Thread: Man Arrested in Kentucky After Pulling Gun on a Couple Over Their MAGA Hats

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,653 Times in 2,111 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 93 Times in 89 Posts

Default Man Arrested in Kentucky After Pulling Gun on a Couple Over Their MAGA Hats

A Tennessee man is in jail after being accused of pulling a gun on a Sam's Club customer Saturday.

According to the police report, officers were called to Sam's Club due to a person with a gun.

According to the alleged victim Terry Pierce, a man pulled a gun on him because he was wearing a Make America Great Again (MAGA) hat.

"I have as much right to wear that hat and support my country and my president as he has not to," said Pierce.

The police report confirms that the suspect, identified as James Phillips, admitted to flipping off Pierce and Pierce's wife because of their hats.

Pierce tells 13 News that he was shopping with his wife when Phillips "Pulled a .40 caliber out and stuck it in my face, backed up and said, 'It's a good day for you to die.'"

Pierce went on to tell 13 News, "I said, 'Then pull the trigger. Put the gun down and fight me or pull the trigger. Whichever one you want.' And he backed up and he said it again, he said, 'It's a good day for you to die.'"

Pierce said the Phillips then took off. That's when Pierce followed him out into the parking lot.

"I went out the front of the store to confront him again and that's when I got him in his car. He couldn't leave because his mother was still in the store. And we were having a verbal altercation outside," said Pierce.

Pierce added, "He tried telling me I assaulted him and I said, 'I never touched you.'"

According to the police report, surveillance video confirms Pierce's story that he did not put his hands on Phillips.

The report does mention that witnesses and Pierce said Phillips pulled a gun on Pierce inside the store but this couldn't be seen on surveillance video due to Phillips backing out of the view of the camera.

In the report, police say Phillips had a Glock .40 caliber with a round chambered in his back pocket and two additional magazines in another pocket. Police say Phillips has a current concealed carry permit in Tennessee, where he is from.

No one was injured, but police arrested Phillips for wanton endangerment first degree. Phillips is in the Warren County Regional Jail.

https://www.wbko.com/content/news/Ma...505971901.html

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,386 Times in 53,267 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

This whole story premise stinks because Kentucky. When would a concealed-carry permit-holder in a Red state get pissed because of a MAGA hat? He wouldn't. He'd take them out to lunch. There's more to this than your report says.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

lisasanders1964 (02-18-2019)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,011 Times in 3,467 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 494 Times in 452 Posts
    Blog Entries

That's crazy. Is this another staged event to prove a point by some right wingers? Makes no sense. I think it's possible this is a counter hoax.

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,653 Times in 2,111 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 93 Times in 89 Posts

BOWLING GREEN, Ky. – A Tennessee man is charged with first-degree wanton endangerment after witnesses told police he pulled a gun on a man who was wearing Make America Great Again hat inside Sam’s Club.

The hat is associated with President Donald Trump’s campaign for office.

James Phillips, 57, of Cottontown, Tenn., is accused of pulling a gun on the man inside the store Saturday after making an obscene gesture with his finger, according to his arrest citation.

Phillips, who was wearing a veterans cap, told police he made the gesture at the man and a woman with him because of the MAGA hats they were wearing, according to his citation. The man then confronted Phillips inside the store and an argument began.

That man then made the same obscene gesture to Phillips, according to the citation. At that point, witnesses told police Phillips pointed a gun at the man. That portion of the incident could not be seen on video surveillance.

Police encountered Phillips and the couple after being called to the Sam’s Club parking lot where multiple witnesses had called the police to report a man pulling a gun on a couple, according to his citation.

Callers told police the man, later identified as Phillips, told the woman, “it’s a good day to die b…..”

In his rear right pocket, Phillips was carrying a concealed .40 caliber Glock with a bullet chambered. He had two extra magazines in his left cargo pocket, according to his arrest citation.

He holds a concealed carry permit from Tennessee which has a reciprocal agreement with Kentucky for concealed carry licenses.

Phillips is lodged in the Warren County Regional Jail.

https://www.wnky.com/man-accused-of-...ing-maga-hats/

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,626 Times in 7,127 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,985 Times in 2,707 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
    A Tennessee man is in jail after being accused of pulling a gun on a Sam's Club customer Saturday.

According to the police report, officers were called to Sam's Club due to a person with a gun.

According to the alleged victim Terry Pierce, a man pulled a gun on him because he was wearing a Make America Great Again (MAGA) hat.

"I have as much right to wear that hat and support my country and my president as he has not to," said Pierce.

The police report confirms that the suspect, identified as James Phillips, admitted to flipping off Pierce and Pierce's wife because of their hats.

Pierce tells 13 News that he was shopping with his wife when Phillips "Pulled a .40 caliber out and stuck it in my face, backed up and said, 'It's a good day for you to die.'"

Pierce went on to tell 13 News, "I said, 'Then pull the trigger. Put the gun down and fight me or pull the trigger. Whichever one you want.' And he backed up and he said it again, he said, 'It's a good day for you to die.'"

Pierce said the Phillips then took off. That's when Pierce followed him out into the parking lot.

"I went out the front of the store to confront him again and that's when I got him in his car. He couldn't leave because his mother was still in the store. And we were having a verbal altercation outside," said Pierce.

Pierce added, "He tried telling me I assaulted him and I said, 'I never touched you.'"

According to the police report, surveillance video confirms Pierce's story that he did not put his hands on Phillips.

The report does mention that witnesses and Pierce said Phillips pulled a gun on Pierce inside the store but this couldn't be seen on surveillance video due to Phillips backing out of the view of the camera.

In the report, police say Phillips had a Glock .40 caliber with a round chambered in his back pocket and two additional magazines in another pocket. Police say Phillips has a current concealed carry permit in Tennessee, where he is from.

No one was injured, but police arrested Phillips for wanton endangerment first degree. Phillips is in the Warren County Regional Jail.

cant blame the guy for defending himself against the likes of you

7. The Following User Says Thank You to katzgar For This Post:

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 8 Times in 8 Posts

Repeating the same incredible and unbelievable story twice doesn't make it more believable.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DebraDoesDonald For This Post:

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 166 Times in 142 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by katzgar View Post
    cant blame the guy for defending himself against the likes of you
    Phillips was only defending himself because he feared for his life. Anyone wearing a MAGA hat in public is a danger and must be dealt with swiftly. Shame he didn't shoot the fucking trumptards. It would have been justifiable homicide.

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,647 Times in 16,577 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,435 Times in 1,357 Posts
    Blog Entries

Sock alert...shocking

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    This whole story premise stinks because Kentucky. When would a concealed-carry permit-holder in a Red state get pissed because of a MAGA hat? He wouldn't. He'd take them out to lunch. There's more to this than your report says.
    To be consistent lol, I won’t bite on this till more facts come in.

That said, I won’t wear a MAGA hat in WV. It has less to do with fearing for my life than I don’t want to deal with drama in public places.

Over a fricking ball cap.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tinfoil View Post
    That's crazy. Is this another staged event to prove a point by some right wingers? Makes no sense. I think it's possible this is a counter hoax.
    I won’t go as far to say it makes no sense—the Covington debacle proved the MAGA hat is like a lightening rod for lefties and there’s video of at least a verbal altercation. They also have witnesses to the dude pulling a gun.

It could still be a set-up though. I’ll wait and see.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

14. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,448 Times in 965 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 45 Times in 42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post

Pulling a gun on someone because you are pissed off or offended is never the right thing to do.

Chasing after someone who pulled a gun on you just to continue the argument is down right suicidal.

What is it with men and their chest thumping rituals?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Gotcha68 For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (02-18-2019)