keep up here. With facts.

14. #178 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,626 Times in 7,127 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,985 Times in 2,707 Posts
    Blog Entries

Kill yourself Katzgar. Try to keep up here. With facts.

The facts are coal jobs are dying now go smoke your crack pipe

15. #179 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by katzgar View Post
    The facts are coal jobs are dying now go smoke your crack pipe
    Coal exports are up big time. Production is up big time. Facts are very confusing things to Democrats.

16. #180 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Carbon dioxide absorbs infrared radiation (IR) in three narrow bands of wavelengths, which are 2.7, 4.3 and 15 micrometers (µM). They cause bending and stretching of the C=O bonds and, within femtoseconds, the photons are re-emitted in all directions. This is what causes a slight warming effect of the lower atmosphere albeit water vapour has a much greater effect. This has nothing to do with the radiant heating effect that Sailor is referring to, it is disingenuous to attempt to equate the radiative forcing effect with domestic radiant heating.
    Last edited by cancel2 2022; 02-20-2019 at 02:26 PM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

Sailor (02-20-2019)