Members banned from this thread: Hermes Thoth, SmarterthanYou, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Granule, canceled.2021.1, Boris The Animal, canceled.2021.2, MAGA MAN, canceled.2021.3, iewitness, Irish, CFM, Ralph, Wolverine, Sailor, Life is Golden, Bigdog, TTQ64, Getin the ring, zymurgy, Evmetro, Superfreak, PraiseKek, Eagle_Eye, katzgar, Joe Capitalist, countryboy, Tommatthews, volsrock, The Ugly Truth, BodyDouble, coolzone, rhym3pays, LV426, Loving91390, Yurt, Into the Night, Tkaffen, Enlightened One, Anarchon, artichoke, Bobb and lisasanders1964

Thread: President Trump's Ego Writes Check His Mouth Can't Cash: Kaepernick Won. NFL Loses.

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default President Trump's Ego Writes Check His Mouth Can't Cash: Kaepernick Won. NFL Loses.

Jemele Hill: (For The Atlantic)

"For one, the depositions showed just how much league owners were petrified of President Donald Trump, who had loudly criticized the player protests. According to The Wall Street Journal, Jerry Jones, who owns the Dallas Cowboys, testified in a deposition that the president had told him in a phone conversation, “This is a very winning, strong issue for me,” and “Tell everybody you can’t win this one. This one lifts me.”

Trump felt that public sentiment was on his side when it came to the player protests, and was warning that he would not back off. That conversation with Jones, and separate ones with the Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross and the New England Patriots owner Bob Kraft, suggested that the league was allowing their fear of Trump to influence how it dealt with Kaepernick and the other protesters.

Had Kaepernick’s case gone further, there was no question that more sensitive and damaging information would have come out. Who knows what was said about Kaepernick or other players in texts and emails. Even if Kaepernick had lost the case, the NFL would have been left with a significant mess."

Kaepernick Won. The NFL Lost. By Jemele Hill.

PoliTalker anti-troll thread thief disclaimer: If this thread is stolen, plagiarized, will the thief have the nerve to use the entire OP, word for word? Including this disclaimer? If you want my take on it, you'll have to post to this original PoliTalker thread. I refuse to be an enabler for online bullies, so I won't post to a stolen thread. I won't even read it. If you don't see me, PoliTalker, posting in this thread check the author. This might be a hijacked thread, not the original.

Leave it to President Trump to throw the NFL under the bus. (He has always been envious of them)

How many conservatives quit watching the NFL because Trump suggested a boycott?

More bully antics from an insecure unloved little boy, loose in a rich man's aging body. Never able to overcome his cold father's rejection, no matter how much wealth he chased his whole sad life.

Some people can't get past the disrespect for the anthem. For them, there is no other issue involved.

New Flash: Making a rather bold public display to bring attention to injustices suffered, and still being suffered, is about as American as one can get. Try exercising your First Amendment Rights:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Right on, Colin Kaepernick!
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Aimée (02-19-2019), Bourbon (02-18-2019)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

Kaepernick isn't under multiple State and Federal Investigations ...
    ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Kaepernick has done more for racial equality than President Trump.

Kaepernick works to improve racial equality.

Trump works to exploit racial inequality.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 12 Times in 11 Posts

Trump aside, the NFL simply paid to have a problem go away. Yes, Kaepernick got paid. And it was a LOT of money by most standards. But when you divide it by 32 teams, it isn’t huge by NFL standards. And it will end the loss of revenue caused by people being upset over the kneeling.

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello WinterBorn,

Quote Originally Posted by WinterBorn View Post
    Trump aside, the NFL simply paid to have a problem go away. Yes, Kaepernick got paid. And it was a LOT of money by most standards. But when you divide it by 32 teams, it isn’t huge by NFL standards. And it will end the loss of revenue caused by people being upset over the kneeling.
    Many ex-fans will never return to the NFL. The NFL will have to attract new fans to grow. The things being marketed by the NFL appeal to a vanishing audience.

Kaepernick never has to go back to playing anyway. His name is now a huge marketing asset. He has gained a larger audience than he would have by playing. He has already transformed his playing talent into name recognition. Name recognition is not only a marketable asset, it is a platform for free speech.

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Bump
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,564 Times in 17,091 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WinterBorn View Post
    Loss of money which can be attributed to Trump's big mouth.

9. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

bump
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!