Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why Trump will win

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,433 Times in 2,367 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 888 Times in 802 Posts
    Blog Entries

Doesn't matter. It will be overturned before it is sustained.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jimmymccready For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (02-18-2019)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon View Post
    I pay no attention to what Trump says, just what he does.
    He received 304 electoral votes. That's all you need to know.

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Earl,

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    Hey, B.

Did you miss this?

"Americans have elected Donald J. Trump as the 45th President of the United States. The Republican Party candidate defeated the Democratic Party nominee, Hillary Clinton.

The result is a shock to most political experts and pollsters. On Tuesday morning in the U.S., most major polling groups were predicting a win for former Secretary of State Clinton.

But in the early hours of November 9, Clinton called Trump to concede the election.

The president-elect spoke to a crowd of supporters in New York City a short time later. He congratulated Clinton and praised her campaign effort. And he called for the nation to unite."
    President Trump has succeeded in uniting the nation in disapproval of President Trump's emergency declaration.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Althea (02-18-2019), Guno צְבִי (02-18-2019)

6. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Beto Omar View Post
    While Democrats insist this emergency declaration is simply an effort to use executive power to get what Congress would not give Trump,
    I want to address this point, which makes ZERO sense but is par for the course when dealing with the left; how is this a legitimate argument from the Party of the Jackass?? Basically they are saying this; "we don't care about border security or Americans getting injured, robbed or murdered by illegals, we only care to prevent Trump from being able to carry through with a campaign pledge."

Are Democrats really this fucking dumb? They whined when McConnell said he wanted to make Obama a one term President. Meanwhile, these same, lying, repugnant hypocrites are attempting to invoke the 25th and/or impeachment for no other reason than they lost and don't like it???

This is another low bar the left is willing to set with their severe case of TDS. I can't wait to see how this plays out in 2020. They have so overplayed their hand, I don't see any way they can recover even with a complicit media that no longer reports the news, but attempts to create news based on lies, innuendo and hyperbole.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Truth Detector For This Post:

Darth Omar (02-18-2019), MAGA MAN (02-18-2019), Stretch (02-18-2019)

8. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    I want to address this point, which makes ZERO sense but is par for the course when dealing with the left; how is this a legitimate argument from the Party of the Jackass?? Basically they are saying this; "we don't care about border security or Americans getting injured, robbed or murdered by illegals, we only care to prevent Trump from being able to carry through with a campaign pledge."

Are Democrats really this fucking dumb? They whined when McConnell said he wanted to make Obama a one term President. Meanwhile, these same, lying, repugnant hypocrites are attempting to invoke the 25th and/or impeachment for no other reason than they lost and don't like it???

This is another low bar the left is willing to set with their severe case of TDS. I can't wait to see how this plays out in 2020. They have so overplayed their hand, I don't see any way they can recover even with a complicit media that no longer reports the news, but attempts to create news based on lies, innuendo and hyperbole.
    The left has managed to give blind partisanship a bad name lol.

Theres a plethora of active Declared Emergencies on the bookssome of which involve issues in other[?!] countries but Trumps DE deals with the border and protecting tax payers, so IT gets singled out for court action.

Really?

And you couldnt be more right about democrats being out to stop Trump. Its nothing more or nothing less. They dont care about the border, they dont care about protecting tax payers and they dont care about the money.

And they dont care about executive over reach because they sat on their hands while Obama raided the Treasury to fund the Libya debacle.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

MAGA MAN (02-18-2019), Truth Detector (02-18-2019)

10. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    "If Congress cannot muster the votes, however, a federal judge is unlikely to do so. Simply put, the courts were not created to protect Congress from itself. Congress has been heading to hell for decades, and it is a bit late to complain about the destination."

How sublime. Just perfectly stated.
    I read just about everything Turley puts out.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Sailor (02-18-2019), Stretch (02-18-2019), Truth Detector (02-18-2019)

12. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Love America View Post
    I think it is starting to dawn on lefties that Trump is going to win
    People like prosperity. Obama was just too greedy, he killed the golden goose for the donkeys.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

13. The Following User Groans At Celticguy For This Awful Post:

Nordberg (02-18-2019)

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Celticguy For This Post:

15. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    "If Congress cannot muster the votes, however, a federal judge is unlikely to do so. Simply put, the courts were not created to protect Congress from itself. Congress has been heading to hell for decades, and it is a bit late to complain about the destination."

How sublime. Just perfectly stated.
    Turley is a straight shooter. Non partisan, tells it like it is.

16. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    [size=3]
    Are Democrats really this fucking dumb?
    As they have shown time and again, YES they are that fucking dumb.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Celticguy For This Post:

18. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,834 Times in 17,265 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,601 Times in 4,278 Posts

The Constitution is bedrock. The Emergency law as Trump used it, is unconstitutional and the Supremes will have to rule that way. That will take a long time.
    However, if the house votes against Trumps criminal act, then the Senate has to vote too. It would be interesting to see who would vote for Trump over the law of the land.
    We all know Trump has no respect for the law. This is just another example.

19. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

I read just about everything Turley puts out.
    Ditto here. He and Victor Davis Hansen have that same calm, cool, thoroughly concise to the point way of writing and speaking.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

20. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Turley is a straight shooter. Non partisan, tells it like it is.
    Agree. Easy to listen to and read. Never gets knocked off balance into partisanship.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

Sailor (02-18-2019)

22. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,037 Times in 14,531 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    Hey, B.

Did you miss this?

"Americans have elected Donald J. Trump as the 45th President of the United States. The Republican Party candidate defeated the Democratic Party nominee, Hillary Clinton.

The result is a shock to most political experts and pollsters. On Tuesday morning in the U.S., most major polling groups were predicting a win for former Secretary of State Clinton.

But in the early hours of November 9, Clinton called Trump to concede the election.

The president-elect spoke to a crowd of supporters in New York City a short time later. He congratulated Clinton and praised her campaign effort. And he called for the nation to unite."
    Poor Earl. Millions and millions of people voted against trump. Citing the Electoral College only bolsters the point that trump cannot win again. He hoodwinked labor in three key states. He can't do that again, because they all know that he's nothing but a liar.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

23. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Thats a recipe for becoming a Trump supporter lol.
    Only for his favorite demographic...the 'under educated'.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

24. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Earl,

President Trump has succeeded in uniting the nation in disapproval of President Trump's emergency declaration.
    More so against the wall.