Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Jussie Smollett Hires Defense Attorney

1. #136 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 43 Times in 37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tkaffen View Post
    Maybe Smollett can share his attorney with West Hollywood mayor John Duran who is facing multiple allegations of sexual assault.
    They can both share a cell.
    And they would have fun ...

2. #137 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

So, now the FBI is involved as a result of the phony letter with the MAGA return address.
    Annnnnnnnnnnnd...he was sentenced to 24 months probation for DUI & lying to police a few years ago.
    Clearly he has some mental issues.
    Last edited by Stretch; 02-19-2019 at 07:56 PM.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

3. #138 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

As the police investigation into the alleged attack against "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett continues, it was revealed Tuesday that in 2007 Smollett pleaded no contest to DUI, driving without a license and providing false information to law enforcement, the L.A. City Attorney's office confirmed to NBC News.

Video report at https://www.nbcchicago.com/entertain...506058301.html
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

4. #139 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    This letter was sent to his studio days before the attack, maybe that's where the MAGA business came from. I hope by posting this pic I don't send the board haters into a frenzy of accusations that Smollett created it.

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    Shazam, just what I predicted!
    You were saying? Lol.
    Every life matters

5. #140 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 166 Times in 142 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    This story checks so many different boxes that it's going to continue to draw national attention. It's now being reported that the police have released the two Nigerian men without charges (at least yet) and that Mr. Smollett has hired Chicago defense attorney Michael Monico who is considered one of the best in the country. I'm probably missing something here but on the surface if you're the victim I don't see why you need a defense attorney.

I'm sure they'll be additional information to come.
    Jussie has hired a defense attorney cos the police charged him with something. Last time I checked, EVERY American is entitled to a fair trial and that means having someone DEFEND them in court.

Just ask trump. He's had so many fucking law suits against him , he has lawyers on speed dial. Oh except Michael Cohen of course. Cohen is going to jail for a long time. Not as long as Manafort or Flynn though.

6. #141 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lisasanders1964 View Post
    Jussie has hired a defense attorney cos the police charged him with something. Last time I checked, EVERY American is entitled to a fair trial and that means having someone DEFEND them in court.

Just ask trump. He's had so many fucking law suits against him , he has lawyers on speed dial. Oh except Michael Cohen of course. Cohen is going to jail for a long time. Not as long as Manafort or Flynn though.
    You're are such an uniformed idiot; because he hired his defense lawyer, BEFORE he was even charged or it was even being considered to charge him.

He did it; because he saw the writing on the wall and knew his pathetic attempt at attention was failing.

SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

7. #142 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 19 Times in 19 Posts

PREDICTION:

Everyone will forget this story ... in two weeks.

So much so that Everyone will forget this post I am writing now.

PS: D'ya know that the tall guy in the band, The Monkeys, died yesterday?

8. #143 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

NN host Don Lemon said Wednesday it wasn't "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett's fault that he had already lost in the "court of public opinion" for his handling of the weeks since he claimed he was attacked in a hate crime.

Rather, Lemon said, after he and his panel assessed the legal troubles Smollett is in following his arrest for disorderly conduct in filing a false police report, it seemed the actor had gotten poor advice.

"In the court of public opinion, Jussie has lost," Lemon said. "He's lost the fight in the court of public opinion, and that's where his battle is. Legally … if it's jail time, if he has to do probation, if he has to pay whatever, but in the court of public opinion—"

"It matters," CNN legal analyst Joey Jackson said.

"It matters," Lemon said. "And he lost that because of how—and not his fault—but maybe people were, I don't know what they were saying to him, maybe because of his representatives, who knows? But it was handled poorly."

"I don't know if it's not his fault, Don," Jackson said. "He went out and he gave the interview."
    https://freebeacon.com/politics/lemo...ublic-opinion/